Gb | Eng |
---|
你应该好好利用这个机会。 | You should take advantage of it. |
要是我再有一次机会就好了。 | If only I had another chance. |
我从不错过踢足球的机会。 | I never miss a chance of playing football. |
如果有机会,你应当到那里去。 | You should go there if occasion arises. |
他没有给我回答他问题的机会。 | He gave me no chance to reply to his question. |
如果有机会,我将去看那部电影。 | I will go to see the film if I get the opportunity. |
我们今后一星期没有见面的机会了。 | We have no chance to meet each other a week hence. |
我愿借此机会感谢每一位为这个项目辛勤工作的人。 | I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work on the project. |
请让我趁此机会讲几句话. | Let me take this opportunity to say a few words. |
如果失败,我还有另一个机会。 | I shall have another chance in the event of failure. |
我给他这一机会,他立刻抓住不放。 | When I gave him the chance, he grabbed it at once. |
错过这么好的一次机会他有点后悔。 | He repented in a measure of missing such a good chance. |
他不会放弃任何机会以获得一份好工作。 | He will in no wise give up any chances to get a better job. |
这个节目给普通观众提供了一个发表意见的机会. | This programme gives ordinary viewers a chance to make their voice(s) heard. |
我不相信能力均等,但我确实相信机会均等。 | I do not believe in equality of capacity, but I do believe in equality of opportunity. |
在你生日之际,向你致以亲切的祝贺。生日意味着一个新的开端,意味着重新把握生活的机会。 | Affectionate birthday greetings. Birthday means a new beginning and a new chance to take hold on life. |
所有参加辩论的人都有机会发言. | All the participants in the debate had an opportunity to speak. |
史密斯先生不想因坚持按市价购进而失去做买卖的机会。 | Mr Smith did not want to lose his market by sticking to having it at the market price. |
最后,我想借此机会请汤姆逊教授转达我们深厚的友谊,并表示对他的同胞良好的祝愿。 | Finally, we want to take this opportunity to beg him to convey our profound friendship and best regards to his people. |
那位百万富翁是从很少的钱开始的.但是在最充分利用机会方面表现出他的本领。 | That millionaire started with very little, but showed a skill in playing his cards right. |
课程除了一般介绍电脑知识外,还提供实际操作的机会。 | In addition to giving a general introduction to computer, the course also provides practical experience. |
这项活动尤其会使黑人妇女受益,对她们来说高等教育机会已被极大地限制 | The program will particularly benefit Black women, for whom higher education opportunities have been severely limited. |
老师们纷纷表示,非常珍惜这次宝贵的学习机会,将会把学到的知识教给自己的同事和学生,使更多的人掌握电脑的基本知识。 | The participants said they valued this special opportunity very much and would teach what they had learned to their colleagues and students to help more people master basic computer skills. |
对居住在加利福尼亚的爱好导致她放弃重返纽约的机会。 | Her affinity for living in California led her to reject a chance to return to New York. |
如若给以发展的机会,她是很可能会成为一个杰出的艺术家的。 | Given the opportunity she might well have become an outstanding artist. |
我利用在伯明翰的机会探望了我的姨母。 | I took the opportunity of visiting my aunt while I was in Birmingham. |
我希望男女机会平等(的思想)能形成风气. | I hope that (the idea of) equality of opportunity for men and women has come to/is here to stay. |
好,这是我们夺取敌人碉堡的好机会,千万不能错过。 | Now this is our big chance to take the enemy pillbox and we can't afford to miss out. |
她觉察到她的机会。 | She awoke to her opportunity. |
创造就业机会是政府必须做的事。 | Job creation has become an imperative for the government. |
照今天看来,我会说,当初太草率,如果再有机会,我一定不会那样做。 | From today's perspective I'd say I was too hasty and would love to have the chance to do it differently. |
资方准备谈判工资问题,并且充分利用谈判带给他们的机会,提出劳动生产率的问题。 | The employers were prepared to discuss wages, and they pressed home the advantage this gave them by raising the matter of productivity. |
他利用那机会表达了对主席积压已久的怨气. | He used the occasion to express all his old grievances against the chairman. |
该芭蕾舞蹈学校给有特殊天赋的儿童提供免费学习的机会. | The ballet school offers free places to children who are exceptionally talented. |
工资固定又无晋升机会遏制了雇员的积极性. | Fixed wages and lack of promotion act as a disincentive to employees. |
猜测萨达姆心里如何想法是毫无意义的。不论他是做给伊斯兰激进分子看,还是趁最后一个机会找布什麻烦,他与美国和全世界对抗,不久就成为克林顿先生的问题。 | It's pointless to try to read Saddam Hussein's mind. Whether he is playing to Islamic radicals or simply taking a final poke at George Bush, his confrontation with America and the world will soon be one more problem for Mr.Clinton. |
|