GbEng
当我像你这样年纪时... When I was your age...
这样的天才现在很少见。 It is rare to find such a genius nowadays.
俱乐部会馆提供这样方便的建筑物 A building housing such facilities.
你有这样一位通情达理的父亲,真是幸运。 You are fortunate to have such a reasonable father.
他需要有高收入才能供养得起这样一个大家庭。 He needs a high income to support such a large family.
无疑,他们一定知道这样讲话可能产生的后果。 Certainly they must know the probable result of such speeches.
我一想到要对这样的听众讲话,就有些胆小。 I was rather daunted by the thought of addressing such an audience.
他们如果还顾及人的生命就不会做出这样可怕的事来。 If they had any respect for human life they wouldn't do such terrible things.
想在这样大的暴风雪中去爬山简直是疯狂。 It would be madness to try to climb the mountain in such a snowstorm.
我们正考虑在这样的事情上给他们更多的发言权。 We are considering giving them greater say in such matters.
组织这样大规模的聚会要花费许多时间和精力。 The organization of such a large-scale party takes a lot of time and energy.
节目涉及从流行音乐到京剧这样形形色色的题材。 The program deals with subjects as diverse as pop music and Beijing Opera.
在这样的高度,雪永不融化。 In these altitudes snow never melts.
她晚了一个钟头了吧? 她就是这样. She was an hour late, was she? That's about par for the course for her.
我已经好久没有读到过这样好的书了。 I've not read such a good book for many a long day.
这样说不是在针对你的。 In saying this I am not aiming at you.
我认为这样的集会毫无价值。 I feel that such gatherings are worthless.
人举不起这样的重量. It is not humanly possible (ie A human is not able) to lift the weight.
我说过要有这样的事,果然如此。 I say it will happen, and sure enough it do.
这样的经验才是生活的内在本质。 Such experiences are the very staff of life.
没料到,他对这件事的反应是这样的。 His reaction on this matter is unexpected.
我们对医生这样对待我们感到不满。 We are unhappy about the way the doctor treated us.
我国任何时候都没有现在这样繁荣。 At no time has the country been more prosperous than at present.
你不能以疲劳为理由就这样对待职工. Tiredness cannot possibly justify your treating staff this way.
你在这样弱的光线下看书会损伤视力的。 You will strain your eyes by reading in such poor light.
我警告你,如果你再这样干,我们就要处分你了。 I warn you if you do that again We'll punish you.
在这样远景鼓舞下,他们打算修建更多的水渠。 Inspired by these prospects, they planned to build more canals.
他总是用这样得方式说话,所以每个人都讨厌他。 He always talks in such a way that everyone dislikes him.
我希望你最近转变成的这样子永远不要再变。 I hope you'll never change back from the person you have recently become.
好长时间,我妈妈和我嫂子一直争论这样小的细节问题。 My mother and my sister-in-law have been arguing about such minor details for a long time.
人性厌恶这样的罪行。 Human nature revolts at such a crime.
这样浪费金钱简直是罪恶。 It's a wicked waste of money.
看见他的健康情况这样不佳,我很伤心。 It grieves me to see him in such bad health.
用不著这样匆忙--我们有的是时间. There's no need to be in such a tearing hurry we've got plenty of time.
要是你老这样举棋不定, 我们就来不及了. If you keep shilly-shallying like this we'll be late.
这样的行为与她情操高尚的原则是矛盾的。 Such behavior is inconsistent with her high-minded principles.
通货膨胀率可能上升。如果是这样,物价就会上涨。 Inflation may be rising, if (it is) so, prices will go up.
这样的宝贵教训应该铭记在心。 Such a lesson should be treasured in our memories.
并非所有的人生来都像你这样有天赋。 Not everyone was born with such endowments as you.
唯有在南台湾我才见过像这样的风景。 Only in the southern part of Taiwan have I seen such scenery as this.
对一个这样漂亮的女孩来说,化妆有些画蛇添足。 For such a beautiful girl, to use make-up would be to gild the lily.
像这样与你在此相逢真好比一场梦! Meeting you here like this is positively surreal!
"对年青人的思想、感情和行动发生这样巨大的兴趣,自有它的道理。" "There are reasons for this great interest in the ideas, feelings, and actions of youth."
警察组成这样一个部门的一群人,他们被专门训练来掌握执行法律和防止并侦破犯罪行为的方法,被授予维护一个社区的和平、安全和秩序的职权 A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and given the authority to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
我觉得我有义务不这样。 I feel it is my duty not to.
这孩子一心想要这样东西。 The child has set his heart on it.
