GbEng
我的爱人很会做饭。 My wife is very useful at cooking.
这大概正是我要做的。 Maybe that's what I'll do.
领导做了英明的决定。 The leader made a sagacious decision.
他不该做那事是有必要的。 It is important that he not do it.
这种菜好吃不好做. This dish is delicious but rather a trouble to prepare.
有的人爱先做难做的工作。 Some people tackle the difficult jobs first.
小女孩立志要做一名科学家。 The young girl aspired to be a scientist.
我正在做晚饭时停电了。 While I was cooking supper the electricity went off.
我为准备英语考试的人做辅导。 I coach people for English exams.
我能和你做生意,太高兴了。 I am only too pleased to do business with you.
留出星期五下午的时间做复习。 Friday afternoons are left free for revision.
教师正在给班上的学生做听写。 The teacher was dictating to the class.
他走了,把所有没做完的工作都留给了我。 He was gone and left all the work undone to me.
如今,我们可以利用太阳能做很多事情。 We can use solar energy to do many things today.
我正在做吃的, 没太留心听收音机. I was only listening to the radio with half an ear, while preparing some food.
只要你不出卖我,要我做什么我都愿意。 As long as you don't betray me, I'll do whatever you ask me to (do).
在出访外国之前要做好许多准备工作。 There are a lot of preliminaries to be gone through before you can visit a foreign country.
如果你到今晚把手头上的工作做完,你明天就可以休息。 Provided/Providing (that) you clear your desk by this evening, you can have tomorrow off.
我们要做陆地旅行。 We will have an overland journey.
我有一大堆工作要做。 I have a mountain of work to do.
请做这个句子的填空。 Please fill in the blanks in the sentence.
他常去那个教堂做礼拜。 He is a regular worshiper at that church.
他经常按他妻子的吩咐去做。 He often does his wife's bidding.
石墨常被用来做成铅笔。 Graphite is used in making lead pencils.
面包主要是由面粉做成的。 Bread is chiefly made of flour.
任何值得做的事就值得做好。 Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
他花了半个小时做完这项工作。 It took him half an hour to finish the work.
即使你不喜欢这工作,你也得做。 Even though you do not like it, you must do it.
假如我要做新衣服,需要很多布料。 I need a lot of cloth if I want to make a new dress.
只有一个人能做这项工作,那就是你。 Only one person can do the job, namely you.
他考试前没做任何准备,所以不及格。 He didn't do any preparation for this exam, so he failed.
我开始做这项工作时, 遇到许多困难. I encountered many difficulties when I first started this job.
他做的事完全合法, 警方不能碰他. What he did was perfectly legal the police can't touch (ie arrest) him for it.
我们用他给我们带来的面粉做了一些面包。 We made some bread with the flour he bought for us.
教会应当就基本道德问题多做出些榜样. The Church should give more of a lead on basic moral issues.
试验没有成功,尽管如此,还是值得做的。 The experiment failed. It was, nevertheless, worth making.
法语教师每隔一周给这班学生做一次听写。 The French teacher dictates to the class every other week.
亿万人的收入增加了,这是他们自己做梦也想不到的。 Incomes of millions upon millions of people have increased beyond their dreams.
他们如果还顾及人的生命就不会做出这样可怕的事来。 If they had any respect for human life they wouldn't do such terrible things.
因为缺乏一名运动员我们只好叫这个小男孩做我们的队员。 In the default of one player we have to take the little boy as our team member.
我们都要做好自己工作,并且要在工作中找到精神上的乐趣。 We must cultivate our own garden and find the joy of doing it in our own heart.
他妨碍我把工作做好。 He impedes me to do the job well.
他对那个罪犯做出了裁决。 He passed judgement on the guilty man.
史密斯教授曾做过总统的特别顾问。 Professor Smith served as special adviser to the President.
勉强他做事不是教育孩子的办法。 It is not the way to educate a child by making him do things against his will.
我们只能做些较小的让步,但这就可能打破僵局。 We can only make minor concessions, but it might break the deadlock.
我一整天围着火热的炉子辛辛苦苦地做出这顿饭,可是他们现在几乎一点儿也没有吃。 I slaved away all day over a hot stove to produce this meal, and now they've hardly eaten any of it.
她有一条用三角形蓝绸子做的围巾。 She has a scarf made of a triangular piece of blue silk.
我正在用我新买的煎锅做苹果馅饼。 I am cooking apple pies with my newly bought frying pan.
做试验前,老师给我们每个人发了一张滤纸。 The teacher gave each of us a piece of filter paper before doing the experiment.
你做什么工作? What's your job?
你打算做什么? What do you plan to do?
你真不应该那样做! You shouldn't have done that!
你知道你在做什么吗? What do you think you are doing?
看看你都做了些什么! Just look at what you've done!
你周末计划做什么? What are your plans for the weekend?
他不愿做出任何承诺。 He would not commit himself in any way.
总统正在对欧洲做私人访问。 The president is paying a private visit to Europe.
我父亲总是对我做事的方式百般挑剔。 My father is always finding fault with the way I do things.
【谚】今天能够做的事,切莫拖延到明天。 Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
她还没做出什麽成绩来。但她确实很努力。 She hasn't had much success yet. Mark you, she does try hard.
