Gb | Eng |
---|
新医院的全部设备需要一年才能装备好。 | The complete equipment of the new hospital will take a year. |
只有时间才能使人淡忘那些不快的记忆。 | Time alone will efface those unpleasant memories. |
他需要有高收入才能供养得起这样一个大家庭。 | He needs a high income to support such a large family. |
你必须先弄懂数学基础知识, 我们才能进一步学习. | You must understand the elements of mathematics before we can proceed further. |
税务法非常复杂,只有专家才能解释清楚。 | The tax laws are so complicated that only an expert can provide enlightenment. |
我该怎样才能报答你的好意呢? | How can I ever repay you for your kindness? |
我冤枉了她,怎样才能补救呢? | How can I repair the wrong I have done her? |
你需用泵著实抽吸几分钟, 才能把油箱灌满. | You will need to pump hard for several minutes to fill the tank. |
她不得不低下头才能穿过低矮的门口。 | She had to duck her head to get through the low doorway. |
她缺乏领导才能。 | She lacks leadership. |
那个人具备领导民众的才能。 | The man had the quality for leading the people. |
只有时间才能证明你是否正确。 | Only time will tell if you are right. |
他不仅以才能出名,而且是出名的好心。 | He is famous not only for his talent but (also) for his kindness. |
我得大嚷大叫别人才能听见,我为此十分不快。 | It irritated me to have to shout to be heard. |
消防队员需用呼吸器械才能进入燃烧著的房屋. | Firemen needed breathing apparatus to enter the burning house. |
如今必须有高度的竞争意识才能在体育运动中取胜. | You have to be highly competitive to do well in sport nowadays. |
我们必须通过智力测验才能被老板雇用。 | We must pass an intelligence test before being hired by the boss. |
把路上的耽搁算进去, 你要用半小时才能到车站. | It will take you half an hour to get to the station, allowing for traffic delays. |
我得有经验才能找到工作, 可是没有工作我就无法获得经验--这真是个恶性循环. | I need experience to get a job but without a job I can't get experience it's a vicious circle. |
汤姆必须迈大步才能跟上他的父亲。 | Tom has to take long steps to keep pace with his father. |
她需要把阿拉伯语学好才能到开罗工作. | She needs to perfect her Arabic before going to work in Cairo. |
我们做些什么才能减轻她的烦恼呢? | What can we do to lessen her vexation? |
企业家要具备什麽素质才能出人头地? | What qualities go to make a successful businessman? |
我得同委托人商量後才能接受你的建议. | I must consult my prinicipals before agreeing to your proposal. |
爱迪生具有善于挑选适当的人处理他的事务的才能。 | Edison has had the gift of picking the right men to handle his affairs. |
医生说:“和护士们一起喝茶休息是十分值得的。我们总是谈本行。实际上我们只有这个时候才能一起聊聊我们病人的情况。” | The doctor says,"a tea break with the nurses in immensely valuable. We always talk shop. It's the only real chance we get to chat about our patients." |
他显示出领导才能。 | He shows quality of leadership. |
你需用快刀才能把结切断. | You need a sharp knife to cut through the knot. |
这套装置必须经过试验之后才能投产。 | The system will have to be tested before it goes into production. |
这笔钱委托他人代管, 到他二十一岁才能使用. | The money is being held in trust for him until he is twenty-one. |
必须具备大专院校的学位才能从事这一级的工作. | A degree is prerequisite for employment at this level. |
人类通过自动化扩展了人类神经系统的功能思维和决断的才能。 | He extends his nervous system and his thinking and decision-making faculties through automation. |
现在只有出现奇迹她才能得救。 | Nothing but a miracle can save her now. |
山路要到春季末期才能通行. | The mountain roads are not passable until late spring. |
干旱地区需要灌溉才能使作物生长。 | Irrigation is needed to make crops grow in dry regions. |
也许要经过若干年这家新公司才能在市场上取得稳固的立足点。 | It may be many years before the new company can gain a secure foothold in the market. |
泰德又懒惰又固执,得再三教才能把功讲给灌进去。 | Ted was lazy and stubborn and his lessons had to be beaten into his head. |
