Gb | Eng |
---|
让我想一想。 | Let me see. |
他的病让我急死了。 | I'm worried sick by his illness. |
让我们友好地谈话。 | Let's keep the conversation on a friendly plane. |
我们试图让她和她的家庭和好。 | We tried to reconcile her with her family. |
我对他很生气,因为他让我等了好久。 | I was angry with him for keeping me waiting. |
她自己省着吃,好让孩子们吃饱。 | She stinted herself of food in order to let the children have enough. |
别让我失望。 | Don't let me down. |
让我解释迟到的理由。 | Let me explain why I was late. |
别让她在外边雨中等著. | Don't leave her waiting outside in the rain. |
乡村生活确实让人愉快。 | Life in the country is rather delightful. |
打开窗户,让新鲜的空气进来。 | Open the window and let in some fresh air. |
小男孩的手指让墨水给染脏了。 | The little boy stained his fingers with ink. |
这药保证能让你好好睡一觉。 | This medicine will ensure you a good night's sleep. |
让我记下你的地址和电话号码。 | Let me note down your address and telephone number. |
他收拾行李,让我们等了好半天。 | He kept us waiting for ages while he packed his luggage. |
把被单好好煮一煮,好让它们白一些。 | Give the sheets a good boil to get them white. |
你不应该让士兵们冒不必要的危险。 | You shouldn't expose the soldiers to unnecessary risks. |
她拥抱了一下儿子,然后让他上床睡觉。 | She give her son a hug and put him to bed. |
不应该让退休的人感到自己是个闲人 | A retired person should not be made to feel he's on the shelf. |
厨房是我妻子的领地,她不愿让我进去。 | The kitchen is my wife's domain, she doesn't like me going into it. |
让我看看买卖这块土地的所有官方文件。 | Let me see all the official documents concerning the sale of this land. |
我向他作了详细说明, 好让他能找到那房子. | I gave him full directions to enable him to find the house. |
先让我烤烤火暖和一下,然后我们开始谈话。 | Just give me a minute to thaw out in front of the fire, then we can talk. |
整个作业的安全让一个粗心大意的人给破坏了. | The security of the whole operation has been jeopardized by one careless person. |
他打算把财产转让给儿子。 | He intends to transfer the property to his son. |
阴沉的天气让我们都感到压抑。 | We were all depressed by the dismal weather. |
这种建筑风格让我感到很压抑。 | This kind of architectural style depresses me. |
驾驶教练让我在邮局停车。 | The driving instructor told me to pull up at the post office. |
我们只能做些较小的让步,但这就可能打破僵局。 | We can only make minor concessions, but it might break the deadlock. |
这个政治家发现饥饿的孩子们可怜的哭声让人不忍心听下去。 | The politician found the piteous cries of the starving children unbearable. |
他让电锯锯掉了一只胳膊。 | He had his arm lopped off by an electric saw. |
劳驾,能让我过去吗? | Excuse me, can I get past, please? |
你认为总统会对恐怖分子的要求让步吗? | Do you think the President will give in to the terrorists' demand? |
你在发动引擎时,一定要让汽车处于空档。 | When you start the engine, be sure the car is in neutral. |
刘师傅把每道工序做给我们看,然后让我们自己干。 | Master Liu demonstrated to us each process, and let us do it ourselves. |
让我为你的健康干杯。 | Let me drink to your health. |
你用不着让自己这么不安的。 | There's no need to upset yourself. |
公共汽车停下来让一些旅客下车。 | The bus stopped to put down some passengers. |
让我猜一猜。 | Let me guess. |
真让我失望。 | I'm very disappointed. |
我们让太阳晒熟了. | We are baking in the sun. |
我实在讨厌让我等着。 | I really hate being kept waiting. |
大家都想让他当领袖. | The people want him as their leader. |
请让我们向你表示祝贺. | May we proffer you our congratulations? |
她不耐烦地挥手让他们走开. | She waved them away impatiently. |
外面的高温真让人难以忍受。 | The heat outside is unbearable. |
让我们深入考虑一下这件事。 | Let's pore deeply on the matter. |
他发脾气时让人无法忍受。 | He is unbearable when he's in a bad temper. |
请让我趁此机会讲几句话. | Let me take this opportunity to say a few words. |
你的拒绝让我感到十分为难。 | Your refusal puts me in an awkward predicament. |
让我们互相支持,互相鼓励。 | Let's give mutual support and inspiration to each other. |
