Gb | Eng |
---|
部长就局势的最新发展作了另一番解释。 | The minister has put a different gloss on recent developments. |
我父母发现窗子被打破后,一定会有一番斥责。 | There is sure to be a fuss when my parents find the window is broken. |
我们初次见面时相互打量了一番. | We sized each other up at our first meeting. |
把全部家具都塞进那个小房间是很费了一番心思的。 | It took some ingenuity to squeeze all the furniture into the little room. |
我们的商行正处在十字路口,倘若此番交易不能成功,我们将会破产。 | Our business is at the crossing, if this deal does not succeed, we shall be bankrupt. |
她把旅行的事大大地渲染(夸张)了一番. | She gave a highly coloured (ie exaggerated) account of her travels. |
我们的商号正处在紧要关头: 倘若此番交易成功, 前途自无问题, 否则就要破产. | Our business is at the crossroads: if this deal succeeds, our future is assured; if not, we shall be bankrupt. |
我躺在床上回想王大爷给我讲的那番话。 | I lay in bed and recalled the things Uncle Wang had told me. |
敌人轮番轰炸, 他们仍英勇地抵抗. | They held out bravely against repeated enemy bombing. |
约翰逊上上下下打量了她一番,决定邀请她出去。 | Johnson looked her up and down and decided to ask her out. |
玛丽辛辛苦苦把约翰的房间打扫干净,不料她所得到的却是一番侮辱。 | Mary worked hard to clean up John's room, but all she got for her trouble was a kick in the teeth. |
就这样子,那争吵是一次漂亮的争吵;若要为它解释一番,就只会糟踢它罢了。 | The quarrel is a very pretty quarrel as it stands; we should only spoil it by trying to explain it. |
我三番五次地告诉过你, 不要做那种事. | I've told you again and again not to do that. |
我三番五次请她来,她都断然拒绝了。 | I asked her several times to come but she categorically refused. |
他在事业上经过一番周折,如今他又回到了最初工作的那家俱乐部。 | His career have come full circle to the club where it begin. |
然而,其他的同事们却听信了青年就业新闻发布官员的那一番明智的劝告。 | And the rest of the fellows fell for the Youth Employment Officer's words of wisdom. |
你想要些番茄汁吗? | Would you like some tomato juice? |
她争执一番後, 无可奈何地缴纳了罚金. | She paid the fine under protest. |
我上当了! 这些番茄一半是坏的! | I've been diddled! Half of these tomatoes are bad! |
去年秋天埃米莉姑妈做了12瓶番茄酱。 | Aunt Emily put up a dozen cans of tomato last fall. |
领导人互相寒暄一番, 然後开始谈判. | After an exchange of pleasantries, the leaders started their negotiations. |
|