刘师傅把每道工序做给我们看,然后让我们自己干。 Master Liu demonstrated to us each process, and let us do it ourselves.
别老唠叨你的那些问题,还是做些实际工作解决它们吧! Stop dwelling on your problems and do something about them!
在日常会话中,你是请求别人做事,而不是"命令"他们。 In everyday conversation, you request people to do things, not "order" them.
他们一起做过生意。 They've done some business together.
外科医生做了手术。 The surgeon has performed the operation.
他在我的指导下做这件事. He did the work under my direction.
这是目前最时兴的做法了。 It's the in-thing to do at the moment.
有些科学家用动物做试验。 Some scientists experiment on animals.
小男孩喜欢在书页空白边上做笔记。 The little boy likes to make notes in the margin of books.
没什么事可做,我还是上床睡觉好了。 There is nothing to do, so I may as well go to bed.
他虽然没有通过考试,但他做了很大的努力。 He didn't pass the exam, but it was a good attempt.
我说几句好听的, 也许能说服他去做这工作. With a little flattery I might persuade him to do the job.
成年地做一种单调工作, 能把活人也做成机器人. Years of doing the same dull job can turn you into a machine.
按照吩咐你的去做. Do as you are bidden.
他们选他做主席。 They elected him chairman.
这个盆子是铁做的。 This basin is made of iron.
她说她从来不做梦. She claims she never dreams.
我已来不及做准备了. I had no time in which to prepare.
他的工作是做国内贸易。 He worked in internal trade.
值得做的事没有容易做的。 Nothing worth doing is easy.
我们非常后悔做此决定。 Bitterly did we repent our decision.
人只能做力所能及的事。 A man can do no more than he can.
纪念碑的正面是石料做的. The monument was fronted with stone.
很多东西是由竹子做出的。 Many things are made out of bamboo.
我向他们做了明白的解释。 I made a lucid explanation to them.
小猫把那个盒子当做它的床。 The kitten uses that box as its bed.
我与他合伙做出口生意。 I enter into partnership with him to do export business.
这种做法不符合我们的政策. Such an act would not be in accord with our policy.
现在激光可以用来做手术。 Lasers can be used to perform operations nowadays.
这个小女孩不太善于做加法。 The little girl is not very clever at addition.
管子工对管道做了仔细的检查。 The plumber made a careful check of the pipes.
我不久就习惯了他那些奇怪的做法. I soon got accustomed to his strange ways.
我们决定为我们的新产品做广告。 We decided to advertise our new product.
做个消防队员有时候会有危险。 Being a fireman sometimes may be dangerous.
你作判断时要尽量做到不存偏见. Try not to be prejudiced in your judgements.
恢复谈判的任何做法都值得欢迎。 Any renewal of negotiations will be welcomed.
由上面所说的,我们可以做一个结论。 From what is said above, we can draw a conclusion.
这位著名的经济学家给我们做了一次演讲。 The famous economist gave us a speech.
教授将要做关于地理特征的讲座。 The professor will give a lecture of geographical features.
一个守时的人总是把事情提前做好。 A punctual person always finishes everything ahead of time.
开始做饭前,我还得去买些厨房用具。 I have to buy some kitchen utensils before starting cooking.
只要把它完成了,你怎么做我并不计较。 I'm not particular how you do it as long as it gets done.
这个小女孩太可爱了,我把她叫做小精灵。 The little girl is so lovely that I call her a sprite.
他们邀请我们将来到那里时去他们家做客. We have a standing invitation to visit them when we're in the area.
这项研究仅仅是重复别人已经做过的工作。 This research merely duplicates work already done elsewhere.
我会尽力帮忙,但我所能做的也是有限度的。 I'll help as much as I can, but there is a limit to what I can do.
他做临时工作已一年多了, 想找个固定的工作. He's been temping for over a year now and wants a permanent job.
那个傻孩子从来不做事,只是整天游手好闲。 That silly child never does anything; he just fools about all day long.
处理这类案件的常规做法是请求法院发出指令。 The general practice in such cases is to apply for a court order.
她做护士很不顺心, 但当管理人员似乎倒很适合. As a nurse she got very frustrated, but being an administrator seems to suit her.
在过去的几年中我们为了国民经济的恢复做了大量的工作。 A lot has been done in the recovery of national economy in the past few years.
那个小男孩不得不按吩咐的去做,否则他哥哥要将他痛打一顿。 The little boy had to do as he was told or his brother would have knocked him into the middle of next week.
我敢说,如果你受邀到他们那儿去做客,那将是你一生中度过的最愉快的时光。 If you are invited to visit them you'll have the time of your life, I can tell you.
他用煤气炉做饭。 He cooks his meal with a gas stove.
他做了一个明智的选择。 He made a sane choice.
他把驾驶员当做人质。 He kept the pilot as a hostage.
这个箱子是胡桃木做的。 This box is made of walnut.
这只杯子是不锈钢做的。 This cup is made of stainless steel.
公司把汽车当做抵押品。 The company took the cars as hostage.
吃早饭时,做稀粥是很方便的。 Gruel is convenient to make in the morning for breakfast.
他未做认真的调查就仓促做出了结论。 He jumped to a conclusion without careful investigation.
