Gb | Eng |
---|
今年我们不能出国,所以只能去上海度假了。 | We can't go abroad this year, so we'll have to content ourselves with a holiday in Shanghai. |
我们只能做些较小的让步,但这就可能打破僵局。 | We can only make minor concessions, but it might break the deadlock. |
人只能做力所能及的事。 | A man can do no more than he can. |
他只能靠微薄的收入来养家。 | He had to support his family with his meager income. |
他在黑暗中只能勉强辨认出道路。 | He was just able to discern the road from the dark. |
他提出这种要求,只能说是正当的。 | It's only just that he should claim it. |
对不起, 你只能在八号窗口买旅行支票。 | I am sorry, you can only buy traveler's check at Window Eight. |
无论如何我们也只能听其自然。 | Be that as it may, I'll leave it as it is. |
她不只能说德国话也能说法国话。 | She can speak not only German but also French. |
到目前为止,主席只能提出个大体规划,还不能很具体。 | So far, the chairman has only been able to trace out the outline of the plan, without any details. |
唉,恐怕只能如此了。 | Well, I think it will have to do. |
在医院病床躺了一个星期之后,他只能遥遥晃晃地走几步。 | After a week in the hospital bed, I was only able too wobble around a bit. |
这种事情只能私下处理。 | This sort of business can only be transacted in private. |
我的时间很宝贵,我只能见你几分钟。 | My time is precious; I can only give you a few minutes. |
没有任何指示,我只能按我认为最好的方法去做了。 | Failing instructions I did what I thought was best. |
这篇文章很短, 只能对这一问题作肤浅的探讨. | This essay is so short that it can only scratch the surface of the topic. |
我学法语的时间还不长, 所以我只能凑合著说几句. | I haven't been learning French for long, so I can only manage (ie speak) a few words. |
这家戏院只能容纳250人. | The theatre admits only 250 people. |
这种思想只能把世人引入歧途。 | Such ideas will only lead the world's people astray. |
柴油潜艇在水下只能航行非常短的时间,而核潜艇在水下航行的时间要长得多。 | A diesel submarine is able to cruise under water for a short period of time, but a nuclear one is able to cruise under water much longer. |
|