老师让那个学生用这个字造句。 | The pupil was told to make a sentence with this word. |
让我们继续讨论议程上的下一个项目。 | Let us go on to the next item on the agenda. |
让我坐下歇一会儿,我刚得到一些坏消息。 | May I sit down a minute? I've just had some bad news. |
好看的身材或面貌上让人愉快的,端庄的 | Pleasing and dignified in form or appearance. |
警察让我描述一下这事是怎样发生的。 | The police asked me to describe exactly how it happened. |
最后,我终于成功地让我的车子慢慢移动。 | At last I succeeded in getting my car moving slowly. |
相声这种艺术形式让老百姓喜闻乐见。 | Cross talks are an art form people love to see and hear. |
爱你的敌人吧,因为他们让你知道自己的缺点。 | Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults. |
一般而论这家新闻社的工作是让人感激的。 | By and large the work of the news agency is appreciative. |
我上司让我给这位新网球冠军写篇小传。 | My boss asked me to write a profile for the new tennis champion. |
在赛跑时让年龄小的男生提早了10秒钟起跑. | The smaller boys were given a start of 10 seconds in the race. |
我用毯子把病人的腿包了起来,让他暖和一点儿。 | I wrapped the rug around the sick man's legs to keep him warm. |
我想拦住他, 不让他进门, 可是他硬闯进来了. | I tried to stop him coming through the door but he just barged (his way) in. |
我正在成人学校补习法语,到时好让他们大吃一惊。 | I'm brushing up on my French at adult school just to surprise them. |
旅馆工作人员对我们照顾得无微不至,尽量让我们住得舒适, | The hotel staff spared no pains to ensure that our stay was as enjoyable as possible. |
他那么聪明,让我自愧不如。 | He's so clever, he makes me feel inferior. |
狗守卫着房屋,不让陌生人进去。 | The dog guarded the house against strangers. |
那个计划取消了,这让我们非常惊讶。 | It dismayed us that the project had been canceled. |
让汤姆保持安静。 | Ask him to keep quiet. |
她的懒惰让我气愤。 | Her laziness maddens me. |
他的粗鲁让我生气。 | His rudeness made me really angry. |
他对这个事件毫不知情,真让人感到诧异。 | It was amazing that he knew nothing about the event. |
他一走了之,而让他的母亲为他的赌债发愁。 | He took a powder and left his mother to worry about his gambling debts. |
新经理的工作是让这家公司能恢复盈利状况。 | The new manager's job is to restore the company to profitability. |
往後站, 让队伍通过. | Stand back to allow the procession to pass. |
我 水时脚趾让螃蟹给夹了. | A crab nipped my toe while I was paddling. |
把这种软膏搽在皮肤上,让它渗进去。 | Rub the cream on your skin and let it sink in. |
孩子们让小丑的滑稽动作逗得哈哈大笑. | The children laughed with glee at the clown's antics. |
让我把一切都得解释得那麽详细, 可真烦人. | It wearies me to have to explain everything in such detail. |
上面(负责人)又送来一个表格让我们填写. | They've (ie The people in authority have) sent us another form to fill in. |
让我们自己享受承认人类的弱点的快乐是一大慰藉。 | It is a great relief to allow us ourselves the luxury of acknowledging our human frailties. |
喂,把桥牌轰出去吧;让咱们找个更愉快的方式一同难受好了。 | I say banishing bridge; let's find some pleasant way of being miserable together. |
向你表达良好的祝愿。他让我一定转告你,他得知你的病情;好转后十分高兴。 | Frank sends his best wishes, and he says to be sure and tell you how delighted he is to hear about your fine progress. |
您能不能给我们建议一个好办法,让我们请大家送钱给我们,然后让我们在回到大陆时再购买礼物? | Can you suggest a good way for us to ask people to send us the money, and let us buy the gift when we get to the mainland? |
你一点也没让我为难. | You didn't embarrass me in the slightest. |
我突然想到一个办法可以让我们改进这种局面. | It suddenly struck me how we could improve the situation. |
可别让他谈起政治来, 要不然他一谈就得一个晚上. | Don't set him off talking politics or he'll go on all evening. |
让我们来赞扬上帝吧。 | Let us give praise to God. |
我只得把他让进客厅。 | I felt obliged to invite him into the parlor. |
让我替你拿外衣和帽子吧. | Let me relieve you of your coat and hat. |
他们把领土割让给邻国。 | They ceded territory to a neighboring state. |
警察让他出示身份证。 | The police asked him to show his identity card. |