新娘的男亲属们聚集在一起为婚礼做准备。 The bride's kinsman gathered to make preparations for the wedding.
你该知道做这项工作要承担额外责任。 You should know the additional responsibilities that are incidental to the job.
政府声称对失业表示关注纯属做做姿态。 The government's claim to be concerned about unemployment is sheer hypocrisy.
他们拒绝同恐怖分子做交易,以免原则受到损害。 They refused to compromise their principles by doing a deal with the terrorists.
史密斯先生不想因坚持按市价购进而失去做买卖的机会。 Mr Smith did not want to lose his market by sticking to having it at the market price.
马克是个不听话的孩子, 我看他们现在对他的培养方面做得不错. Mark's a difficult child and I think they're making a good job of bringing him up.
史密斯悄悄地向地向拍卖人做手势,然后把出价又抬高了1,000元。 Smith signaled the auctioneer quietly and kicked the bid up another thousand.
有些工程师认为,既然为这一系统起作用已付出如此巨大的努力,明智的做法是短期内将这项工作继续下去,而不是从头再来。 Some engineers take the view that since so much effort has been put into making this system work it would be sensible in the short term to continue the same line rather than start afresh.
撒谎违反我做人的原则。 Lying goes against my principles.
钮扣有时是用骨头做的. Buttons are sometimes made of bone.
动物脂可以用来做香皂。 Tallow can be used for making soap.
这件衬衫是用乔其纱做成的。 The shirt is made of georgette.
他从初级职员做起,最终成了这家公司的董事。 He joined the firm as a junior clerk, and finished up a director.
她由于向党代表大会做了有力的演说而挽回了自己的声誉。 She redeemed her reputation with a powerful speech to the party convention.
在我还没工夫往掌上吐一口唾沫之前,他已经把那件工作做完了。 Before I had time to spit in my hands, he finished the work.
他从海滨回来的时候给我们买了一些华而不实的工艺品做礼物。 He bought us some gingerbread works as present when he returned from the beach.
伊卡罗斯代达罗斯的儿子,他乘着他父亲做的人工翅膀逃离克里特时,由于离太阳太近以致粘翅膀用的蜡溶化了,而掉进了爱琴海 The son of Daedalus who, in escaping from Crete on artificial wings made for him by his father, flew so close to the sun that the wax with which his wings were fastened melted, and he fell into the Aegean Sea.
你把这东西叫做啤酒吗? Do you call this stuff beer?
是真的还是我当时在做梦? Was it real or did I dream it?
硼砂常被用来做玻璃制品。 Borax is always used in making glass.
这个公司做买卖赚钱[赔钱]. The firm is trading (ie doing business) at a profit/loss.
我们做些什么才能减轻她的烦恼呢? What can we do to lessen her vexation?
玛丽留下几块布准备做一床被子。 Mary saved up pieces of cloth to make a quilt.
叫你怎麽做就怎麽做, 否则有麻烦. Do as you're told, otherwise you'll be in trouble.
我再也不做那种事了, 我已有了教训! I'll never do that again; I've learned my lesson!
不知您是否愿意下星期来我们家做客? I am wondering if you'd care to visit us next week?
我从未答应过把汽车借给你: 你是在做梦吧! I never promised to lend you my car: you must be dreaming!
这份色拉是由苹果、梨、土豆和芹菜做成的。 This salad is made of apple, pear, potato and celery.
我在早上做的头一件事,是刷我的牙、磨我的舌。 The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.
你什麽也不用做--只管轻松愉快地享受旅游的乐趣. You don't have to do anything just lie back and enjoy the journey.
如果这里这么没有条理,我怎么晓得该做些什么? How am I to know what I am supposed to do if there's no organization around here?
我们应该实事求是地先把费用算出来, 然後再做决定. We must be practical and work out the cost before we make a decision.
我不相信他真会按他威胁的话去做, 他不过吓唬(我们)罢了. I don't believe he'd really do what he threatens he's only bluffing (us).
我们的新洗衣机老出毛病--完全是因为做的质量太差。 Our new washing-machine keeps breaking down it's entirely due to shoddy workmanship.
他以前从未做过这种工作, 我不知道他是否能(与其他雇员)配合好. He's never done this type of work before; I'm not sure how he'll fit in (with the other employees).
你认为那个冬季——那个叫做不愉快的冬季——十之八九会现再次出现吗? Do you think there is a likelihood that winter-the winter of discontent as it was called-could be repeated?
工作台在上面做手工工作的坚固的桌子或长凳,如机械工人、木匠或珠宝匠的工作台 A sturdy table or bench at which manual work is done, as by a machinist, carpenter, or jeweler.
阿都波一种由海菜及肉或鱼做成的菲律宾菜肴,用咖喱、酱油和香料作调料,佐以米饭 A Philippine dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish seasoned with garlic, soy sauce, and spices and served with rice.
如果病人住在公用病房里。很少有护士经过时不为他们做点小事情。这是护士的一项传统,即提供“亲切关怀护理”(TLC),亦即为病人提供持续不断的细小服务。 If patients are in an open ward, few nurses will pass them by without doing some little thing for them. It is in a nurse's tradition to give what is called"TLC", tender loving care, some constant little service to the sick.
