Gb | Eng |
---|
我女儿今天有点不舒服, 所以她没去上学. | My daughter's a bit poorly today, so she didn't go to school. |
今年我们不能出国,所以只能去上海度假了。 | We can't go abroad this year, so we'll have to content ourselves with a holiday in Shanghai. |
她是悄声说的,所以我没有听见。 | She said it in a whisper, so I didn't hear. |
那时我不在家,所以由我女儿招待客人。 | I went away so my daughter acted as hostess. |
我很忙,所以不得不中断每周的访问。 | I'm so busy that I have to discontinue weekly visits. |
他考试前没做任何准备,所以不及格。 | He didn't do any preparation for this exam, so he failed. |
这幅画被他看中了,所以他就把他买了下来。 | The painting took his fancy, so he bought it. |
因为现在是收获期,所以我们都非常忙。 | We are all very busy because it's the harvest time. |
我因有约在先,所以未能参加这个会。 | I was unable to attend the meeting because of a prior engagement. |
同样的问题人们向他问得太多了,所以他的答案也是千篇一律。 | He was asked the same question so many times that the answer became mechanical. |
哲瑞米是初出茅庐,所以我们并不指望他在这次比赛中表现得很好。 | Jeremy's just being blooded, so we don't expect him to be very good at the game. |
天在下雪,所以我无法外出。 | It was snowing, and so I could not go out. |
这根绳子不够结实,所以我们用金属线。 | The rope was not strong enough, so we used wire. |
她很独立,所以拒绝一切金钱上的资助。 | She is so independent that she refused all pecuniary aid. |
考期临近了, 所以学生们确实在刻苦钻研。 | Now that the exam is near, the students are really going at their studies. |
他总是用这样得方式说话,所以每个人都讨厌他。 | He always talks in such a way that everyone dislikes him. |
我原来一直盼望著能收到她送的礼物, 所以因得不到而失望. | I was expecting a present from her, so I was disappointed I didn't receive one. |
如您所知,由于本公司存货已不多,所以对此项货物的需求极为迫切。 | As you know, we have been in urgent need of these items as we have only a few in stock. |
我很匆忙, 所以随便地把衣服穿上了。 | I was in such a hurry that I put my clothes on anyhow. |
他料到自己的作品总归要受到批判,所以总是以攻为守。 | He's always expecting criticism of his work, so he's always on the offensive. |
那时,这老头儿只不过是个泥瓦工罢了。他之所以发迹,我认为靠的是精明的而不是业绩。 | In his time, the old gentleman was a working mason, and had risen form the ranks more, I think, by shrewdness than by merit. |
酗酒令人如此糊涂。而人本来就是糊涂,所以酗酒无非就等于是以罚款免人重罪罢了。 | Drinking make such fool of people, and people is such fool to begin with, that it's compound a felony. |
你祈求实现愿望时没闭上眼睛, 所以不算数! | You didn't shut your eyes before you made the wish, so it doesn't count! |
他的拒绝是那样委婉得体,所以我们并未感到不快。 | His refusal was worded in such a graceful way that we could not be offended. |
他没有钱, 所以, 他必定会出现的。 | He hasn't got any money, so he's bound to turn up sooner or later. |
我们喜欢的饭馆已客满, 所以我们只得到别处去. | Our favourite restaurant was full, so we had to go elsewhere. |
我们本周有紧急任务, 所以人人都该出把力. | We've an urgent job on this week, so it's (a case of) all hands to the pump. |
上次考试他给我指点错了,所以我没及格。 | He gave me a bum steer on the last exam that I failed. |
因为尺子被书盖住了,所以我没找到它。 | I could not find my ruler because it was covered up by the books. |
咖啡馆人手不够, 所以我们不得不排队等候。 | The cafeteria is short handed so we'll have to wait in line. |
这个地区很危险,所以你身上不要带太多现金。 | This is a dangerous area, so don't carry too much cash on you. |
我们自己无法做这项工作, 所以要承包出去. | We haven't the resources to do the work ourselves, so we'll put it out to contract. |
