GbEng
他刚请假走了. He's just gone on leave.
他假装没有听见我。 He affected not to hear me.
孩子们假装开商店玩儿. The children were playing at keeping shop.
你现在需要的就是放假。 A holiday will be just the thing for you.
今年我们不能出国,所以只能去上海度假了。 We can't go abroad this year, so we'll have to content ourselves with a holiday in Shanghai.
孩子们盼望放假. The children are longing for the holidays.
他每次度假都会带他的狗去。 He never goes on a vacation but he takes his pet dog.
老师给小学生布置了假期作业。 The teacher gave the children holiday tasks.
假如我要做新衣服,需要很多布料。 I need a lot of cloth if I want to make a new dress.
我们的假日过得好无聊,每天都下雨。 We had a mouldy holiday - it rained every day.
请假离开办公室之后我赶紧去了医院。 After asking off my office, I went to the hospital immediately.
她自称精通计算机,其实她是假充内行。 She claims to know all about computers but really she's a sham.
她太倒霉了,休假第一天就感冒了。 She was unlucky to catch a cold on the first day of her holiday.
她新找的这份工作星期六放假,而原来的那份工作周末是隔周放假。 She get Saturday off in her new job as against work alternate weekend in her last one.
你去哪里度假了? Where did you go for your vacation?
你介意我明天请假吗? Are you mind if I take tomorrow off?
你飞回家度寒假的时刻不知不觉就会来到的,我都已经在盼望着啦! Before you know it you'll be flying home for the winter holidays, I can hardly wait!
小学生们正在放假。 School children are on vacation.
我在街上遇到她时,她假装不认得我。 She pretended she didn't know me when I passed her in the street.
一个假设的情形 A hypothetical situation.
我在假日愿意轻松一些. I like to take things easy when I'm on holiday.
他不远万里来中国度暑假。 He has come over to China for the summer.
我假期在宾馆里干活儿,当服务员。 I got holiday jobs in guesthouses, waiting on tables.
一谈到暑假,我们大家都变兴奋了。 When it came to the summer vacation, we all became excited.
教师给我们每个人都分配了假日的工作. The teacher has assigned each of us a holiday task.
假期过后,我觉得健康恢复得相当不错。 I feel quite restored to health after my holiday.
使我感到极其好笑的是他的假胡子掉下来了. To my great amusement his false beard fell off.
她假装很喜欢他们,借以获得他们的帮助。 She pretends that she likes them so that she can get their help.
我算是放了暑假了, 但却未能真正休息. I had a kind of/sort of holiday in the summer but I couldn't really relax.
我们原来盼望著下星期放假--看样子走不了了. We were hoping to have a holiday next week as it is, we may not be able to get away.
渡假者租了一艘船去钓鱼。 The holiday-makers chartered a boat to go fishing.
假如我再容忍你下去的话,我可能会一步步退化至成为老婆也未可知。 If I continue to endure you a little longer, I may by degrees dwindle into a wife.
假使剥去了人们的衣服的话,到底彼此的阶级能够维持到什么程度,倒是一则有趣的问题。 It is an interesting question how far men will retain their relative rank if they were divest of their clothes.
牙医给我镶了颗假牙。 I was fitted an artificial tooth by the dentist.
他被假情报诱骗进入敌区。 He was decoyed by a false message into enemy territory.
那个伪装者用一本假护照旅行。 The impostor traveled on a false passport.
劫匪假装成保安人员进入银行。 The robbers got into the bank by masquerading as security men.
根据你的合同,你每年有十五天的带薪假期。 According to your contract, you get 15 days' paid holiday a year.
我好想明年暑假去一趟欧洲。 I feel like going to Europe for a visit next summer vacation.
要想外出度假时, 宠物会成为牵累. Pets can be a tie when you want to go away on holiday.
你难道不能想出一个比`好'更恰当的字眼来形容你的假日吗? Can't you think of a better word than `nice' to describe your holiday?
假使她获得这份工作,那对彼得是当头一棒;他是拼命想得到这份工作的。 If she gets the job, that's one in the eye for Peter: he was desperate to get it.
假如我有选择的余地, 我三十岁就退休. If I had the choice, I would retire at thirty.
孩子们不断吵架,破坏了我们的假期。 The children kept quarreling and spoiled our holiday.
我们正要去度假,他却偏偏摔断了腿。 He must needs break a leg just before we go on holiday.
我是由本地的旅游代理人预先安排的度假事宜。 I booked my holiday through my local travel agent.
经过一年辛苦工作之后,大家都能领略假期的乐趣。 We all appreciate a holiday after a year of hard working.
假期简直是一晃而过。 The holidays simply sped by.
学校下个月上旬开始放假。 School will close early next month.
这张钞票是假的, 那张是真的. This note is counterfeit, but that one's good.
假若你拿不准怎样做, 就来问我好了. If you're not sure how to do it, ask me.
在这个国家里,元旦是全国性的假日。 In this country New Year's Day is a national holiday.
