Gb | Eng |
---|
虽然汤药很苦,我还是不得不喝了。 | I had to take the herb tea although it's bitter. |
这个虽然不便宜, 但我觉得我们还是应该买. | It's not cheap but I think we should buy it none the less. |
现在的时装和我还是小女孩时候流行的样子很不一样了。 | Fashions have changed a lot since I was a little girl. |
他尽管有病,还是可以上课。 | He is not so sick but he can attend a class. |
尽管他帮助过我,可是我还是恨他。 | I hate him albeit he helped me. |
尽管我努力劝说,他还是不同意。 | In spite of my efforts at persuasion, he wouldn't agree. |
尽管我们尽了全力,我们还是输掉了比赛。 | Despite all our efforts we still lost the game. |
在资信方面, 这家商行还是很可靠的。 | In respect of financial standing, this firm is reliable. |
试验没有成功,尽管如此,还是值得做的。 | The experiment failed. It was, nevertheless, worth making. |
我大声打了个呵欠,可他还是不停地讲下去。 | I gave a loud yawn, but he just kept on talking. |
杰克不仅是个好学生,而且还是名篮球队员。 | Jack is not only a good student but also a basketball player. |
你要把蔬菜煮熟还是生吃? | Do you want your vegetables cooked or raw? |
你到美国是坐船还是坐飞机? | Are you going to America by boat or by plane? |
【谚】东也好,西也好,还是家最好。 | East or west, home is best. |
你认为她的小说属于文学类,还是其它类? | Would you classify her novels as serious literature or other? |
别老唠叨你的那些问题,还是做些实际工作解决它们吧! | Stop dwelling on your problems and do something about them! |
"告诉我:在任何一项工作中,是师傅说了算,还是助手说了算!""那得看情况。" | "Tell me this: In any job of work, should the master have the last word, or the assistant! " "That depends." |
还是我直接跟他打交道为好 | I prefer to deal with him direct. |
没什么事可做,我还是上床睡觉好了。 | There is nothing to do, so I may as well go to bed. |
不管穷还是富,他都快活。 | He is always happy whether rich or not. |
他再试一次,竟然还是失败。 | He tried a second time only to fail again. |
虽然我倒油时很小心, 但还是洒了一些. | Although I poured it carefully, I spilt some of the oil. |
尽管早上起来头疼,我还是照常上班。 | Although I got up with a headache, I went to work as usual. |
虽然任务艰巨,他们还是设法及时完成。 | Difficult though the task was, they managed to accomplish it in time. |
她的最新小说尽管广为宣传, 结果还是彻底失败. | Despite all the publicity, her latest novel was a complete flop. |
邻居们请他们停止吵闹, 可他们不听还是继续吵闹。 | The neighbors asked them to stop making a noise, but they kept on. |
我个人还是赞成炸香肠。 | I personally vote for fried sausage. |
虽然他竭力阻止这桩婚姻,但还是成了事实。 | He tried to prevent the marriage but it still took place notwithstanding. |
尽管他已三十岁了,但还是孩子般的无邪。 | Although thirty, he is childlike. |
是真的还是我当时在做梦? | Was it real or did I dream it? |
你的胃痛好些还是更坏了? | Is your stomach getting better or worse? |
你喜欢草地球场还是硬地球场? | Do you prefer grass or hard courts? |
这腰带是在前面打结还是在後面? | Does this sash tie in front or at the back? |
你是把水果装在罐里保存呢,还是冷冻起来保存? | Do you bottle your fruit or freeze it? |
虽然他拼命向她求爱,但她还是拒绝了他的殷勤。 | Although he tried desperately to make love to her, she repulsed his attentions. |
我们是不著陆的连续飞行呢, 还是要在中途的什麽地方停一停? | Is this a continuous flight, or do we stop off anywhere? |
我们来抛硬币决定谁先走吧,你是要正面还是要反面? | Let's flip a coin to decide who should go first - do you want heads or tails? |
我看最好还是给你做些化验。 | I think we'd better give you a few test. |
你还是告诉她吧, 因为她迟早会发觉的. | You should tell her, because she'll find out sooner or later. |
他虽被命令不许去,但还是去了。 | He went, notwithstanding he was ordered to stay. |
他接近六十岁了,但他仍认为自己还是中年人。 | He's nearly60, but he still considers himself to be middle-aged. |
情形很糟,但无论如何还是没有达到最糟的地步。 | The conditions are bad, but not as bad as they might be, by a long way. |
他不只是拳击手, 还是世界冠军呢. | He's not a mere boxer: he's world champion. |
她不但是摄影师还是个天才的音乐家. | She is a talented musician as well as being a photographer. |
她虽然非常害怕, 但表面上还是显得很镇静. | Though badly frightened, she appeared outwardly calm. |
弱者被逼太甚,也会进行抗争,你最好还是给她一条出路。 | Even a worm will turn. You had better give her a way out. |
他在过去的工作岗位上以老看钟盼下班而闻名,如果他在这里还是耍那一套,他会丢掉工作的。 | In his last post he was known as a clock watcher. If he comes that game here, he'll lose his job. |
我踌躇了一阵,还是无法做决定。 | I faltered for a while and was still unable to make a decision. |
这胶卷是彩色的还是黑白的? | Is the film in colour or black and white? |
应该称呼他`先生'还是`牧师'? | Should he be styled `Mr' or `Reverend'? |
我用普通油还是黄油来炒洋葱呢? | Shall I use oil or butter for frying the onions? |
