Gb | Eng |
---|
船搁浅了--这河口的水比我们想像的要浅. | The ship has touched bottom the estuary must be shallower than we thought. |
我只耽搁你几分钟。 | I'll only keep you a few minutes. |
兴建新剧院的计画因资金短缺只好搁置起来. | The plans for a new theatre have had to be shelved because of lack of money. |
我对耽搁时间很反感. | I hate delays/to be delayed/being delayed. |
把路上的耽搁算进去, 你要用半小时才能到车站. | It will take you half an hour to get to the station, allowing for traffic delays. |
决议被搁置。 | The decision was set aside. |
他预知自己的旅程会被恶劣天气耽搁。 | He foresaw that his journey would be delayed by bad weather. |
委员会的事务因程序上有困难而耽搁了. | The business of the committee was delayed by procedural difficulties. |
那船牢牢地搁浅在沙洲上. | The ship stuck fast on the bar. |
大雨耽搁了我们的行程。 | The heavy rain delayed our journey. |
这件要事不容耽搁,我们必须现在谈谈。 | This important matter brooks no delay. We must talk about it now. |
我们大家可以一起走--假定其他人不耽搁的话. | We can all leave together assuming (that) the others aren't late. |
我想把的房子扩建一下,但我的抵押已经全部用完,因此我不得不搁数年再说了。 | I would like to build an extension to my house, but I'm up to the hilt on my mortgage so I'll have to leave it a few years. |
该请愿书奉命暂搁一边,以后讨论。 | The petition was ordered to lie on the table. |
把酒搁在架子上放一个星期好让它澄清。 | Leave the wine on a shelf for a week to settle it. |
彼得将他的那部新小说搁置了一年,与此同时,他给杂志撰写一些稿件以便赚点钱用。 | Peter set his new novel aside for a year while he wrote some magazine articles to make a bit of money. |
|