GbEng
他笑着告诉我这个消息。 He told me the news with a laugh.
他们之间的交易告吹了。 The transaction between them was dismissed.
你只要问他,他就会告诉你。 You have only to ask and he'll tell you.
把这些数字加起来,告诉我总数是多少。 Add this numbers together and give me the total.
旅行社的那位小姐告诉我下午一点开门. The lady at the tourist office told me it opened at 1 pm.
他警告我晚上不要到那去。 He warned me against going there at night.
学生们接受老师的劝告。 The students take the admonition from their teacher.
他带着心满意足的微笑告诉了我们。 He told us with a smile of contentment.
我清楚地告诉他,我拒绝了他的建议。 I made it clear to him that I rejected his proposal.
你的精彩报告引出了几个重要问题。 Your interesting report raises several important queries.
我觉得我没有勇气告诉他这个坏消息。 I don't think I have the courage to tell him the bad news.
该报告建议安全标准应该改进。 The report advances the suggestion that safety standards should be improved.
法庭上原告和被告双方都有各自的律师。 Each side of a case in court has its own counsel.
好的。请您告诉我贵姓及大名的头一个字母。 Ok may I have your last name and first initial, please?
他的秘密至死也不为人知,因为他从未告诉过别人。 His secret died with him, for he never told anyone.
他不听母亲的劝告,参加了那次聚会。 He disobeyed his mother and went to the party.
他还告诉我说你的辅导课和讨论课出勤率不高。 He also tells me that your attendance at his tutorial and seminar have been poor.
我认为直截了当地告诉他这个坏消息倒是友好的行为。 I think it would be a kindness to tell him the bad news straight away.
他告诉照相的人别再缠著他. He told the photographers to stop pestering him.
我希望我的告诫会促使她作出更大的努力。 I hoped my warning would stimulate her to greater efforts.
他不敢把令人不快的真情告诉他们。他是条哑吧狗。 He is afraid to tell them the unpalatable truths. He is a dumb dog.
闪光装置如广告宣传告示上的一种自动点燃或熄灭电灯的装置 A device that automatically switches an electric lamp off and on, as in a commercial display sign.
你能告诉我这些鞋子的零售价吗? Could you tell me the retail prices of these shoes?
请您告诉我怎样去联络律师? Could you please inform me how to go about contacting a lawyer?
你能告诉我去火车站最近的路吗? Can you tell me the nearest way to the railway station?
劳驾,您能告诉我在哪能买到邮票吗? Excuse me, can you tell where to get stamp?
"告诉我:在任何一项工作中,是师傅说了算,还是助手说了算!""那得看情况。" "Tell me this: In any job of work, should the master have the last word, or the assistant! " "That depends."
他向我告别。 He has taken leave of me.
他告诉我的消息是真实的。 The news he told me is truthful.
那条广告口号是双关语. The advertising slogan was a play on words.
当他平静下来时,我开始告诉他实情。 When he quieted down, I began to tell him the truth.
人家告诉我她很可爱,可是她根本不是那样。 People had told me she was very pleasant but she's nothing of the kind.
他们挥手告别. They waved farewell.
我恳求你告诉我。 I beseech you to tell me.
我告诉她无数次了. I've told her countless times.
请把这个消息转告她。 Please pass on the news to her.
我们考虑是否要告诉她。 We pondered whether to tell her.
不晓得该听谁的劝告。 I don't know which advise to follow.
有些广告毫无吸引力。 Some advertisements have no pull at all.
该报告毫无真实性。 There is not a vestige of truth in the report.
我和她商量过我的报告。 I consulted with her about my report.
我不好意思告诉她我不及格。 I was too ashamed to tell her that I had failed.
他用无线电报把消息告诉我。 He sent me the news by wireless telegraph.
法官劝告他改变生活方式。 The judge advised him to amend his way of living.
别把秘密告诉他,他的嘴不严。 Never tell him a secret; he's got a loose tongue.
修道院院长告诉他要遵守规定。 The abbot told him to obey the rules.
我们决定为我们的新产品做广告。 We decided to advertise our new product.