总之, 你做得不好. In brief, your work is bad.
我看最好还是给你做些化验。 I think we'd better give you a few test.
做事要有是非观念和正义感. Be guided by your sense of what is right and just.
你不必向我请示可自行做些变动. You don't need my say-so to change things.
我只要做的就是说服他跟我们一起去。 All I have to do is persuade him to go with us.
要不是我的工作没做完, 我真想去。 I would like to go only that I haven't finished my work.
他们都是自愿的, 完全是因为喜欢做而做的. They're all volunteers, doing it just for the love of the thing.
我要着手做功课。 I will go now at my lesson.
她做任何事都不轻易放弃. She doesn't give up easily.
这本小册子做得很精致。 This booklet is delicately made.
老板强迫他做此难事。 The boss forced this difficult task upon him.
大麻可用来做衣服和绳子。 Hemp can be used for cloth and ropes.
她似乎是有意地做这些事。 She seems to do these things on purpose.
他做此事是为环境所迫。 He was forced by the circumstances to do this.
不要做违背他心意的事。 Don't do anything that should go against his will.
有勇气做某事,有胆量做某事 Have the nerve for [to do]sth.
医生做手势要我脱去外套。 The doctor gestured me to take off my coat.
他在做些无利可图的投机生意。 He makes some unprofitable speculations.
那些儿童分成小组做游戏. The children were separated into groups for the game.
他们强迫我做违背我心意的事。 They forced me to do things against my will.
他们计划做穿越太平洋的旅行。 They planned to voyage across the Pacific Ocean.
该产品正在由我们实验室做测试。 The product is on trial in our laboratory.
她承担了做部长的所有责任. She undertook to discharge all the responsibilities of a Minister.
复活节期间,到教堂做礼拜的人多了。 At Easter, attendances at church rose.
别浪费时间了我们还有正经事要做。 Stop footling about, we have serious work to do.
她买了一些木材下脚料做厨房用架子. She bought some timber off-cuts to build kitchen shelves.
这位体操选手敢于做惊险的高难度动作 The gymnast dared a breathtakingly difficult move.
要加入俱乐部必须有一位会员做介绍人. To join the club you have to be put up by an existing member.
他们闻到做菜的味儿, 知道眼看要吃饭了. The smell of cooking told them there was a meal in the offing.
我在做出决定之前不得不再三考虑此事。 I have to turn the matter over and over before make a decision.
我们自己无法做这项工作, 所以要承包出去. We haven't the resources to do the work ourselves, so we'll put it out to contract.
他使劲向我做手势, 可是我不明白他的意思. He was gesticulating wildly at me, but I could not understand what he was trying to tell me.
如果今年做出较大努力,我们有可能达到这个指标。 If we put in more efforts this year, we may be able to reach that mark.
他们利用他怕失掉工作的心理, 让他做他们想做的事. They played on his fears of losing his job to get him to do what they wanted.
我虽已退休, 但仍做些义务工作, 以便了解当前的情势. Although I'm retired, voluntary work keeps me in the swim (of things).
一晚放映三个同一主题的访问记实, 真是小题大做. It was surely overkill to screen three interviews on the same subject in one evening.
我并不了解讨论的情况,所以无法告诉你做了什么决定。 I was not privy to the discussion, so I cannot tell you what was decided.
孩子们想玩多久就玩多久,他们没有事做,也没有人会责骂他们,总而言之,他们很快乐。 The children could play as long as they liked, they had no work to do, and nobody scolded them, in short, they were happy.
裁缝把这套衣服做坏了。 The tailor has butchered this suit.
她出于情感的缘故做了此事。 She did it for sentimental reasons.
做饭的味道顺着走廊飘过来。 Cooking smells wafted along the hall.
做纵横字谜游戏能锻炼脑筋. Doing crosswords gives the mind some exercise.
裁缝给我量做新西装的尺寸。 The tailor took my measurements for a new suit.
我喜欢在周末做些剧烈运动。 I like to take some energetic exercise at weekend.
她兼做导师工作和研究工作. Her work was divided between tutoring and research.
他这样做时,指头微微颤动了一下。 His fingers trembled while doing so.
假若你拿不准怎样做, 就来问我好了. If you're not sure how to do it, ask me.
做田径服需要用弹性强的料子。 For tracksuits you need material with plenty of stretch.
这个漂亮的窗帘是用零头布做的。 The beautiful curtain is made of remnant materials.
我们将对他带来的矿石做实验鉴定。 We will make an assay of the ore that he brought.
做广告的根本目的是要多出售货物. The primary reason for advertising is to sell more goods.
我们焦急万分地等候医生做出诊断。 We waited in great suspense for the doctor's diagnosis.
我已经足够大了,有权去做我喜欢做的事。 I'm old enough to have the freedom to do as I like.
我准备做一次咽喉细菌培养,以便确诊。 I am going to take a throat culture so we'll know for sure.
因为暴风雪,经常去做礼拜的人没有去教堂。 Because of the snowstorm, the churchgoer did not go to church.
我叔父给他穷困的邻居做了一张桌子和几只凳子。 My uncle carpenter a table and a few stool for his needy neighbor.
秘书长对缓和那个地区的紧张局势做了很多工作。 The secretary general do much to ease the tension in the area.