我并不了解讨论的情况,所以无法告诉你做了什么决定。 | I was not privy to the discussion, so I cannot tell you what was decided. |
他今早睡过了头,所以这会儿他千方百计要赶上那班火车。 | He overslept this morning, so now he is trying to rush for his train. |
教堂里太挤了,所以只好用电器设备向人转播礼拜仪式。 | The church was crowded, so electrical machinery was used to relay the service out to the people. |
当时我有些忘乎所以,疯狂地吻著他。 | I'm afraid I forgot myself and kissed him wildly. |
老师狠狠地瞪了我一眼,所以我怀疑我做错了什么事。 | The teacher threw a fierce look at me, so I wondered what I had done wrong. |
因为她的工作一向是她生命的支柱,所以退休后日子很不好过. | Because her job had been the pivot of her life, retirement was very difficult. |
数日之内我们将有三笔大额进款,所以我们最迟于下星期一以前定给贵方汇款。 | As we expect to receive three large sum within the next few day, we will send you some money by monday at the latest. |
那男孩是在城里长大的,所以觉得很难区别杨树和柳树。 | Bring up in town, the boy find it difficult to separate a poplar from a willow. |
米切尔博士病了, 所以我做代理(她的)工作. | Dr Mitchell's ill so I'm deputizing (for her). |
我因有约在先, 所以只好谢绝你的邀请. | I shall have to refuse your invitation because of a prior engagement. |
因为他懂得如何讨好老板,所以一再得到提拔。 | He was promoted again and again because he knew how the rub his boss the right way. |
人性就是这样,所以在场的每个人都感动得流下眼泪。 | Such is human nature that everybody present was moved to tears. |
向导们把我气死了,所以嘛,我今天杀掉了其中一个,还叫人给做成标本摆在我们的纪念品室。 | Guides have annoyed me so, that today I kill one and am had him stuffed for our trophy rooms. |
我受够了,所以辞职不干了。 | I've had enough, so I quit. |
他之所以成功是因为他工作勤奋。 | He achieved because he was a hard worker. |
我正巧路过,所以我想不妨进来坐几分钟。 | I was just passing, so I thought I'd blow in for a few minutes. |
为了预防回来以前天就黑了,所以他带着手电筒。 | He took a flashlight lest it should get dark before he returned. |
我学法语的时间还不长, 所以我只能凑合著说几句. | I haven't been learning French for long, so I can only manage (ie speak) a few words. |
我们的房子只住我们两人实在太大了,所以我们利用周末抽空外出看看是否有合适的套房,想买一套。 | Our house is too large for just the two of us and so we spent part of the weekend seeing over some flats with a view to buying one. |
这个盆子是镀金金属的,所以不太值钱。 | This basin is only plate so it's not very valuable. |
所以他们在执政的最后一年就彻底崩溃了。 | And they go to pieces completely in the last year. |
我已将情况告诉你,所以你必须酌情处理。 | I have told you the circumstances, so you must act accordingly. |
他在生活上过于奉行清教徒式的原则,所以不能领略跳舞的乐趣。 | He is too much of a puritan to enjoy dancing. |
所以真珠质的厚度就像脸上化妆品,不久就会磨薄了。 | As a result, nacre thickness is sometimes just a cosmetic layer that can wear thin over time. |
父亲不喜欢儿子在外夜宿不归,所以他斩钉截铁地禁止他再那样做。 | The father didn't like his son staying out at night, so he put his foot down and forbade him to do it again. |
他可不轻易夸奖人, 所以他要是说`好', 他一定认为真好. | He isn't one to ladle out praise, so when he says Good', he means it. |
好多男人之(所以有)惊人的自制力,是由于他有老婆这一事实之故。 | Many a man's wonderful self- control is due to the fact that he has a wife. |
过去的已经过去,且一去不返,而聪明人总是努力着眼于现在和将来的事情,所以对过去耿耿于怀着无非是在捉弄自己罢了。 | That which is past is gone, and irrevocable; and wise men have enough to do, with things present and to come; therefore they do but trifle with themselves, that labor in past matters. |
|