他打开了门,招手让我进去。 | He opened the door and motioned me to come in. |
那位海军军官让他离开基地。 | The naval officer asked him to stay away from the base. |
他闪到一旁让那些等候的人过去。 | He turned aside and let those who were waiting pass by. |
父亲答应让他的儿子单独出国旅行。 | The father allowed (=permitted) his son to travel abroad alone. |
人群向后退开,让救护车可以开过去。 | The crowd bore back so that the ambulance could pass. |
不能让你着凉。快去把湿衣服换掉。 | I can't have you catching cold. Run and change your wet things. |
这个会我来不了, 我让助手代我出席. | I can't attend the meeting but I'll send my assistant in my stead. |
让我们讨论一些咱们可以自由谈论的事吧。 | Let us discuss such things as we can talk it freely. |
她很会让那些给她出难题的人自讨没趣。 | She know how to score off people who ask difficult question. |
那司机等候绿灯放行,让发动机空转著。 | The driver waited for the green light, his engine racing. |
那些小男孩儿巴不得让那欺负人的坏蛋也尝点苦头. | The smaller boys badly wanted to give the bully a dose of his own medicine. |
这部影片分散了我的注意力, 让我暂时忘记了这些难题. | The film managed to distract me from these problems for a while. |
他们利用他怕失掉工作的心理, 让他做他们想做的事. | They played on his fears of losing his job to get him to do what they wanted. |
本周这里格外地充满了让人高兴快乐而无害的声音。 | The place was particularly full of noises this week that gives delight and hurt not. |
目前我不能出让那所房子, 此刻房价正在急剧上涨. | I'd hold on to that house for the time being; house prices are rising sharply at the moment. |
开汽车的人让两个小学生上车,把他们一直带到了县城。 | The motorist picked up a couple of pupils and took them as far as the county town. |
他的举止起初让人很不愉快, 但是经过进一步接触他改了许多. | His manner seemed unpleasant at first, but he improved on further acquaintance. |
让我们言归正传。 | Let's get to the point. |
让你的肌肉慢慢放松. | Let your muscles relax slowly. |
她的衣服让钉子给钩住了。 | Her dress caught on a nail. |
他双脚散发的气味让人恶心. | His feet smelt revolting. |
他倾向于放手让他们干。 | He was inclined to give them a free hand. |
她让我吃些药片以利睡眠. | She prescribed some pills to help me to sleep. |
把嘴张大,让我看一下你的喉咙。 | Open your mouth wide so that I can look at your throat. |
让咱们用响亮的音乐使聚会欢快起来。 | Let's brighten up the party with some loud music. |
我祖母不惜花费地让她儿子念完了大学。 | My grandmother at all price strove to get her son through college. |
我会让你分享我所搜集的仅有的一些资料。 | I'll let you share what little information I have collected. |
当局对绑架者的要求丝毫没有让步的迹象. | The authorities showed no signs of giving in to the kidnapper's demands. |
让我们永远怀念为世界和平献身的勇士们。 | Let us remember the brave who died for the peace of the world. |
市政当局要拆毁这些建筑物以让出地方修筑新公路。 | The city will tear down these buildings to make room for the new highway. |
一个外国人走近柜台,要求拿些明信片出来让我看看。 | A foreigner came up to the counter and asked to be shown some postcards. |
我想看见他受辱,他使别人吃苦,也让他吃同样的苦。 | I like to see him in the dust, suffering as much as he had made others suffer. |
你千万别穿戴成那样子出去. 那会让你祖母躺在坟里也不得安生. | You can't go out dressed like that. It's enough to make your grandmother turn in her grave! |
他在金鱼缸周围贴上了彩色风景明信片,好让金鱼们以为在游历四方。 | He pasted picture postcard around goldfish bowl to make the goldfish think they were going place. |
如果我们不让空气进入铃罩,铃罩中的电铃一定会因缺少介质而不响了。 | If air weren't admitted into the bell jar, the electric bell in the bell jar would not ring because of a lack of a medium. |
那个驾驶员设法让滑翔机着陆到一个安全的地方。 | The pilot managed to land the glider on a safe place. |
杰克试图警告她,可是风怒浪吼,他无法让她听见她说的话。 | Jack tried to warn her but couldn't make his voice heard above the roar of wind and water. |