老师狠狠地瞪了我一眼,所以我怀疑我做错了什么事。 The teacher threw a fierce look at me, so I wondered what I had done wrong.
我们的地毯是用中国纯羊毛手工织成的。它们富有弹性且做工精细。 Our carpet is hand- made of pure chinese wool. They are resilient and have fine workmanship.
我想他会拒绝的。我恰恰认为她是个固执已见的人,做这种事当然不合乎她的习惯。 I expected her to refuse. I just thought of her as set in her ways, and this sort of thing certainly wasn't among her habits.
当今用手做东西,在许多国家已经成为很特殊--如此地特殊,以致赠送自制礼物有时被认为是不寻常的。 Making something by hand has become the exception in many countries today -- so much so that giving a homemade gift is sometimes considered extraordinary.
他们嘲笑他的做法很幼稚。 They derided his efforts as childish.
这个架子是合成树脂做的。 This shelf was made of synthetic resin.
墙上有一个贝壳做成的装饰品。 There is an ornament made of shells on the wall.
我踌躇了一阵,还是无法做决定。 I faltered for a while and was still unable to make a decision.
有些儿童在万圣节前夕用南瓜做灯笼. Some children make lanterns out of pumpkins at Hallowe'en.
把一座简朴的错层式的房子叫做大厦真太可笑了 It is ludicrous to call a simple split-level house a mansion.
那个木匠做的这个柜子很漂亮--他真是个能工巧匠. The carpenter has made this cupboard beautifully he's a real artist.
不要轻率地奔赴险境,做任何决定之前都要认真想想。 Don't rush headlong into danger; think it through carefully before you make any decisions.
瓜形甜点一种用两层或多层各种风味的冰淇淋做成的球形或瓜形的甜点 A dessert consisting of two or more layers of variously flavored ice cream frozen in a round or melon-shaped mold.
犁一种农具,由在一根横梁端部的厚重的刃构成,通常系在一组牵引它的牲畜或机动车上,用来破碎土块并耕出槽沟从而为播种做好准备 A farm implement consisting of a heavy blade at the end of a beam, usually hitched to a draft team or motor vehicle and used for breaking up soil and cutting furrows in preparation for sowing.
如果请费尔南德斯走路,教育局可以付钱马上终止合约,或是让他做满任期。费尔南德斯按规定可以在十九万五的年薪之外,还可以领未用病假和其他福利折合现金四十万元。 If Fernandez is shown the door, the board could either buy out his contract immediately or allow him to serve out his term. Fernandez is set to collect$400, 000 in past sick pay and other benefits on top of his$195, 000 salary.
约翰在元旦做了什么事? What did John do on New Year's Day?
宫殿的门由金箔做成。 The doors of the palace were made of beaten gold.
这盘欧防风做的菜味道很怪。 This dish of parsnip tastes strange.
是什麽促使你做出这等蠢事来的? What induced you to do such a stupid thing?
那种做法是她的特色;那就是她的作风。 It is characteristic of her to act that way.
他用一只手臂围住她做出保护的姿势。 He put his arm round her in a protective gesture.
我们能做什么来防止这种疾病蔓延呢? What can we do to prevent the disease spreading?
米切尔博士病了, 所以我做代理(她的)工作. Dr Mitchell's ill so I'm deputizing (for her).
咱们在获取更多情报之後再做决定不迟. Let's postpone making adecision until we have more information.
我们不能强迫你(去做), 但认为你应该做. We cannot compel you to (do it), but we think you should.
你认为这个病人什么时候可以做肿瘤手术? When do you think the patient can be operated on for the tumor?
那些忠实於她的人都认为她不会做坏事. She could do no wrong (ie do nothing wrong) in the opinion of her devoted followers.
我愿替你做这件事, 只消给我一点小小的报酬(50英镑). I will do it for you for a small consideration (of 50).
那调皮孩子哪儿去了? 我看, 他到哪儿也做不出好事来. Where's that naughty child now? I'm sure he'll be up to no good wherever he is.
甜椒的果实其果,用来烧菜,做色拉或绿橄榄的佐料 The fruit of this plant, used in cookery, salad, and as stuffing for green olives.
演讲者常用手或手臂做手势来强调他所说的某些要点。 A speaker often makes gestures with his hands or arms to stress something he is saying.
20岁我们按意愿做事;30岁我们凭智慧做事;40岁我们靠判断做事。 At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement.
他做任何事都要首先请示他老婆—他是个十足的“妻管严”。 He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.
我得对他们说他们被开除了, 我总得替老板(出面)做这种倒霉事儿. I had to tell them they'd lost their jobs: I always have to do the boss's dirty work (for him).
牙箍安装在牙齿上的纠正不规则排列的由箍带和钢丝做的牙齿矫正器 A dental appliance, constructed of bands and wires that is fixed to the teeth to correct irregular alignment.
主要活动如下: 第一项, 总裁讲话; 第二项, 秘书做解答; 第三项, 主席做总结. The main events were as follows: first, the president's speech, secondly the secretary's reply and thirdly, the chairman's summing-up.
商品促销商品销售的促销,如通过协调生产与销售以及做广告、办展览和制订销售战略 The promotion of merchandise sales, as by coordinating production and marketing and developing advertising, display, and sales strategies.