这家广播电台不播送任何广告。 This radio station does not carry any advertising.
我必须告诉你,他的耐心是有限的。 I must tell you that his patience has its limit.
他正在看一篇关于道路状况的报告。 He is reading a report of the state of the roads.
他刚发表了英国鸟类生活观察报告. He's just published his observations on British bird life.
他答应赶紧写好报告,今天就给我们送来。 He promised to hurry on with the report and send it to us today.
我警告你,如果你再这样干,我们就要处分你了。 I warn you if you do that again We'll punish you.
这个报告使整个方针发生了决定性的变化。 The report brought about a decisive change in the whole policy.
如果你感兴趣,你来后我把详细情况告诉你。 If you would be interested, I'll tell you all the details when you get here.
我有重要消息要告诉你--是好消息, 我得赶紧补充一句. I have important news for you good news, I hasten to add.
把这份报告中的有关事项提交委员会讨论。 The relative items in this report will be submitted to the committee for discussion.
餐厅的名字未必能告诉你很多它所供应的食物。 The name of a restaurant won't necessarily tell you much about the food it serves.
美国入侵这个国家一定是出于不可告人的政治目的。 America's invasion of the country must be done for unspeakable political purpose.
要使这份报告包括最新资料,我仅有几点事实需补充。 I have only a few additional facts to add to bring the report up to date.
他对被诬告愤愤不平。 He is indignant at the false accusation.
报告披露他曾坐过牢。 The report disclosed that he had served in prison.
医生告诉他每天饭前吃两片阿斯匹林。 The doctor told him to take two tablets of aspirin before every meal.
他要求他们把他著作的销售情况随时告诉他。 He ask them to keep him posted about the sale of his book.
政府的通告已视为迈向解决罢工问题的一步。 The government's announcement is seen as a move towards settling the strike.
机动车协会劝告开车的人暂时不要使用公路。 Motoring organization is urging driver not to travel by road if possible.
警察因麦克超速行驶而将他拦下,但警告了他一下就将他放了。 The police stopped Mike for speeding but let him off with a caution.
巧妙的广告诱使人花钱. Clever advertisements are just temptations to spend money.
医生的报告消除了他们的一切忧虑。 The doctor's report removed all their anxieties.
他的计划的要点在这个报告中酌此概括。 The salient point of his plan is summed up in this report.
她用力咽了一下唾液, 转身面对那个控告她的人. She swallowed hard, and turned to face her accuser.
法国和英国争夺北美洲的战争以英国的胜利而告终。 The contest between France and England for North America ended in victory for England.
我们向他们告别後就离开了. Bidding them adieu we departed.
你能告诉我是谁发明了电话? Can you tell me who invented the telephone?
这份报告我只来得及浏览了一遍. I've only had time to dip into the report.
警察告诫围观者, 不要靠近燃烧 的建筑物. Police warned bystanders to keep away from the blazing building.
广告称`聘请有积极性的年轻人任推销员'. The advertisementread Young self-starter wanted as salesperson'.
简介给予或接受简洁的预备性的指令、信息或忠告的行为或步骤 The act or procedure of giving or receiving concise preparatory instructions, information, or advice.
向你表达良好的祝愿。他让我一定转告你,他得知你的病情;好转后十分高兴。 Frank sends his best wishes, and he says to be sure and tell you how delighted he is to hear about your fine progress.
据说轮船严重受损,详情正在调查之中,但我方利益已完全保住,请电告伦敦公司。 Steamer report seriously damaged now ascertain particulars however our interest fully protected transmit to London
应参加诉讼的当事人的不参预应该被包括在内作为一宗诉论或诉案的一部分的一方。原告、被告或诉讼的案件不履行法律责任 Omission of a party, plaintiff, defendant, or cause of action that should have been included as a part of an action or a suit.
你还是告诉她吧, 因为她迟早会发觉的. You should tell her, because she'll find out sooner or later.
我太生气了, 我一定要当面告诉她我对她的看法。 I am so angry that I'll tell her to her face what I think of her.
