Gb | Eng |
---|
那时我不在家,所以由我女儿招待客人。 | I went away so my daughter acted as hostess. |
我(那时)很着急。--你用不着着急嘛。 | I was worried. You needn't have been. |
我们那时住在乡下。 | We lived in the country then. |
他们恋爱那时国家正进行著战争. | Their love affair was played out against the background of a country at war. |
我那时正沿著大街向北去, 走著走著.... | I was proceeding along the High Street in a northerly direction when... |
那时,这老头儿只不过是个泥瓦工罢了。他之所以发迹,我认为靠的是精明的而不是业绩。 | In his time, the old gentleman was a working mason, and had risen form the ranks more, I think, by shrewdness than by merit. |
马在第一道拦栅前就不肯跳了,我就是那时摔下来的。 | The horse refused at the first fence, and that's when I came off. |
到那时节我一定会回来的,明年这时分,撒拉一定会生个儿子的。 | In due season I will come back to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son. |
那时他没暴露他的身份。 | He didn't reveal his identity at that time. |
他那时恰好从那里路过。 | He happened to pass by there at that time. |
那时英语是唯一必修的外国语。 | English was the only foreign language required. |
从那时起,老乡们都在谈"我们的梅大夫"了。 | From then on all the villagers talked about"our Doctor Mei". |
在我现在看来,他那时似乎在叹气,而我吃吃地笑是在隐藏我的尴尬。 | It seems to me now that he sighed and that I tittered to hide my embarrassment. |
那时我们在同一个班。 | We were both in the same class. |
英国人在任何动乱的年代都要重温战争时期的日子,那时人们都友好互助。 | In any troubled times, the British tend to hark back to wartime days, when people helped each other in a friendly spirit. |
那时正在打仗。 | The war was on then. |
我那时正在后院劈柴。 | I was out in the back yard splitting logs. |
那时绘画艺术非常不景气。 | Painting was then at its lowest ebb. |
那时他正穿着笨重的靴子走来走去。 | He was clumping about in heavy boots that time. |
她来了将近两个月的时候,开始抱怨说她觉得身体更糟了,从那时起,她成了牧场上的负担。 | Nearly two months after her arrival she began to complain that she felt worse. It was then that she became ranch's old man of the sea. |
那时一场大瘟疫正在该城肆虐。 | A great plague was then raging in the city. |
自那时起,从埃及的木乃伊头发到石器时代的檀香木等有机物质的年代都已被确定。 | Since then, organic materials ranging from Egyptian mummy hair to Stone Age sandals have been dated. |
服这器官妙得很,它从你在早上起床的一刹那时就开始工作,而且直至你进入办公室为止,是不会停止(工作)的。 | The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office. |
历史可以证明,德国人在1944年12月的反攻巴尔吉之战中使出了最后的力量,从那时起,他们的失败只不过是时间问题而已。 | History may prove that in Dec.1944, the Germans shot their bolt at the Battle of the Bulge; after that, their defeat was just a matter of time. |
|