在很多地方,计算机能做数百万人的工作,因此它被广泛地应用在各个科技领域——核物理、电气工程、机械工程等等。 In many places a computer does the work of a million persons, and so it is widely used in any branch of science and technology- nuclear physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and the like.
他说他的工会——运输工会504分会——历年来在合约上做了“极大的让步”以协助泛美[航空公司]纾解财务困难。“结果全然没用,”他哀伤地说。 He said his union, Local504 of the Transport Workers Union, made"massive contract givebacks" over the years to help Pan Am with its financial troubles."It was all to no avail, " he lamented.
你做的方法不当. You're doing it the wrong way.
应该这样做工作。 The work should be done in this way.
我爱吃做得中等熟的鸡肉。 I like my chicken medium well do.
为了和平我们做出了让步. We made concessions for the sake of peace.
有的人一面读书一面做注解。 Some people annotate as they read.
这是我特意为你生日而做的。 I made this specially for your birthday.
我十分乐意为你做任何事情。 I am quite willing to do anything for you.
这个男孩做不出这道代数题。 The boy can't figure out the algebra problems.
他生前做的好事将永留人世。 The good which he did will live after him.
你做的本年度预算数字十分准确. Your budget figures were spot-on this year.
我不会以各种各样的名义做这件事。 I will never do this under all sorts of names.
他预见到做这件工作需要很长时间. He foresaw that the job would take a long time.
她预见到母亲的一切需要而事先做好安排. She anticipates all her mother's needs.
他一做家务事就装成舍生取义的样子. He always acts the martyr when he has to do the housework.
希望你喜欢这件东西, 这是我亲手做的. I hope you'll appreciate this: it's all done by my/mine own fair hand.
机器使人们有可能用较小的气力做较多的工作。 Machines make it possible that people do more work with less energy.
我今天提早工作都做完了,但是别人都还在工作,我不好意思回家。 I have gotten my work all done ahead of time today, but I'd feel guilty going home while everybody else is still work.
明年做小生意将比去年更加困难,我们得更加努力工作,以便度过难关。 Next year will be more difficult for small business than last year, and we will have to work even harder to weather the storm.
我确信他做事真诚。 I'm sure he acted in good faith.
你做的区分非常精细. You are making very fine distinctions.
我特地为你做了个蛋糕。 I made a cake specially for you.
我决定当场立即就做。 I decided to do it then and there.
你必须学会做会议纪要。 You must learn how to take minutes.
他和弟弟合伙做生意. He went/entered into partnership with his brother.
我希望这件事尽快做好. I want it (to be) done as quickly as possible.
法官将于明天做出判决。 The judge will give his decision tomorrow.
她做出决定后立即感到后悔。 She immediately regretted her decision.
她具备做一个优秀教师的素质 She has the makings of a fine teacher.
这是他最不可能做的尝试。 This is the last attempt (that) he would make.
这份调查是真正内行人做的. This survey is the work of a real professional.
那种工作不可能做到十全十美. Perfection is impossible to achieve in that kind of work.
给她一次警告就足以制止她做那件事了. One warning sufficed to stop her doing it.
创造就业机会是政府必须做的事。 Job creation has become an imperative for the government.
做工作不能白做,这是明摆著的事。 It stands to reason that nobody will work without pay.
我从不后悔参军,我认为自己做得对。 I never regretted joining up. I think I did the right thing.
回答这个问题使她不得不做周密的思考。 The answer to the question cost her much careful thought.
他损失了所有的钱, 只好再从头做起. He lost all his money and had to start again completely from scratch.
果断些,确切地告诉他们你认为应该怎么做。 Be decisive, tell them exactly what you think should be done.
他的用意很好,但他做起来却不令人满意。 His intention was good, but his execution of the plan was unsatisfactory.
小教堂附属于大教堂的比其小的做礼拜的地方 A place of worship that is smaller than and subordinate to a church.
没有任何指示,我只能按我认为最好的方法去做了。 Failing instructions I did what I thought was best.
正做出努力来宣扬总统在解决危机中的作用。 An attempt was made to play up the president's role in settling the crisis.
待议事项待做的事,尤指项目或目录清单上的一个项目 Something to be done, especially an item on a program or list.
薄脆饼干一种通常由不含糖的生面团做成的薄脆饼干 A thin, crisp wafer or biscuit, usually made of unsweetened dough.
我累得做不了饭了--咱们从中国外卖餐馆买些东西来吃吧. I'm too tired to cook let's get something from the Chinese take-away.
他原本能按预定进度做完这件事的,但不知怎地却落后了。 He could have finished it on schedule, but somehow he fell behind.
那位父亲不能以身作则,更不用说做孩子的榜样了。 That father can't discipline himself, much less set a good example for his children to follow.
如果你不喜欢分配给你的任务,干脆不要做,而不要草率从事。 If you do not like the assignment, just do not do them, but do not scamp them.
照今天看来,我会说,当初太草率,如果再有机会,我一定不会那样做。 From today's perspective I'd say I was too hasty and would love to have the chance to do it differently.