尽管我知道菠菜对我有益,我还是不喜欢它、 | I do not like spinach even though I know it's good for me. |
这件衣服是纯羊毛的,还是羊毛与尼龙混纺的 ? | Is this garment made of pure wool, or of wool mixed with nylon? |
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" | "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week." |
在足球锦标赛的最后3分钟时,两队还是不分胜负,突然切尔斯队的中锋非常出色地在罚球区之外将功赎罪球顶入了网内。 | The two teams were drawing with only three minutes of play left in the Cup Final when Chelsea's centre forward pulled a master stroke and headed the ball into the net from outside the penalty area. |
大体上说,这里的气候还是很宜人的,夏天不太热,冬天也不太冷。 | On the whole, the climate here is quite pleasant, neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter. |
别空想了,还是从实际出发吧。 | Stop daydreaming and be realistic. |
他们断定还是呆在原地好。 | They figured it was better to stay where they were. |
我再一考虑,反倒觉得可能还是她对。 | On further reflection, I saw that she might be right, after all. |
邻居们请他们安静一些, 可他们还是吵吵闹闹。 | The neighbors asked them to stop making a noise, but they kept on. |
尽管遭受干旱,还是获得了好收成。 | A good harvest was obtained in spite of the drought. |
我的叔叔虽然老了,但他看上去还是很健壮。 | Although my uncle is old, he looks very strong and healthy. |
作者似乎拿不定主意是写喜剧还是写悲剧, 致使这个剧非驴非马. | The author seems uncertain whether he is writing a comedy or a tragedy, so the play falls between two stools. |
这些衣服还是湿的,把他们在太阳下晾干。 | The clothes are still moist. Dry them in the sun. |
我女朋友唠叨着要我去理发,因此我今天终于去理了。只要能保持安宁,那还是值得的。 | My girlfriend keeps on nagging me to get a haircut so I finally had one today; it was worth it if only to keep the peace. |
他老是连续不断地锤击,把钉子敲进木头,而且钉头与板面平齐之后,还是一个劲儿地敲。 | He would hammer a nail into the wood with a series of blows that continued to down long after the head was flush with the boards. |
你要有格的纸还是白纸? | Do you want ruled paper or plain? |
你是男子汉还是胆小鬼? | Are you a man or a mouse (ie brave or cowardly)? |
您想买进口的还是国产的? | Do you want an import brand or a home-make one? |
这个肿瘤是良性的还是癌肿性的? | Is the growth benign or cancerous? |
你见到的是实物, 还是鬼魂? | Was it something substantial that you saw, or was it a ghost? |
好。是要豪华型、中型还是小型车? | Ok. Luxury, mid-size or compact? |
我又提示他一次, 他还是不理解(那答案). | I gave him another clue, but he still didn't twig (the answer). |
虽然事情进行得不如意, 玛丽还是继续尝试。 | Though things went against Mary, she went on trying. |
这两个定义可以合成一个呢, 还是必须分开? | Can these two definitions be conflated, or must they be kept separate? |
"我现在还不需要这些文献,但我还是要感谢你。" | I don't need the literature at present. Thank you very much all the same. |
"我们在渡口等了三个多小时,还是不见船的影子。" | "We waited more than three hours at the ferry, but no sign of a boat was seen." |
你到伦敦来的目的是为了要看望家人还是为了公事? | Did you come to London for the purpose of seeing your family, or for business purposes? |
是我看错了,还是这些确实是你们在那个花盆里栽的兰花? | Do my eyes deceive me, or are those real orchids you have growing in that pot? |
他以为他的构思最好,可是还是差了一点;它只得了二等奖。 | He thought his idea was the best, but it was a near miss; it only won second prize. |
不管你的食物是蔬菜还是肉,在咽下以前咀嚼,是最重要的。 | It is most important to chew your food, whether vegetable or meat, before you swallow it down. |
还是老生常谈的事: 谁都想让房子整洁, 可谁也不愿意亲自整理. | It's the same old story: everybody wants the house tidy, but nobody wants to tidy it himself. |
当欧洲人还是居住在洞穴中的野蛮人时,这些地方的文化早已十分繁荣昌盛。 | These civilizations flourished while Europeans were still savages living in caves. |
走读生凡拟在校用午餐者希于10时前通知总务管理员,今天你在家吃午饭还是出去吃饭? | Non-resident students who wish to lunch in should inform the Bursar before ten o'clock. |
科技英语的一个重要的,也许是令人惊奇的特点是:无论是书面的传达,还是口头的交流,二者都是可以作为正式文体而通用的。 | An important and perhaps surprising feature of technical English is that its normal style is common to both written and spoken communication. |
猜测萨达姆心里如何想法是毫无意义的。不论他是做给伊斯兰激进分子看,还是趁最后一个机会找布什麻烦,他与美国和全世界对抗,不久就成为克林顿先生的问题。 | It's pointless to try to read Saddam Hussein's mind. Whether he is playing to Islamic radicals or simply taking a final poke at George Bush, his confrontation with America and the world will soon be one more problem for Mr.Clinton. |
|