不顾他们的警告 Neglected their warnings.
终于宣告和平。 Peace was declared at last.
她的劝告大有益处. Her advice was a great help.
他因粗心受到警告。 He was admonished for his carelessness.
声明一个语气强调的宣告 An emphatic declaration.
他的死讯已电告其家属。 News of his death was cabled to his family.
她不把我们的警告放在心上。 She paid no heed to our warnings.
他在布告板上贴了一张公告。 He posted a bulletin on the board.
布告贴得太高--谁也没法看. The notice is placed too high nobody can read it.
该项目因缺乏资金而告吹. The project foundered as a result of lack of finance.
政府发出了预防水灾的警告。 The government put out a warning against flood.
那位安慰者告诉他,他应该有耐心。 The comforter told him that he should be patient.
我忍不住常哼那支难听的果冻广告歌。 I can't stop humming that awful jelly jingle.
老乡们告诉我爸爸,他的处境很危险。 My father was warned by the villagers that he was in great danger.
计算机手册将告诉你如何连接打印机线 The computer manual will tell you how to attach a line printer.
你愿意告诉谁就告诉谁--对我来说都无所谓. Tell whoever you like it makes no difference to me.
她对我们的警告充耳不闻,结果迷失了方向。 She turn a deaf ear to our warning and get lose.
报告人把所要的传达的重点讲得非常透彻。 The speakers struck home the points he wanted to convey.
我并不了解讨论的情况,所以无法告诉你做了什么决定。 I was not privy to the discussion, so I cannot tell you what was decided.
在晚报的一则广告里,他促请大家注意他新进的货物。 In an advertisement in the evening paper, he calls public attention to his new stock of goods.
他把事故的经过告诉了她,但赶紧随即补充说没有人受伤。 He told her about the accident, but hastened to add that no one was hurt.
我无法引用确切的原文, 但是我可以告诉你作者所述的要点. I can't quote chapter and verse but I can give you the main points the author was making.
他的学术报告打算重点谈针刺麻醉在脑外科方面的应用。 His lecture is intended to bear down on the application of acupuncture anesthesia in brain surgery.
记住,你现在当家作主了,要大胆说话,有什么想法就告诉我们。 Remember you are one of the masters now, so speak up and tell us what you think.
在此期间,我们将保留上述箱子,听候你方处理。你方对此作何处理请告知为盼。 Meanwhile we are holding the above-mentioned case at your disposal, please let us know what you wish to do with it.
我正在要告辞了。 I am going to leave now.
被告还押候审一星期. The accused was remanded in custody for a week.
他因阻碍公路交通而受控告。 He was charged obstructing the highway.
他不顾同事的劝告辞了职. He went against the advice of his colleagues and resigned.
为了完成报告我打算熬夜不睡。 I am going to stay up late to finish my paper.
做广告的根本目的是要多出售货物. The primary reason for advertising is to sell more goods.
在圣诞节期间, 广告战已达到高潮. The advertising campaign reached a crescendo at Christmas.
他用长辈的口气劝告年轻的同事. He adopts an avuncular tone of voice when giving advice to junior colleagues.
那有一张王室的公告,宣告王子诞生了。 There is a royal proclamation of the birth of the prince.
你若不希望我们的代理人去造访,请告之。 Should you not wish our agent to call, please let us know.
那计划的构想倒是十分宏伟, 但终因准备不足而告吹. The plan, brilliant in its conception, failed because of inadequate preparation.
这个报告对在城市中部建厂的社会成本进行了审查。 The report examine the social cost of building the factory in the middle of the town.
我告诫自己要冷静下来。 I told myself to calm down.
她控告某报刊登诽谤性文字。 She sued a newspaper for libel.
大众媒介对广告来说很重要。 Mass media is very important for advertisements.
我可告诉你,在那个神圣的日子里不许打猎或搞娱乐活动消遣。 I charge you not to hunt or recreate your selves on that sacred day.
杰克试图警告她,可是风怒浪吼,他无法让她听见她说的话。 Jack tried to warn her but couldn't make his voice heard above the roar of wind and water.