祝福夫君生日快乐,你给流逝的岁月增添了醉人的情意,你让平凡的事情发出耀眼的光芒,感谢你已成为我生命中特别重要的一部分。 | Happy birthday to my dear husband. You add a special happiness to days that come and go. You give an extra sparkle to the ordinary things. It's so nice to have you being a special part of my life. |
如果请费尔南德斯走路,教育局可以付钱马上终止合约,或是让他做满任期。费尔南德斯按规定可以在十九万五的年薪之外,还可以领未用病假和其他福利折合现金四十万元。 | If Fernandez is shown the door, the board could either buy out his contract immediately or allow him to serve out his term. Fernandez is set to collect$400, 000 in past sick pay and other benefits on top of his$195, 000 salary. |
你真让我恶心! | You make me sick! |
您想让我现在开饭吗? | Do you wish me to serve dinner now? |
这种借口(让我)实在无法相信. | That excuse simply won't wash (with me). |
别让那些大孩子欺负你, 要保护你自己! | Don't allow those big boys to bully you; stick up for yourself! |
假如再让我逮著你偷东西, 看我怎麽揍你! | If I catch you stealing again, I'll beat the daylights out of you! |
她扮作受了冤枉的情人, 好让他感到内疚. | She acted out the role of wronged lover to make him feel guilty. |
这位导演想让迈克尔·凯恩主演他的新片子. | The director wanted to star Michael Caine in his new film. |
我们每人凑2英镑, 让约翰去给大家买吃的. | We each put 2 in the kitty, and then sent John to buy food for everybody. |
我们必须让警察人数达到(全部)编制所需的数量. | We must bring the police force up to (full) strength. |
让联赛中最差劲的队打败了? 这是永远也忘不了的事! | Beaten by the worst team in the league? They'll never live it down! |
他说他的工会——运输工会504分会——历年来在合约上做了“极大的让步”以协助泛美[航空公司]纾解财务困难。“结果全然没用,”他哀伤地说。 | He said his union, Local504 of the Transport Workers Union, made"massive contract givebacks" over the years to help Pan Am with its financial troubles."It was all to no avail, " he lamented. |
他让他的马退出了比赛。 | He withdrew his horse from the race. |
为了和平我们做出了让步. | We made concessions for the sake of peace. |
操练了好半天之后,他让这个班解散了。 | After a long drill he told the squad to fall out. |
那位年轻的老师很难让孩子们听话。 | The young teacher had difficulty in holding the children under her girdle. |
谈到批改我们的作业,老师总是让我们自己改。 | As to correct our homework, the teacher always make us do it ourselves. |
让我们免除礼节。 | Let us avoid the etiquette. |
要把球接住, 不要让它落地. | Try to catch the ball before it lands. |
他们让犯人与原告对质。 | They confronted the prisoner with his accusers. |
我的房东让我月底搬走. | My landlord is turning me out at the end of the month. |
那声音大得让邻居讨厌。 | The noise was so loud that it was a nuisance to the neighbors. |
让我把我的零碎东西收拾起来。 | Let me get my bits and pieces together. |
这个故事让我想起了我的童年。 | This story reminds me of my childhood. |
她已签字把房子转让给女儿了. | She has signed her house over to her daughter. |
曾经认识,他的面容让人永生难忘 | Once known, his face is never forgotten. |
资方在与工人谈判中作出了让步. | Employers made concessions to the workers in negotiations. |
我叔叔给了我一些钱让我开始经商。 | My uncle gave me some money to start me out in trade. |
我刚站起身,他就挥手让我坐着。 | I had no sooner stood up than he waved me to remain sitting. |
他固执己见,什么也不能让他改变。 | He is wedded to his own opinion and nothing can change him. |
公社的一部分土地转让给了那家工厂。 | Some of the commune's land was made over to that factory. |
她追问那小孩让其说出把包放到了何处。 | She pumped out of the little boy where he had put the bag. |
那小说作者在书的结尾让他的女主人公自杀了. | The novelist makes his heroine commit suicide at the end of the book. |
演出中有一次中场休息,让听众们稍事休息。 | There is a break during the performance for the audience to take a rest. |
他摆出一幅笑脸,不过这似乎让他使尽了全身的气力。 | He summoned up a smile, though it seemed to take all his strength. |
情况很可怕,可是还一个劲儿地议论让人觉得更可怕。 | The situation is frightful, but it's just piling on the agony to keep discussing it. |