在这样重要的场合, 我们有幸能欢迎... On an occasion such as this (ie as important as this) we are privileged to welcome...
你平时如果努力学习,在考试前就不必这样整夜开夜车了。 If you work hard at other times, you won't have to sit up all night before the exam.
开办这样的公司有点冒险. Setting up this business was a bit of a gamble.
待在像这样的地方不合我的身份。 I don't belong in the place like this.
你居然建议这样的事,太可笑了。 It was absurd of you to suggest such a thing.
他正在这样干时被一位民兵撞见了。 A militiaman surprised him in the act.
这样一种错误可能导致灾难性的后果。 Such a mistake would perhaps lead to disastrous consequences.
如果这样的话,你的观点一定会和他的起冲突。 If so, your points of view are bound to conflict with his.
他的业务对手都知道不可指望他这样无情的人会手软. His business rivals knew they could expect no quarter from such a ruthless adversary.
我从来没听过像这样的长篇废话. I've never heard such a rigmarole.
他这样做时,指头微微颤动了一下。 His fingers trembled while doing so.
决不只是瞎子才犯这样愚蠢的错误。 It is not only blind men who make such stupid mistakes.
这样的程序是从旧制度那里沿袭下来的. This procedure is a hangover from the old system.
你如果老是这样下去,早晚要倒霉的。 If you carry on like this you'll come in for it sooner or later.
遗嘱检验文件副本经这样检验过的遗嘱的已鉴定过的副本 An authenticated copy of a will so certified.
把孩子的头发用梳子梳梳,他可不能这样参加聚会。 Run a comb through the childs hair he can't go to a party looking like that.
假使上天认为财富是有价值的东西的话,它就不会将之给予这样的一个恶棍的吧。 If heaven had looked upon riches to be a valuable thing, it will not have given them to such a scoundrel.
我很钦佩你这样巧妙地处理了这种局面. I admired your delicate handling of the situation.
你继续这样大量吸烟,就是在自掘坟墓。 You are just digging your own grave if you go on smoking so heavily.
我这样设想对吗? Am I correct in supposing so?
这样严竣的法令不易实施. Such a strict law is not easily enforceable.
湍急的水道这样一股水流的渠道 The channel of such a current.
这样无聊的读物你怎能看得下去! How can you bear to read such pap!
`这门是这样开的.'`噢, 我明白了.' `The door opens like this.' `Oh, I see.'
对这种待遇[受到这样的待遇]我表示抗议. I object to such treatment /to being treated like this.
虽然他是懦夫,却无法忍受这样的侮辱。 Coward as he is (=Though he is a coward), he can't bear such an insult.
我和你换换地方吧[咱们换换地方吧, 这样你就能靠近窗户]. Let me change places with you/Let's change places so you can be next to the window.
就这样子,那争吵是一次漂亮的争吵;若要为它解释一番,就只会糟踢它罢了。 The quarrel is a very pretty quarrel as it stands; we should only spoil it by trying to explain it.
"况且,不管我是不是这样",他接着说,"这和他认为我忘恩负义没有多大关系。" "Besides, whether I am or not, " he added, "that has little or nothing to do with his thinking me ungrateful."
她也在冒这样的风险. She runs the same risks.
应该这样做工作。 The work should be done in this way.
如果他老是这样喝酒,他迟早要丢饭碗的。 If he continues drinking, sooner or later he will lose his job.
他先给我们讲了一个亲身经历的故事,这样大家就谈了起来。 He led off the conversation by telling us a story of his personal experience.
我不赞同这样的计划. I would not give/lend countenance to such a plan.
这样的是没有不摔跟头的。 Such people are bound to trip and fall.
这样浪费,真叫人看了心疼。 It makes one's heart ache to see such waste.
别为了丢失一支笔就这样大惊小怪。 Don't make so much fuss over losing a pen.
这样的便服不宜在正式的场合穿. Such casual dress would not be correct for a formal occasion.
人性就是这样,所以在场的每个人都感动得流下眼泪。 Such is human nature that everybody present was moved to tears.
这样,这架飞机才能升高,并在距山头四百英尺的高度飞越山顶。 The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by400 feet.
权限,职权这样授予的权力 The authority so granted.
为这样的小事辞职未免愚蠢而轻率。 It would be foolish and impetuous to resign over such a trivial matter.
我庆幸自己不必在天气这样恶劣的夜晚外出. I'm glad I don't have to go out on such a dirty night.
她若只因迟到一次就失去了工作,这样对她未免太不公平了。 If she lost her job for being late once, she got a pretty raw deal.
我可以把它裁得低一点,这样让您穿着这件外套显得更丰满一点。 I can cut it lower and in that way give you a little more fullness in the blouse.
