GbEng
法官否决了以前的判决。 The judge overruled the previous decision.
外科医生问他是否感到紧张。 The surgeon asked him if he felt nervous.
他问马车夫以前是否去过那里。 He asked the carter if he had been there before.
他对著镜子看领带是否系正. He looked in the glass to check that his tie was straight.
一位德国科学家打断了我,并问我是否来自中国。 A German scientist interrupted me and asked if I came from China.
海关人员问我是否有要报税的东西。 The customs asked me if I had anything to declare.
你的意见是否代表其他学生的意见? Are your opinions representative of the other students?
我们考虑是否要告诉她。 We pondered whether to tell her.
警察问我是否有枪。 The police asked me if I possessed a gun.
这些事实否定了你的理论. These facts negate your theory.
快,否则你就要来不及了。 Hurry up or else you'll be late.
无可否认, 他当时并不知道. Admittedly, he didn't know that at the time.
抓紧绳子, 否则你会跌下来的。 Get hold of the rope or you will fall.
只有时间才能证明你是否正确。 Only time will tell if you are right.
我说不好他的生意是否全部合法。 I'm not sure that his business is strictly legitimate.
不管他愿意与否,他非得去参加讲座。 Whether he wanted it or not, he had to attend the lecture.
要准时来,否则你会给人一个坏的印象。 Be there on time, otherwise you'll create a bad impression.
没表示否定, 其含义可能理解为是肯定的. Failure to say `No' may, by implication, be taken to mean `Yes'.
表否定的将一个词的意义由肯定变为否定的 Altering the meaning of a term from positive to negative.
那个小男孩不得不按吩咐的去做,否则他哥哥要将他痛打一顿。 The little boy had to do as he was told or his brother would have knocked him into the middle of next week.
医生们进行会诊,决定是否需要动手术。 The doctors held a consultation to decide whether an operation was necessary.
一位空中小姐走过来,问他是否想要些饮料。 An air stewardess came and asked him if he would like some drink.
预先测试为衡量学生是否已有足够的准备去进行更高一级的学习而举行的初步考试 A preliminary test given to determine whether students are sufficiently prepared for a more advanced course of studies.
那个冒失的新秘书兴冲冲地蹦跳到我跟前,问我是否在这里工作。 That cheeky new secretary just pranced up to me and asked if I worked here!
你是否歇够了可以接著干了? Are you rested enough to go on?
他们是否按体积计算运费? Do they charge carriage by bulk?
他是否给出了令人满意的解释? Did he provide a satisfactory explanation?
叫你怎麽做就怎麽做, 否则有麻烦. Do as you're told, otherwise you'll be in trouble.
人类是否会受到完全灭绝的威胁呢? Is the human race threatened with complete extinction?
你能否(给我)举个例子, 以说明你的意思? Can you quote (me) an example of what you mean?
不知您是否愿意下星期来我们家做客? I am wondering if you'd care to visit us next week?
这个问题是否从纳税人的立场上考虑过? Has the matter been viewed from the taxpayers' standpoint?
他以前从未做过这种工作, 我不知道他是否能(与其他雇员)配合好. He's never done this type of work before; I'm not sure how he'll fit in (with the other employees).
我们的商号正处在紧要关头: 倘若此番交易成功, 前途自无问题, 否则就要破产. Our business is at the crossroads: if this deal succeeds, our future is assured; if not, we shall be bankrupt.
我不知道他是否愿意来。 I don't know whether he is willing to come.
他问我身上是否带着打火机。 He asked me if I had a cigarette lighter with me.
这理论否定了一切传统信念. This theory is a negation of all traditional beliefs.
不要这么赶,否则你可能会出事故。 Do not rush or you may have an accident.
对这一职位他是否适宜很成问题. His suitability for the post is open to question.
他对是否参加考察队仍拿不定主意. He's still hesitating about joining/over whether to join the expedition.
除非你努力下功夫, 否则你将永远打不好网球。 You will never become good at tennis, unless you work at it earnestly.
他尝尝汤, 看是否够咸. He tasted the soup to see if he had put enough salt in it.
我怀疑他们是否真有足够的人力。 I doubt whether they really have sufficient manpower.
衡量驾驶员水平的决定性考验, 就是看他在紧急关头能否保持镇静. The acid test of a good driver is whether he remains calm in an emergency.
说起来这是件不客气且愚蠢的事。除非她道歉并得到谅解,否则,她的心灵将是无法安宁下来的。 It was an unkind, stupid thing to say and she will have no peace of mind until she's apologized and been forgiven.
台湾是座美丽的岛屿,这是不可否认的。 There is no denying that Taiwan is a beautiful island.
你方是否已收到我方汇款? Have you received our remittance?
这列火车是否直达伦敦? Does this train go right through to London?
我们能否将利润汇寄到国外? Can we remit our profit to foreign countries?
这家公司的帐目收支是否平衡? Do the firm's accounts balance?
他是否把这台拖拉机漆成了红色? Do he paint this tractor red?
犯罪行为的根源是否始自幼时? Are the seeds of criminal behaviour sown early in life?
你是否从经营业务的新方法中获益? Did you benefit from the new way of doing business?
石蕊试纸可用以测试溶液是否含酸. Litmus paper can be used as an indicator of the presence of acid in a solution.
这是否意味着贵国正在实施新的外贸政策? Does it mean that you be apply a new foreign trade policy?
先生,你要不要试穿一下这件夹克衫,看看尺寸是否合适? Would you like to try this jacket on for size, sir?
草案准备好了。请审核一下细节内容,看看是否全部条款都合适好吗? The draft is prepared. Will you please check the particulars and see if everything is all right?