假使亚当重返人间,他会懂得的恐怕只有那些老掉牙的笑话了。 If Adam came on earth again the only thing he will recognize will be the old joke.
假使上天认为财富是有价值的东西的话,它就不会将之给予这样的一个恶棍的吧。 If heaven had looked upon riches to be a valuable thing, it will not have given them to such a scoundrel.
陈列的威士忌酒都是假的. The bottles of whisky on display are all dummies.
他度假归来, 对假日情趣仍津津乐道. He hasn't stopped enthusing about his holiday since he returned.
尽管计划度假时兴致勃勃, 而到头来假日本身却颇为扫兴. The holiday itself was rather an anticlimax after all the excitement of planning it.
假如高大的烟囱状通风管伸出海面的话,这条隧道的通风将是良好的。 The tunnel would be well- ventilated if tall chimneys were built above sea-level.
如果请费尔南德斯走路,教育局可以付钱马上终止合约,或是让他做满任期。费尔南德斯按规定可以在十九万五的年薪之外,还可以领未用病假和其他福利折合现金四十万元。 If Fernandez is shown the door, the board could either buy out his contract immediately or allow him to serve out his term. Fernandez is set to collect$400, 000 in past sick pay and other benefits on top of his$195, 000 salary.
假装昏迷只不过是个诡计. Pretending to faint was merely (an) artifice.
(你)假期得病真倒霉. It was very hard luck (on you) to get ill on your holiday.
假若便秘就应该多吃粗糙食物. If you're constipated you should eat more roughage.
假使一个人健康什麽事都能率得到。 Given good health, one can achieve anything.
假如再让我逮著你偷东西, 看我怎麽揍你! If I catch you stealing again, I'll beat the daylights out of you!
要不是因为下雨, 我们的假日一定过得很惬意. But for the rain we would have had a nice holiday.
假若她想要的是我的办公桌, 她尽管拿走, 我还求之不得呢! As far as I'm concerned, if it's my desk she wants, she's welcome to it!
假如我们只留五分钟的时间赶火车, 那麽我们卡的时间就太紧了. If we only allow five minutes for catching our train, we'll be cutting it too fine.
假使《哈姆雷特》是今时写成的话,它可能会被称为《埃尔斯诺城的怪事》。 If Hamlet had been written in these days it will probably have been called the strange affair at Elsinore.
唉,又是倒霉啦!假如我是被养大当帽子工人的,生下来的孩子可能都没带头颅来的吧。 Just like my luck! If I had been bred a hatter, little boys would have come into the world without heads.
引力微子一种假想粒子,被假定为引力相互作用的量子,并被推测为具有无限长寿命、零电荷和零静止质量 A hypothetical particle postulated to be the quantum of gravitational interaction and presumed to have an indefinitely long lifetime, zero electric charge, and zero rest mass.
他只是假装而已。 He's only shamming.
站不住脚的假设 An indefensible assumption.
他假装在爬山。 He was pretending to climb a mountain.
她假装沉着。 She affect composure.
他的快活是虚假的。 His cheerfulness is false.
他每两年有一次探亲假。 He gets home leave every two years.
他女儿是一个调皮的假小子。 His daughter is a saucy tomboy.
他的本性与弄虚作假格格不入. Dishonesty is foreign to his nature.
在度假淡季,度假费用较低。 Holiday prices are lower out of season.
旅馆工作人员等到淡季再休假. Hotel workers wait until the off-season to take their holidays.
我一时心软同意了支付她度假的费用. In a weak moment, I agreed to pay for her holiday.
提供虚假资料可能导致合同失效. The making of false statements could result in the invalidation of the contract.
上星期我正在度假, 没收到你们的传真。 I was on vacation last week and didn't receive your fax.
我们的钱省著花要是能富余出来,我倒是很想去度假。 I'd love a holiday if our money will stretch that far.
今年我们忙得要命--我需要有一段假期放松一下. This year has been frantically busy for us I need a holiday just to wind down.
在我完全不了解的情况下, 她已先行办好了度假的预订手续. Quite unknown to me, she'd gone ahead and booked the holiday.
假如查出你向该国走私货物,你的货物可能会被没收。 If you are caught smuggling goods into the country, they will probably be confiscated.
假设已知一个物体的重量和比重,我们就能算出它的体积。 Granted the weight and the specific gravity of a body, we can calculate its volume.
他企图将这种酒假冒成法国酒,而事实上此酒来自共同市场以外的地方。 He tried to pass off the wine as french, when in fact it come from outside the common market.
我姐姐在假日里对孩子们放任不管,以至于有一段时间闹得很厉害,使邻居都感到厌烦。 My sister left her children so much to themselves during the holidays that for a time they ran wild and became a nuisance to the neighbourhood.
假如他们在十年或十五年以前来到这我儿的话,他们就可以在许多生意上获得与创办人同等的利益了。 If they have come along here ten or fifteen years ago they might have been let in on the ground floor of a lot of things.
假牙师一种牙科技术师,其专长在于制造和安装假牙,他可以直接为公众服务,而不必通过有执照的牙科医生 A dental technician specializing in making and fitting dentures as a direct service to the public rather than through a licensed dentist.