他渴望当演员, 你就得容他时间让他施展自己的抱负. | He desperately wants to be an actor, so you'll have to give him time to get it out of his system. |
让我们更紧密地团结在党中央的周围,去争取更大的胜利。 | Let us rally closer round the Party Central Committee to win still greater victories. |
尽管几位名角演出都很出色,却未曾想竟让一名新秀抢尽风头。 | Despite fine acting by several well-known stars it was a young newcomer who stole the show. |
让她走,别阻拦她。 | Let her go. Don't stop her. |
不要让机遇从我们身边溜走。 | Don't let chances pass by. |
我们的新汽车很让人伤脑筋. | We're having trouble with our new car. |
坐过去点,让你外婆坐下来。 | Move over and let your grandmother sit down. |
农夫决定让土地休耕一年。 | The farmer decided to leave the land fallow for a year. |
老板同意向罢工者做出让步。 | The boss agreed to meet the strikers half way. |
他下决心不让任何事情阻挡他。 | He resolved that nothing should hold him back. |
有两个商人让恐怖分子绑架了. | Two businessmen have been kidnapped by terrorists. |
那孩子让狂风暴雨吓得要命. | The child was frightened to death by the violent thunderstorm. |
将财产转让他人,通常指土地的转让。 | The transfer of property usually land to someone else. |
这个协议是双方妥协的产物而不是一方让步. | The agreement is a compromise, not a sell-out. |
有些人一直密谋想让老板把秘书解雇。 | Some of the members had been intriguing to get the secretary dismissed. |
若要争执获得解决, 双方就要互相让步. | If the dispute is to be resolved there must be some give and take. |
出示确凿的证据之后,对方不得不作出让步。 | After being shown conclusive evidence, the other side had to back down. |
政府停发研究经费让他们的计画半途而废. | The government put the skids under the plan by stopping their research grant. |
让我们达成切实可行的协议以尽快开始工作. | Let's have a clear no-nonsense agreement to start work as soon as possible. |
让死者有那不朽的名,但让生者有那不朽的爱。 | Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love. |
我估计我的申请书不知道让哪个无能的官僚给弄丢了. | I suppose my application has been lost by some incompetent bureaucrat. |
把粉末洒在土里,让牛走过时把它们都踩进地里去。 | Spread the powder over the earth and let the cattle trample it in as they walk over it. |
我可以把它裁得低一点,这样让您穿着这件外套显得更丰满一点。 | I can cut it lower and in that way give you a little more fullness in the blouse. |
假如施予比接受更受到祝福的话,我们大多数都情愿让其他的人得到更大的祝福。 | If it is more blessed to give than to receive, then most of us are content to let the other fellow have the greater blessing. |
神判法让被控诉的人接受痛苦或危险的考验的一种审判方法,结果被视为神对其是否有罪或清白的审定 | A method of trial in which the accused was subjected to physically painful or dangerous tests, the result being regarded as a divine judgment of guilt or innocence. |
人家让我挪动了车子。 | I was made to move my car. |
政府并未向舆论让步. | The government has not yielded to public opinion. |
她的诚挚让我深受感动。 | I was deeply moved by her earnestness. |
我们让他们在花园里劈木柴. | We set them to chop wood/set them to work chopping wood in the garden. |
成功的滋味能让人对之形成习惯 | The taste of success may become habit-forming. |
他让我尝到了他敏锐尖刻之机智的滋味。 | He gave me a taste of his acid wit. |
公共汽车向路边靠,让小轿车超过去。 | The bus pulled in to let the cars pass. |
如果让他谈谈艺术,他就茫然不知了。 | If you get him talking on art, he soon gets out of his depth. |
把酒搁在架子上放一个星期好让它澄清。 | Leave the wine on a shelf for a week to settle it. |
公共汽车往路边靠让小轿车超过去。 | The bus pulled into the side of the road to let the cars pass. |
让我们来检查一下浆果,把梗和叶子拣掉。 | Let's pick the berries over for stems and leaves. |
哪个小淘气干的聪明事, 让水龙头开了一夜. | Some bright spark has left the tap running all night. |
他们哄骗我,让我产生了一种虚假的安全感。 | They lulled me into a false sense of security. |
为了把烦恼忘却,他让自己忙于花园的工作。 | To forget his trouble, he busied himself in his garden . |
我不愿让他参加俱乐部,因为他有点捣蛋的味道。 | I couldn't care for him to join the club, because he is sort of mischievous. |
