Gb | Eng |
---|
店主给我们的分量不足: 应该10公斤我们只得到7.5公斤. | The shopkeeper gave us short weight: we got 7.5 kilos instead of 10 kilos. |
比赛因天气不好只得取消。 | The match had to be cancelled because of bad weather. |
他们从这次实验中只得到了一组不完整的答案。 | They only got an incomplete set of results from the experiment. |
骚乱恶化,政府只得宣布进入紧急状态。 | The rioting grew worse and the government declared a state of emergency. |
销售开始下跌,公司财务不久便出现赤字,他们只得把那幢大楼卖掉。 | Sales began to drop and the company was soon in the red. They had to sell the building. |
我花了50英镑在商场上买了一件所谓的便宜瓷器,结果却是一文不值。我只得把此事引以为训。 | I paid fifty pounds in the market for a so-called bargain piece of porcelain which turned out to be worthless; I'll just have to chalk it up to experience. |
我们喜欢的饭馆已客满, 所以我们只得到别处去. | Our favourite restaurant was full, so we had to go elsewhere. |
我只得把他让进客厅。 | I felt obliged to invite him into the parlor. |
我们只得忍受她的坏脾气。 | We have to put up with her bad temper. |
如果我们准备采用新工序的话,我们将只得吸取那些已有这方面工作经验的人们的成果。 | If we are to start the new process, we shall have to pick the brains of those who have had some experience of doing the job. |
公路干线遭水淹没,我们只得择乡间小径绕行。 | The main road was flooded so we had to go round by narrow country lanes. |
他以为他的构思最好,可是还是差了一点;它只得了二等奖。 | He thought his idea was the best, but it was a near miss; it only won second prize. |
|