旅游公司的失误使我的假日泡汤了。 The travel company's failure bust up my holiday.
他出示假证据,这就是蔑视法庭。 He gave false proof, which set the court at defiance.
这一切凑合起来使我们的假期圆满过去。 Everything cooperated to make our holiday a success.
尚未证实他有罪, 就得假定他是清白的. We must assume him to be innocent until he is proved guilty.
我们大家可以一起走--假定其他人不耽搁的话. We can all leave together assuming (that) the others aren't late.
该独裁者发布命令,将其生日定为公众假期。 The dictator decreed that his birthday would be a public holiday.
在英国法中在证明他有罪前被告是被假定无罪的。 In English law, the accused is presumed to be innocent until he is proved to be guilty.
假若贵方愿意接受我们的建议,请通知我们,以便进一步商讨合作的细节。 If this proposal is acceptable to you, please let us know so that we can discuss details.
假使语言是为了隐藏思想而被发明的,那么报纸就是对这不良发明的一大改进。 If word were invented to conceal think, newspaper should be a great improvement on a bad invention.
假如施予比接受更受到祝福的话,我们大多数都情愿让其他的人得到更大的祝福。 If it is more blessed to give than to receive, then most of us are content to let the other fellow have the greater blessing.
假冒的,伪造的 Counterfeit or fake.
半真半假常是弥天大谎。 Half the truth is often a great lie.
董事长假装他知道决算利润。 The chairman pretended he know the final profit.
她乔装打扮戴著金色假发和墨镜. She disguised herself with a blonde wig and dark glasses.
放假的消息几分钟内全校就人人皆知了. News of the holiday was all over the school within minutes.
他们哄骗我,让我产生了一种虚假的安全感。 They lulled me into a false sense of security.
假若认为耳聋有趣, 这种幽默感十分不当. If you think deafness is funny, you've got a very misplaced sense of humour.
那小孩假装会看书,但他把书都拿颠倒了。 The boy pretended he could read, but he was holding the book upside down.
我们在威尼斯度假时曾到附近的几个地方观光过. During our holiday in Venice we went on a few trips/excursions to places near by.
一刹那间,他慈善的假面扔掉,露出了他的真面目。 For a moment his mask of benevolence fell and the real man was revealed.
他们花了几年的时间,精打细算,省吃俭用,终于使航海度假成为现实。 It took years of planning and saving, but their sea-going vacation came true at last.
路易斯制造的局面使得该政府首脑不仅能够在竞选中弄虚作假,而且还可以肆意侵吞联邦公款,除掉可能的竞争对手。 Lewis had created a situation whereby it was possible for the man at the top to fiddle elections, embezzle union funds and do away with potential rivals.
以低于信号中最高频率两倍的频率进行信号取样时出现的一种效应,即当由取样状态还原时,还原后的信号将不再含有原来信号中的高频成分,并将显示出虚假的低频信号。 An effect that occurs when a signal is sampled at a rate less than twice the highest frequency present in the signal.The subsequent signal recovered from the samples will not contain the high frequency component of the original signal and will display a false low frequency signal.
他用虚假的诺言哄骗了她。 He deluded her with empty promises.
别拖延! 今天就定下你休假的日子! Don't delay! Book your holiday today!
那军官於星期日晚上报到销假. The officer reported back from leave on Sunday night.
假设你有三个愿望, 这三个愿望都是什麽呢? If you had three wishes what would you choose?
时髦,是逃亡自庸俗而又惟恐被?上的假斯文。 Fashion is gentility running away from vulgarity, and afraid of being overtake.
我不打算放弃我的假日来迁就你, 你不听也得听! I'm not giving up my holiday to suit you, so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!
因飞机票涨价, 他们在度假费用中向我们增收了10%附加费. They've surcharged us 10% on the price of the holiday because of a rise in air fares.
我想我很可能得到这份工作, 可是假设鲍勃也申请的话, 那[他]可能使我的计画落空. I think I'm likely to get the job, but if Bob applies for it too it/he could queer my pitch.
假如你正确地选取了其他念头,假如这个念头的确受到别的领域的情趣的启迪。 And if this something else is rightly chosen, if it is really attended by the illumination of another field of interest.
纬线,纬度圈与赤道平面平行且环绕地球用来表明纬度高低的许多假想线中的任意一条 Any of the imaginary lines representing degrees of latitude that encircle the earth parallel to the plane of the equator.
马尔盖特英国东南部一自治市,位于伦敦的东部。是一个著名的海滨度假胜地,轻工业也较发达。人口121,900 A municipal borough of southeast England east of London. A popular seaside resort, it also has light industries. Population, 121,900.
其他共和国现在公开抱怨新俄罗斯帝国主义,同时以前的那些头儿们也假惺惺地为违反“人权”一掬同情之泪。 Leaders of other republics mutter openly now about a new Russian imperialism, while former chieftains shed crocodile tears over the violation of"human rights."