Gb | Eng |
---|
有了它真是方便。 | It really comes in handy. |
我真是累极了,简直可以睡上一整天。 | I'm so tired I could sleep for a whole day. |
你有这样一位通情达理的父亲,真是幸运。 | You are fortunate to have such a reasonable father. |
真是倒霉的日子。 | It's just been one of those days. |
我们明天必须离开,真是遗憾。 | It is a pity that we shall have to leave tomorrow. |
我真是非常抱歉了。 | I can't tell you how sorry I am. |
那个晚会真是激动人心。 | That party is only too exciting. |
你能解答那个问题真是聪明。 | It was clever of you to solve the problem. |
你来之前先通知我,真是考虑得很周到。 | It was thoughtful of you to warn me of your arrival. |
我得有经验才能找到工作, 可是没有工作我就无法获得经验--这真是个恶性循环. | I need experience to get a job but without a job I can't get experience it's a vicious circle. |
他在敌人面前胆小如鼠,真是可鄙。 | His cowardice in face of the enemy was contemptible. |
这真是个意外的惊喜! | What an unexpected pleasure! |
昨晚我酒喝得太多真是自讨苦吃, 现在头疼得很厉害! | I'm paying the penalty for drinking too much last night; I've got a dreadful headache! |
你真是太好了。 | You're just wonderful. |
我的秘书真是个难能可贵的人。 | My secretary is an absolute gem. |
一晚放映三个同一主题的访问记实, 真是小题大做. | It was surely overkill to screen three interviews on the same subject in one evening. |
他要他们加班工作, 真是残酷。 | He was cruel to make them work overtime. |
他们恰在发洪水之前离开, 走得真是时候. | Their departure just before the floods was providential. |
我得说我对他真是敬佩--我从未想到他能参加甲队. | I must say I take my hat off to him I neverthought he would get into the first team. |
他从一幢十层楼房子的屋顶上摔下来,但仍然活著,真是奇迹。 | It is a wonder that he remains alive after dropping from the roof of a ten- storied building. |
这台洗衣机真是老古董了。 | This washing machine is really a veteran. |
那个木匠做的这个柜子很漂亮--他真是个能工巧匠. | The carpenter has made this cupboard beautifully he's a real artist. |
哦,你真是太好了! | Oh, you're just wonderful! |
她的姨妈埃菲真是个怪人. | Her Aunt Effie is certainly an original. |
我把那旧家具统统扔掉了,真是谢天谢地! | I've thrown out all the old furniture, and good riddance! |
真是的,这叫人非常不便。 | Well, this is most inconvenient. |
你对地位真是一点儿也不在乎。 | You don't really care a fig about status. |
听他那没完没了的连篇空话对我的耐心真是一大考验。 | Listening to his continuous stream of empty chatter really tested my patience. |
他们说那样的话真是可恶。 | It's wicked of them to say such things. |
这些男孩捉弄那位老人真是残忍。 | It is very cruel of these boys to make a fool of that old man. |
他真是愚蠢,竟会拒绝做那份名报的新闻记者。 | It is stupid of him to refuse a job as a reporter on that well known newspaper. |
部分因为物价高涨,部分因为时机不好,生活真是愈来愈难过了。 | What with the high prices, and what with the badness of the times, we find it hard to get along. |
他真是贪吃的大肚汉. | He's a real greedy guts. |
在这篇爱情背叛和复仇的故事中,表现了阴森可怖的想像力,真是刺激,棒极了。 | A darker imagination is at work in this story of betrayed love and revenge. Strong meat and very good. |
真是个愚蠢的白痴! | What a stupid idiot! |
我的生活真是狼狈! | My life's (in) a real mess! |
他这样说真是无耻! | It was brazen of him to say so! |
她带病努力工作, 真是难能可贵! | She works so hard in spite of her illness: she's a marvel! |
孩子们在沙滩上嬉戏真是乐得其所. | The children are really in their element playing on the beach. |
租金已到期, 你的支票来到真是喜从天降! | The rent was due, so your cheque came as an absolute godsend! |
我试图将账目核实一下,但变更或销掉账目实在太多,真是令人头痛。 | I tried to check the accounts but there are so many entries altered or crossed out that it makes one's mind boggle. |
迪克一开始舍不得花钱去看医生,如果,他的心脏病日趋严重。这真是贪小失大,得不偿失。 | Dick's heart trouble became worse because he wouldn't spend money to see a doctor at the beginning; he was indeed penny wise and pound foolish. |
"尽人皆知,苏联对古巴这时的发展感到不快,"这位[欧洲]外交官说。可是他又说,苏联允许国内及东欧有较多的自由,"若强行逼迫加勒比海的盟邦,那可真是矛盾。" | "It's no secret that the Soviets are not happy about the developments here in Cuba, " the [European] diplomat said. But he added that with the Soviets permitting more freedom at home and within Eastern Europe, "it would be a real contradiction to twist the arm of its Caribbean ally." |
|