向导们把我气死了,所以嘛,我今天杀掉了其中一个,还叫人给做成标本摆在我们的纪念品室。 Guides have annoyed me so, that today I kill one and am had him stuffed for our trophy rooms.
鱼做得恰到好处。 The fish is done to a turn.
超越职权范围做某事 Go beyond one's duty in doing sth.
她做的工作把她累得筋疲力尽. She's knocking herself out with all that work.
他受劝阻去做另一次的尝试。 He was discouraged from making another attempt.
老板同意向罢工者做出让步。 The boss agreed to meet the strikers half way.
法庭已经做出不合法杀害的裁决。 The court has made a verdict of unlawful killing.
帮助盲人过马路是做好事. It is an act of kindness/a kind act to help a blind man across the street.
我们互相帮助做夏季的额外工作. We help one another with the extra work in the summer.
他的用意不是这个,只是做做样子罢了。 He doesn't really mean it; it's just an act.
我三番五次地告诉过你, 不要做那种事. I've told you again and again not to do that.
陪审团做出被告无罪的裁决. The jury returned a verdict of (ie reached a decision that the accused was) not guilty.
如果你匆匆忙忙地做事,那你就要出差错。 You make mistakes if you do things in a hurry.
史密斯先生有时屈尊帮他的妻子做家务。 Mr. Smith sometimes condescends to help his wife with the housework.
这位律师正在为明天法庭审理的案件做准备。 The solicitor is preparing a case in the court tomorrow.
一旦你掌握了煎蛋饼的技巧, 做起来就很容易了. Making an omelette is easy once you've got the knack (of it).
法院匆促做出的不公正裁决使这次审判形同儿戏. The unfair and hasty decision of the court made a mockery of the trial.
他真是愚蠢,竟会拒绝做那份名报的新闻记者。 It is stupid of him to refuse a job as a reporter on that well known newspaper.
我要是找到了那小子,我饶不了他,你看他做的这事。 I'll take that boy apart when I find him: look what he's done now.
他把所有的时间都用在做纵横填字游戏和其他无聊的活动上. He spends all his time on crosswords and other trifles.
他乘机利用她的无知和单纯,这种做法是不光明正大的。 He takes advantage of her ignorance and simplicity; it isn't cricket.
由于这笔交易金额很大,买主在做出决定之前必须再三考虑。 As this transaction involve a very large sum, buyer have to think twice before deciding.
小钉板一种用木钉可塞入的孔做成花样的用来玩游戏的板 A board perforated with a pattern of holes into which pegs can be fitted for playing certain games.
有人说布什因选举大会开得不好以及竞选方法不佳而受害。可是即使两者都做得较好,结果也将是一样。我想根本问题也不在于经济。 Some will say Mr. Bush was done in by a bad convention and a bad campaign. But if both had gone better the outcome would have been the same. And I don't think it all came down to the economy, either.
我们做了非正式的会晤。 We had an informal meeting.
我这件外衣是用绸子做的衬里。 My coat is lined with silk.
整套房间都弥漫著做菜的气味. The smell of cooking permeates (through) the flat.
他妻子做了一些南瓜馅饼作晚餐。 His wife made some pumpkin pies for supper.
我已多次告诫过你不要做那件事. I've warned you over and over (again) not to do that.
我们已做好会议的全部筹备工作。 We have made all the arrangements for the conference.
我津津有味地品尝了我妈妈做的鱼。 I tasted the fish my mother cooked with relish.
风势已减弱, 做帆船运动较为安全了. The wind has moderated, making sailing safer.
工作大部分是她做的, 可是荣誉都归他了. She did most of the work but all the kudos went to him.
金融家告诉我们不要再用那种方法做业务。 The financier told us not to do business in that way.
他心中憋着一股怒火,按照别人告诉他的去做。 He acted on what he was told with a cold fury in his heart.
孩子们喜欢搅拌做蛋糕的混合料,同时许一个心愿。 The children liked to stir the cake mixture about, making a wish.
申诉民事诉讼中被告对原告所做的陈述状的回答 A defendant's answer to the declaration made by the plaintiff in a civil action.
史密斯先生擅长做很多事情,但他从来不表现自己。 Mr Smith is expert at a lot of things, but he always hides his light under a bushel.
她雇佣我为她的私人助理,但我似乎要做的一切是替她打杂。 She took me on as her personal assistant but all I seem to do is fetch and carry for her.
彩色平板印刷术用一系列石板或锌板做平板来印刷彩画的技术或过程 The art or process of printing color pictures from a series of stone or zinc plates by lithography.
父亲不喜欢儿子在外夜宿不归,所以他斩钉截铁地禁止他再那样做。 The father didn't like his son staying out at night, so he put his foot down and forbade him to do it again.
他这个人做事一不做二不休--向慈善事业捐款不捐则已, 一捐就是一大笔. He's not a man who does things by halves -- either he donates a huge sum to a charity or he gives nothing.
医生做完了手术,但他的成功有赖于那些发明了新型激光手术刀的研究人员。 The doctor finished the operation, but his success depended on the backroom boys who had invented the new laser scalpel.
德拉就这样做了。你知道,人生是由呜咽,抽泣和徽笑组成的,而其中主要的是抽泣。 So Della did. You see, life You see, life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles- but mainly of sniffles.