我还没有告诉我的太太她买衣服花钱太多,她先下手为强反问我为什么花那么多钱去买新钓鱼竿。 Before I could tell my wife she had spent too much for the dress, she stole my thunder by asking why I spent so much for the new fishing rod.
你能告诉我你一个月赚多少吗? Can you tell me how much you earn a month?
布告牌上写著`勿踏草地'. The notice said Keep off (ie Do not walk on) the grass'.
她说时间不早了; 我心领神会, 於是告辞. She said it was getting late: I got the message, and left.
我正想把实况告诉他;但他打断了我的话。 I was trying to tell him what really happened, but he cut me short.
他告诉我说中央C音相当于每秒振动256次。 He told me that middle C is equivalent to 256 vibrations per second.
宣言,公告官方或权威性的宣布;公告或法令 An official or authoritarian declaration; a proclamation or an edict.
她的病情终于宣告有了好转—不久就恢复健康了。 At last she was pronounced upon the mend and then convalescent.
天主教徒透过告解以获得赦罪[净化灵魂]. Catholics go to confession to be purged of sin/purge (away) their sin/purge their souls of sin.
当她母亲回家来告诉她,她的狗已被车辗死时,这个可怜的小姑娘痛哭起来。 The poor little girl cried her heart out when her mother came home and told her that her dog had been run over.
商品促销商品销售的促销,如通过协调生产与销售以及做广告、办展览和制订销售战略 The promotion of merchandise sales, as by coordinating production and marketing and developing advertising, display, and sales strategies.
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week."
原告起诉了被告。 The accuser brought an accusation against the accused.
这位神父可听取用英语和法语的告解. The priest will hear confessions in English and French.
公告某人为小偷 Post a man as a thief.
她急于要告诉你这消息。 She is burning to tell you the news.
他遵照医生的劝告而行。 He acted on his doctor's advice.
他向老板提交了一份报告。 He submitted a report to his boss.
他们让犯人与原告对质。 They confronted the prisoner with his accusers.
这次海战以我们的胜利而告终。 The naval warfare ended in our victory.
我将打电话告诉你测验的结果。 I'll phone the result of the test to you.
情况不妙,请电告补救方案。 Matter turning worse advise what remedy.
记住你告诉我的话并不容易。 It is not easy to keep in mind what you have told me.
这项通告证明了我的猜疑属实. The announcement confirmed my suspicions.
请替我把这份报告写一份摘要。 Please write me a summary of this report.
我们的律师劝告不要起诉房东。 Our lawyer have advise against suing the landlord.
她已接获对她操行的书面警告. She has received a written warning about her conduct.
我向委员会报告了我们的进展情况. I updated the committee on our progress.
给她一次警告就足以制止她做那件事了. One warning sufficed to stop her doing it.
你仔细考虑过之后,请用传真相告。 After you think it over, please let me know by fax.
她在报告中探讨了帝国主义的本性。 In her talk she went into the nature of imperialism.
广告多通过启发人的联想力而发挥作用. Most advertisements work through suggestion.
每年都要花费大量金钱在广告上。 A large amount of money is spent on advertisements every year.
如果其他手段均告失败,我们将诉之武力。 If other means fail we shall resort to force.
那个士兵告诉我们哪儿是步枪的击发装置。 The soldier told us where the firing mechanism of a rifle is.
别担心,已经有人告诉了我他们所有的鬼把戏。 Don't worry. I've been put up to all their tricks.
果断些,确切地告诉他们你认为应该怎么做。 Be decisive, tell them exactly what you think should be done.
一位工程师作了一次关于这个奇妙装置的报告。 A talk was given by an engineer of this wonderful device.
我警告过你不要同已婚女子胡来,那样总是会惹麻烦的。 I have warned you not to meddle with married women, it always leads to trouble.
我告诉孩子们必须遵守家规,要不他们就会失去目前享有的某些自由。 I've told my children they must toe the line with regard to house rules or lose some of the freedom they presently enjoy.