目的是要让它在不断增长的瑞典威力中起主要作用。 | She was intended to play a leading role in the growing might of Sweden. |
在未来岁月里,让我们在记忆的长虹里永远珍藏对他的怀念。 | Now we can bask in the rainbow of the memories that we'll nurture in the years ahead. |
我想我们今天的讨论大家都谈得差不多了。让我的秘书来送诸位出去吧。 | I think that just about concludes our discussion. Let my secretary show you out. |
那里的农民过去总是让羊吃掉田里的油菜,这样好把它们养壮了送进屠宰场。 | Farmers there used to eat off the coleseed with sheep so as to make them fit for the butcher. |
空头支票代表虚构的金融交易的可转让票据,暂时用于维持信贷或筹集钱款 | A piece of negotiable paper representing a fictitious financial transaction and used temporarily to sustain credit or raise money. |
我并非真的想同我儿子打一场艰苦的网球赛,因此就敷衍了一下,让他赢了前两局。 | I didn't really want to play a hard game of tennis with my son, so I went through the motions and let him win the first two sets. |
新上任的警察局长很快就让人感觉到他不是平庸之辈。他的主张一付诸实施镇里犯罪情况就少多了。 | The new chief police officer quickly made his presence felt, and there was much less crime in the town after his ideas were put into practice. |
如果这种婚姻出自一个女人的自愿选择,甚至是不顾亲友的劝告而选择的,那么就让她自己去品尝这枚果实的滋味吧。 | But this never fails, if the bad husbands were of their own choosing, against their friends consent; for then they will be sure to make good their own folly. |
让碟子控乾. | Leave the dishes to drain. |
你是想让我难堪吗? | Are you trying to embarrass me? |
双方能互让和解吗? | Can the two sides reach a compromise? |
把咖啡搅一搅好让渣滓沉淀. | Stir the coffee to settle the grounds. |
让我们举杯向新娘和新郎祝贺! | Let's drink (a toast) to the bride and bridegroom! |
他伸手捂住她的嘴, 不让她叫喊. | He put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming. |
这种可耻的伎俩都是为了能让他当选. | These shameful manoeuvreswere aimed at securing his election. |
别让她在你们之间挑拨--她就是太忌妒了。 | Don't let her make mischief between you she's only jealous. |
我们双方都作些让步以弥合价格差距怎么样? | How about meeting each other halfway to fill the price gap? |
别再让我们蒙在鼓里了, 结局究竟怎麽样? | Don't keep us in suspense any longer -- what happens at the end of the story? |
他想让我接受贿赂--我但愿我决不至於做出这种低级的事. | He tried to make me accept a bribe I hope I would never stoop so low. |
别让托尼盛气凌人地对待你,你为何不更多地显示威力呢? | Don't let Tony walk all over you like that; why don't you assert yourself more? |
让每一个渴望名声的人捡他自己(喜欢)的式样的内裤去吧。 | Let every man who pants for fame select his own style of pants and go ahead. |
我们那条母狗应能生一窝很好的小狗. 我们让约翰的狗给她配了种. | Our bitch should produce a fine litter. We mated her with John's dog. |
还是老生常谈的事: 谁都想让房子整洁, 可谁也不愿意亲自整理. | It's the same old story: everybody wants the house tidy, but nobody wants to tidy it himself. |
踢进了那个球着实让他高兴,你看他的教练伸头大拇指在鼓励他呢! | He's absolutely delighted to have scored that goal! See his coach give him the thumbs up! |
`感谢你让我们观赏你所收藏的画.'`同欢共赏, 不胜荣幸.' | `Thank you for showing us your collection of paintings.' `It's my privilege (ie I am honoured to do so).' |
还从没有一个出版商主动来与我接洽,这种屈尊有点让我受宠若惊。 | I had never been spontaneously approached by a publisher and such condescension rather turned my head. |
于是,村办学校继续办下去,至少暂时能这样,让我们为现在的职员高呼万岁! | So the village school stays open, for the time being at least, and long live our present incumbent. |
我已决心应该让我的孩子们在他们的父亲的宗教里抚养成人,倘使他们能够了解何谓“宗教”的话。 | I am determined my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it be. |
孩子问老师leather(皮革)是什么,老师说是:hide(皮),他问老师为什么让他hide(藏起来)。这个故事是用文字来开玩笑。 | The boy asked his teacher what leather was and she said"Hide." He asked why she told him go hide. This story plays on words. |
|