全部艰苦的工作都是我做的,但是我的老板却宣布那是他自己的发现,窃取了我的发明创造。 I did all the hard work but my boss stole my thunder by announcing the discovery as his own
莫斯科电视为撤军做了广泛的报导,一则苏联电视报导说车队曾受攻击,但是并未提供细节。  Moscow television carried extensive coverage of the pullout. A Soviet television correspondence said the convoy had come under fire but did not provide details.
尽管有大量的宗教派别,研究美国宗教惯常做法的学者发现,在许多情况下,许多新教教派之间在信仰方面并没有多大的不同,只是在仪式方面有较小的差异。 In spite of the great number of denominations, students of religious practice in the United State find that in many cases there are no major differences in belief, and only minor ones in ritual between many of the Protestant denominations.
他们会再做另一次的尝试吗? Will they make any attempt?
你做的功课真丢人, 重做吧! Your homework is a disgrace: rewrite it!
委员会什麽时候做出裁决? When will the committee give/make its ruling?
意向感觉、做或说的意向;倾向 A disposition to feel, do, or say; a propensity.
去年秋天埃米莉姑妈做了12瓶番茄酱。 Aunt Emily put up a dozen cans of tomato last fall.
你怎麽竟然做出这种事? 你难道不知羞耻吗? How could you do such a thing? Have you no shame?
焦炭渣,煤屑焦炭或木炭做成后剩下的渣滓 The refuse left when coke or charcoal is made.
梅子酱由干梅子或杏子做成的甜酱或油酥点心馅 A sweet spread or pastry filling made of prunes or apricots.
我今天在厨房里做了一阵扫除, 现在确实乾净了. I had a blitz on the kitchen today, and now it's really clean.
有人问她为什麽要这样做, 她则极力为自己辩解. When asked to explain her behaviour, she gave a very defensive answer.
多配偶(制)同时拥有一个以上配偶的状况或做法 The condition or practice of having more than one spouse at one time.
她量出一定量的面粉、黄油和糖,开始拌做糕饼。 She measured out the flour, butter, and sugar and started to mix a cake.
保养为保证正常的运行,状况,和修缮状况所做的保养 Maintenance in proper operation, condition, and repair.
他想让我接受贿赂--我但愿我决不至於做出这种低级的事. He tried to make me accept a bribe I hope I would never stoop so low.
他给一些为报纸专栏`写'文章的体育界名人做捉刀人. He ghosts for a number of sports personalities who `write' newspaper columns.
工作态度,工做品质,技艺工作或处理的方式、风格或质量;手艺 The manner, style, or quality of working or treatment; workmanship.
修车厂雇用琼斯做修理工,但发现他是冒牌货后,就把他解雇了。 The garage hired Jones as a mechanic, but fired him when they found he was sailing under false colours.
印花薄织物由羊毛、棉花或人造纤维做成的一种轻便柔软的通常印花的织物 A soft, lightweight, usually printed fabric made of wool, cotton, or rayon.
掩护表面值得尊敬的人、团体或企业,实际上用阴谋或不法活动做掩盖 An apparently respectable person, group, or business used as a cover for secret or illegal activities.
回旋使一个做直线运动的物体减速、停滞或倒转的一种旋转,尤指一个球 A spin that tends to retard, arrest, or reverse the linear motion of an object, especially of a ball.
如果你想象我一样做一个新闻工作者,那我决不会劝阻你。来吧,快来吧! If you're thinking of becoming a journalist like me, I'd be the last to discourage you. Come on in, the water's fine!
《第一滴血》这部影片只要广告做得对头,无论质量如何都是会吸引住观众的。 First Blood will attract the crowds, whatever its quality, provided that it gets played up in the right way.
对价,承诺被允诺、提供或做成的事物,它能使一项协议成为具有法律效力的契约 Something promised, given, or done that has the effect of making an agreement a legally enforceable contract.
附注列在一篇文章、一个章节或一本书尾的注解,对文中指定部分做评论或引述参考书 A note placed at the end of an article, a chapter, or a book that comments on or cites a reference for a designated part of the text.
早晨我妈妈总是慌慌张张:做饭,收拾房间,送我最小的弟弟上幼儿园,然后去上班。 In the morning, my mother is always in a rush: she cooks, makes the room tidy, takes my younger brother to the nursery, and then goes to work.
少女大约到18岁时开始社交,通常要为她们举办盛大聚会,从此以后她们就被看做是成人了。 In society, girls come out when they reach the age of about eighteen, and usually it is at a big party in their honor; after that they are looked on as adults.
绅士可能有钱、或者可能依赖朋友过活;绅士的准则是,无论他怎么穷也罢,他依然是拒绝做任何有用的工作的。 A gentleman may have money or may sponge on his friends; the criterion of a gentleman is that however poor he may be he still refuses to do useful work.
猜测萨达姆心里如何想法是毫无意义的。不论他是做给伊斯兰激进分子看,还是趁最后一个机会找布什麻烦,他与美国和全世界对抗,不久就成为克林顿先生的问题。 It's pointless to try to read Saddam Hussein's mind. Whether he is playing to Islamic radicals or simply taking a final poke at George Bush, his confrontation with America and the world will soon be one more problem for Mr.Clinton.