儿子,别担心,作不出来就算了。告诉你老师,别忘了诗人是天生的,不是教出来的。 Stop worrying if you can't do it, son, and tell your teacher to remember that poets are born, not made.
被告说他受人陷害了. The accused man said he had been framed.
那个战士自告奋勇去站岗。 The soldier volunteered for guard duty.
被告中有数人被判定有罪。 Several of the accused were found guilty.
我三番五次地告诉过你, 不要做那种事. I've told you again and again not to do that.
有人告诉我说,西班牙是个浪漫的国家。 I was told that Spain is a romantic nation.
陪审团做出被告无罪的裁决. The jury returned a verdict of (ie reached a decision that the accused was) not guilty.
有些报纸刊登出生, 婚姻, 死亡的通告. Announcements of births, marriages and deaths appear in some newspapers.
我的朋友告诉我她住的地方文化生活贫乏。 My friend told me that the place she live is a cultural wasteland.
你竟当着别人面前告诉他,实在很不机智。 It wasn't very tactful of you to tell him in front of others.
我们雇用了一家广告公司来推销我们的产品。 We hired an advertising company for help to sell our product.
她应该在附近贴几张寻找狗狗的悬赏公告。 She should post rewards around the neighborhood for finding it.
我已写信订购我在报纸广告上看到的那种灯泡. I've sent off for those bulbs I saw advertised in the paper.
官方尚未就总统的健康状况发表公告. There has been no official pronouncement yet on the state of the president's health.
感谢盛情款待,已安全到达并转告关心此事的朋友。 Thanks for hospitality arrival safely inform friend regard.
在英国法中在证明他有罪前被告是被假定无罪的。 In English law, the accused is presumed to be innocent until he is proved to be guilty.
英国司法运作的前提是被告在被证明有罪之前是清白的。 British justice works on the premise that an accused person is innocent until he's proved guilty.
最后乐章的高潮慢慢发展到了顶点。以重复主旋律而告终。 The crescendo in the last movement leads up to a grand climax and a repeat of the main theme.
控诉,申诉指控或控告的一部分,针对被控方起着极重要的作用 The part of a charge or an accusation that weighs most substantially against the accused.
然而,其他的同事们却听信了青年就业新闻发布官员的那一番明智的劝告。 And the rest of the fellows fell for the Youth Employment Officer's words of wisdom.
我曾经警告过他不要调换工作,可如今他被迫在一家亏损公司工作。他这是自作自受。 I warned him not to change his job but now he is forced to work for a company that is losing money. He has made his own bed and now he must lie in it.
曾有两位年轻人非法侵入了大学网络,创建了一个公告牌,并在上面装入了流行的商业软件,还邀请因特网上的用户下载这些软件包。 Once two lads broke into the university network, created a bulletin board, loaded popular commercial software on it and invited users across Internet to download the packages.
被告被控偷窃。 The defendant is accused of theft.
宣告贩卖军火是非法的 Outlawed the sale of firearms.
国王签署了逊位的文告. The king signed the instrument of abdication.
我必须告诫你应谨防危险。 I must caution you against the danger.
他被控告挪用俱乐部基金. He was accused of appropriating club funds.
登一则招聘广告,也许有用。 Insert a want ad, and it may help.
对他贪污的控告已经提出. Accusations of corruption have been made/brought/laid against him.
我已多次告诫过你不要做那件事. I've warned you over and over (again) not to do that.
我去睡觉,茶沏好后告诉我一声。 I'm going to sleep, tip me the wink when tea's ready.
他非但不接受我的劝告,反而背叛了我。 Far from accepting my advice, he went back on me.
领队告诫我们在大赛之前不要太激动. The manager warned us not to get too keyed up before the big match.
他由于无可奉告,拒绝了记者采访。 As he had nothing to tell, he refused to give any interviews to the journalists.
金融家告诉我们不要再用那种方法做业务。 The financier told us not to do business in that way.
他惟恐婚姻破裂,把一切都告诉了妻子。 Rather than risk breaking up his marriage he told his wife everything.
我已将情况告诉你,所以你必须酌情处理。 I have told you the circumstances, so you must act accordingly.