人体模型如真人大小的、全身或半身的人体模型,用于量试衣服是否合适或展示服装;人体模型 A life-size full or partial representation of the human body, used for the fitting or displaying of clothes; a dummy.
事实决不能否认。 There is no denying the fact.
问问他是否能来。 Ask him whether he can come or not.
她不在乎你是否喜欢她。 She does not care whether you like her or not.
他们问他质量是否好。 They asked him whether the quality is fine or not.
无人能否认火能燃烧的事实. No one can deny the fact that fire burns.
我对是否接受那项工作顾虑重重。 I have many misgivings about taking the job.
他最好发奋图强,否则会失去工作。 He had better clean up his act, or he will be out of a job.
注意间隔, 否则这个标题一行排不下. Be careful with your spacing or you won't get the heading on one line.
改革是否改善了现状, 这问题仍有争议. It's debatable whether or not the reforms have improved conditions.
你最好把我的书给我,否则我的测验将要不及格了。 You'd better give me my book, otherwise I'll fail my test.
他那些怪话使我们心中生疑,不知他精神是否正常。 His strange remarks planted doubts in our minds about his sanity.
理查德和戴维极力想把问题列入议程, 但遭多数票否决. Richard and David tried to get the question put on the agenda but they were heavily outvoted.
我想了解一下贵方是否继续引进先进技术和成套工厂设备。 I wonder whether you will go on import some advanced technology and complete plant.
软件保护中,把不能复制的标记或签名存放在软盘上的方法,用一个特殊测试程序来检测签名是否存在,如不存在,则被保护的程序不能运行。 In software protection, a method of giving a mark, or signature, that cannot be duplicated, to a floppy disk. A special test routine detects if a signature is present, and if it is not found the protected program will be disabled.
总统否决了削减税收的议案. The President vetoed the tax cuts.
询问就餐者是否准备点菜了。 Asking if a diner is ready to order.
她否认参与了这一密谋. She disavows any part (ie says she was not involved) in the plot.
总统上个星期否决了减税法案。 The president last week vetoed the tax cut.
医生逐个检查,看孩子们是否患近视眼。 The doctor examined every child for possible short sight.
这个记者很想知道那位官员是否涉及此案。 The reporter is curious to know whether the official is involved in the case.
我们的房子只住我们两人实在太大了,所以我们利用周末抽空外出看看是否有合适的套房,想买一套。 Our house is too large for just the two of us and so we spent part of the weekend seeing over some flats with a view to buying one.
模态逻辑命题的限制条件,建立在其内容的肯定或否定其可能性,不可能性,偶然性或必然性基础之上 The classification of propositions on the basis of whether they assert or deny the possibility, impossibility, contingency, or necessity of their content.
神判法让被控诉的人接受痛苦或危险的考验的一种审判方法,结果被视为神对其是否有罪或清白的审定 A method of trial in which the accused was subjected to physically painful or dangerous tests, the result being regarded as a divine judgment of guilt or innocence.
他们行使了内阁否决权。 They carried the ministerial veto.
朋友告诫他,干活加把劲,否则就会丢掉饭碗。 He got the straight tip from his friend-work harder, or you'll lose your job.
我非常惊讶, 连忙掐了自己一把看是否这一切都是一场梦. I was so amazed I had to pinch myself in case it was all a dream.
病人情况危急,因而需要手术,但又无法保证她是否能经受得住麻醉剂,外科医生处于进退两难的境地。 The patient's condition was critical and she needed an operation but there was no guarantee that she would survive the anaesthetic; the surgeon was on the horns of a dilemma.
是否可替我更换座位? Could you change my seat, please?
这孩子是否有点反常? Is the child abnormal in any way?
当局是否已得知(此事)? Have the authorities been notified (of this)?
是否可在此购买观光巴士券? Can I get a ticket for the sight- seeing bus here?
囚犯对被控罪名再三否认。 The prisoner repeated denials of the charges against him.
不要逾期不缴房租, 否则会被逐出. Don't fall behind with the rent, or you'll be evicted.
这孩子要有人督促, 否则她什麽也不干. One has to push the child or she will do no work at all.
你能否给我一份有规格说明的价目单吗? Can you give me a price list with specification?
我们能否确定这一犯罪动机是出於嫉妒? Can we assign jealousy as the motive for the crime?
我们的儿童是否受著空气中铅的毒害? Are our children being poisoned by lead in the atmosphere?
我们可否把这些项目都归在`杂费'项内? Can we lump all these items together as incidental expenses'?
纳税人:如果双方组建合资企业是否有利呐? Taxpayer: what will happen if the two companies establish equity joint venture?
你曾否想到用你的视觉去探视一位朋友或认识的人的内在本性? Does it ever occur to you to use your sight to see into the inner nature of a friend or acquaintance?
但是能否以这样的方法把激光发展到可以在空,凤摧毁进攻的导弹呢? But can laser beams be developed in such a way to destroy attacking missiles in space?
抗辩一种表示反对的方法即:同意对方论据中的事实,但是否定对方基于这些事实的辩护 A method of objecting that admits the facts of the opponent's argument but denies that they sustain the pleading based upon them.
工会与资方的最后谈判行将终结,双方努力争取在限期前达成协议。否则,发行187年的《纽约邮报》将被迫永远停刊。 Last-ditch talks headed down to the wire as union and management raced a deadline which could force the New York Post to close down today for good after187 year.
赫德并未讨论限期,可是他告诉英国广播公司说,国际联盟“行将达到的阶段是:大家都对现局加以估计,看我们所建立的以和平方式施压是否有效。” Mr.Hurd did not discuss deadlines, but he told the BBC that the international coalition was"approaching the stage when we all take stock and see if the peaceful pressures which we have been constructing are going to be good enough."