他这样粗野,我真想揍他。 I'd a good mind to smack him for being so rude!
用这样一把旧铁锹挖地真费劲。 It's hard to work this soil with such an old spade.
安不应该这样谈论她的恩人. It ill behoves Anne (ie She ought not) to speak thus of her benefactor.
银行对这样的大笔贷款一定要有抵押物。 The bank will insist on collateral for a loan of that size.
有线圈的设备这样的螺旋线圈是主要部件的 Any of various devices of which such a spiral is the major component.
这个普普通通的指挥见到这样的乐谱便认输了。 The average conductor, faced with such a score, throws up his cards.
小心点,哈里,你再这样盯着别的女人,她会把你的眼珠抠出来。 Be careful, Harry, she'll scratch your eyes out if you so much as glance at another woman.
这样,我9岁就挑起了家庭的重担。我想方设法,干各种杂活,养家活口。 So I was a bread winner when I was nine. I did odds and sods to get things by any means.
那里的农民过去总是让羊吃掉田里的油菜,这样好把它们养壮了送进屠宰场。 Farmers there used to eat off the coleseed with sheep so as to make them fit for the butcher.
德拉就这样做了。你知道,人生是由呜咽,抽泣和徽笑组成的,而其中主要的是抽泣。 So Della did. You see, life You see, life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles- but mainly of sniffles.
酗酒成性的人承认饮酒过度是弊多利少,他这样说实际是自己打自己的嘴巴。 By admitting that excessive drinking does more harm than good, the man who indulged in the practice was condemned out of his own mouth.
要不是办像酿酒厂或保险公司这样的副业,他们没有多少人只靠艺术就能过的舒舒服服。 Few of them managed to make a good living out of their art alone, without running a sideline such as a brewery or an insurance office.
也许最重要的是,这些选举将使大众认识新面孔,尤其是来自反对党阵营的。这样投石问路将会测如候选人的影响力,建立知名度,并过滤问题。 Perhaps most important, these elections will put new faces before the public, especially from the opposition camp. This testing of the waters will measure the impact of the candidates, build name recognition and sift the issues.
你怎么可以这样说? How can you say that?
他这样说真是无耻! It was brazen of him to say so!
是什麽促使你推测出这样的结论? What made you conjecture that?
吵闹的声音这样大,我怎能读书呢? How can I read with all this row going on?
他们是这样宣称的,但他们有证据吗? So they alleged, but have they any proof?
惯例上要求这样的集会应当以祈祷开始。 Convention requires that such meetings open with prayer.
碰到这样容易的考卷, 那是老天爷的恩赐. To have such an easy examination paper was a gift from the gods.
我们能够指望这样的好天气再持续一段时间吗? Can we hope for a continuance of this fine weather?
哎呀,不要这样死要面子啦,告诉我真心话吧! Oh, don't be so respectable! Tell me what you really feel.
有人问她为什麽要这样做, 她则极力为自己辩解. When asked to explain her behaviour, she gave a very defensive answer.
飞机上升到这样高度时,飞行员昏厥了片刻时间。 The pilot blacked out for a moment upon reaching such a high altitude.
从动物我们得到像羊毛、丝、皮革、与毛皮这样的材料。 From animals we get such materials as wool, silk, leather and furs.
先用尺在纸上划出方格,这样你就能把图精确地摹绘下来了。 Square the page off with your ruler, then you'll be able to copy the drawing accurately.
不要因为我说你的头发是姜黄色就大发雷霆-你也知道事实就是这样。 Don't get into a wax because I said you hair is ginger-you know that it is.
但是能否以这样的方法把激光发展到可以在空,凤摧毁进攻的导弹呢? But can laser beams be developed in such a way to destroy attacking missiles in space?
事情的真相是:这样一种工作不仅存在,而且极易招致行贿受贿事件。 It emerged not only that such a job existed, but that it was particularly subject to bribery.
于是,村办学校继续办下去,至少暂时能这样,让我们为现在的职员高呼万岁! So the village school stays open, for the time being at least, and long live our present incumbent.
英格兰这国家过去和现在一样,到处可碰见这样的人:他们喜欢发号施令,但对正在发生的事情却似乎知之甚少。 England is, and has always been, a country infested with people who love to tell up what to do, but who rarely seem to know what's going on.
除非某个心怀不满的大亨加以反对并威胁要退出,这样决定下来的名单就成了人名单。如果出现反对或退出的行为,那就称为“撕毁候选人名单”。 The list so settled it now a slate, unless some discontented magnate objects and threatens to withdraw. To do so is called"breaking the slate".