他心中憋着一股怒火,按照别人告诉他的去做。 He acted on what he was told with a cold fury in his heart.
原告方面以两名证人所提供的证据提起诉讼。 The prosecution based their case on the evidence of two witnesses.
朋友告诫他,干活加把劲,否则就会丢掉饭碗。 He got the straight tip from his friend-work harder, or you'll lose your job.
申诉民事诉讼中被告对原告所做的陈述状的回答 A defendant's answer to the declaration made by the plaintiff in a civil action.
如果你找不到别人,我同意为球队上场打球,但我先告诉你,我的球艺因久不练习已经生疏。 If you can't get anyone else I don't mind playing for the team, but I warn you that I'm not in practice.
如果这种婚姻出自一个女人的自愿选择,甚至是不顾亲友的劝告而选择的,那么就让她自己去品尝这枚果实的滋味吧。 But this never fails, if the bad husbands were of their own choosing, against their friends consent; for then they will be sure to make good their own folly.
当飞机上的灯一下子熄灭时,旅客显得很紧张,但当机长告诉他们这只不过是一次电气故障,很快就会修好时,他们才放下心来。 The passengers became alarmed when the lights went out on the plane, but the captain put their minds at rest when he told them it was only a minor electrical fault and it would soon be repaired.
马上报告校长! Report to the Head immediately!
该通告将於明日见报. The announcement will appear in tomorrow'snewspapers.
告密者检举他人的人;告密的人 One who informs against others; an informer.
对市场动态,烦告货主意向如何? Advise how shipper dispose towards market movement?
`部长, 你是要辞职吗?'`无可奉告.' `Will you resign, Minister?' `No comment!'
我们得听一个关於酗酒害处的冗长报告! We had to listen to a peroration on the evils of drink!
检举人已向警方告发他(是恐怖分子). An informer denounced him to the police (as a terrorist).
人们告诉他那悲惨的消息後,他已六神无主了。 He went to pieces when they told him the tragic news.
哎呀,不要这样死要面子啦,告诉我真心话吧! Oh, don't be so respectable! Tell me what you really feel.
当我告诉他那个消息时我自己不知不觉地哽咽起来。 I couldn't account for the lump in my throat when I told him the news.
讣闻死亡后发表的通告,有时附有死者简要传记 A published notice of a death, sometimes with a brief biography of the deceased.
《第一滴血》这部影片只要广告做得对头,无论质量如何都是会吸引住观众的。 First Blood will attract the crowds, whatever its quality, provided that it gets played up in the right way.
国际商业机器有限公司昨天又在华尔街宣布了一项骇人听闻的消息,警告分析家说他们可以预期第二季度盈利至少下降百分之八十。 IBM dropped yet another bombshell on Wall Street yesterday, warning analysts to expect at least an80% slide in second-quarter earnings.
据悉,在审理戈蒂时,格拉瑟对联邦调查局、检察官、被告律师以及媒体毫不客气。他打了好几通电话给塞申斯,要他必须查出《每日新闻》的消息来源。 Glasser, who rode roughshod over the FBI, prosecutors, defense lawyers and the press during the Gotti trial, made a series of telephone calls to Sessions demanding that the sources for The News story be found, sources said.
赫德并未讨论限期,可是他告诉英国广播公司说,国际联盟“行将达到的阶段是:大家都对现局加以估计,看我们所建立的以和平方式施压是否有效。” Mr.Hurd did not discuss deadlines, but he told the BBC that the international coalition was"approaching the stage when we all take stock and see if the peaceful pressures which we have been constructing are going to be good enough."
经过特别警告巴格达不得在伊拉克任何地方使用毒气和作战飞机(这些警告鼓励了少数民族叛变)以后,当伊拉克继续用作战直升机对付叛军时,布什却半途而废未加制止。 After having pointedly warned Baghdad not to use poison gas or combat aircraft anywhere in Iraq, warnings that had encouraged the rebellion, Mr.Bush pulled up short when Iraq continued to fly combat helicopters against the insurgents.