总之,唯有当严刑峻罚加之于违法之徒时,才能维持社会安定。 | To sum up, only when strict punishment can be imposed on the lawless, can social stability be maintained. |
你有绘画的才能吗? | Have you got a talent for painting? |
我怎样才能把墙上的污垢去掉呢? | How can I get the dirt off the walls? |
这家公司一年以後才能赢利, 现在至少已不赔不赚了. | It will be a year before the firm makes a profit but at least it's breaking even. |
学生要先念一年预科, 然後才能开始攻读学位课程. | Students have to do a year's preparation before they start the degree course proper. |
每次使用时,必须先使其中某些部分(诸如地址等)完备起来或详加规定才能运行的一组指令。 | A set of instructions in which some parts such as addresses must be completed or specified in detail each time the set is used. |
R级,电影的限制级一种电影分级,允许一定年龄以下(通常为17岁)的人在家长或保护人陪同下才能观看 | A movie rating that allows admission only to persons of a certain age, usually17, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. |
矫作物非正常出现而是由外界因素或作用所产生的一种结构或物质,如经固定后,在显微镜下才能看到的标本中的一种活生命组织中不会出现的结构 | A structure or substance not normally present but produced by an external agent or action, such as a structure seen in a microscopic specimen after fixation that is not present in the living tissue. |
他天生有音乐才能。 | He is endowed with a gift in music by nature. |
要仔细听才能听懂老师讲的课。 | Listen carefully so as to follow the teacher. |
只有少吃多锻炼才能健美. | You'll never be in shape until you eat less and take more exercise. |
你需要消除偏见, 才能在这里获得成功. | In order to succeed here you will need to overcome your prejudices. |
这样,这架飞机才能升高,并在距山头四百英尺的高度飞越山顶。 | The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by400 feet. |
我们得简化手续才能将你的签证及时办妥. | We've had to cut a few corners to get your visa ready in time. |
在为生存在斗争场里,才能就是重拳,机智就是巧妙的步法。 | In the battle for existence, talent is the punch, and tact is the clever footwork. |
很少有老师能使学生对那些需要刻苦努力才能学好的枯燥学科感兴趣。 | Few teachers are able to interest their students in dull subjects that mean a lot of hard work. |
她要赢得这一分才能将比分扳平. | She needs to win this point to level the score. |
毛毛虫必须经过茧的阶段才能变成蝴蝶。 | A caterpillar must pass through the cocoon stage to become a butterfly. |
因为除去钢中的磷和硫需要一些特殊的条件,这些条件只有碱性法才能满足。 | Because the removal of phosphorus and sulfur require special condition that can be met only by the basic process. |
这位下级行政官员急不可待地想晋升,但他知道只有待某人死后或退休后才能步其后尘,谋取其职。 | The junior executive was impatient for promotion but knew that he would only get it by stepping into a dead man's shoes. |
我怎样才能补救我对她的冤枉? | How can I repair the wrong I have done her? |
我怎样才能使你相信我的诚意呢? | How can I persuade you of my sincerity! |
我们得等电源接通後才能搬进去. | We can't move in until the electricity has been laid on. |
怎样才能使你相信我是真心实意的呢? | How can I persuade you that I am sincere? |
我们怎样才能延长短促的人生? | How can we endeavor to prolong the brevity of human life? |
必须对实情胸有成竹才能理直气壮地(到处)指责(别人). | You must be certain of your facts before you start flinging accusations (around) (at people). |
"父母们所了不解的是,脂肪提供非常宝贵的热量,并且每个细胞都需要脂肪和胆固醇才能生长,"她说。"胆固醇的名声太坏,我们从来看不到它好的一面,但是它对孩童,尤其两岁以下的,极为重要。" | "What parents don't understand is that fat provides very valuable calories and that every cell needs fat and cholesterol to grow, " she said. "Cholesterol has gotten such bad press that we never see it in a good light, but it is essential for children, especially those under2." |
|