Gb | Eng |
---|
她提出把汽车借给我用。 | She offered me the loan of her car. |
他又拿出惯用的借口,说他太忙了。 | He came out with his staple excuse that he was too busy. |
他骗我把自行车借给了他。 | He beguiled me into lending him my bicycle. |
从资料库借磁带是退而求其次的办法。 | Borrowing tapes from the library would be the next-best thing. |
我愿借此机会感谢每一位为这个项目辛勤工作的人。 | I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work on the project. |
必须向人借钱使他感到羞辱。 | It galled him to have to ask for a loan. |
你能借给我五美元吗? | Can you lend me five dollars? |
请把铅笔借给我用用好吗? | Would you please lend me your pencil? |
我的铅笔钝了,你能借我把刀子削一削吗? | My pencil is blunt, could you lend me a knife to sharpen it? |
你并不认为我会相信那个可鄙的借口,是吧? | You don't expect me to believe that pitiful excuse, do you? |
你从图书馆借的书上的戳记表明,这本书必须明天归还。 | The stamp in your library book shows it must be returned tomorrow. |
好看的录像带总是被借走。 | The good video is always rented out. |
他老是把钱借给她,心肠也太软了。 | He's always lending her money; he's too soft-hearted. |
她假装很喜欢他们,借以获得他们的帮助。 | She pretends that she likes them so that she can get their help. |
根据我们的记录,你借的书现在应该还给图书馆了。 | According to our records, the books you have borrowed should now be returned to the library. |
如果你在一个月以内偿还的话,我乐意借给你钱。 | I do not mind lending you the money provided you pay it back within a month. |
最后,我想借此机会请汤姆逊教授转达我们深厚的友谊,并表示对他的同胞良好的祝愿。 | Finally, we want to take this opportunity to beg him to convey our profound friendship and best regards to his people. |
我从未答应过把汽车借给你: 你是在做梦吧! | I never promised to lend you my car: you must be dreaming! |
谁也不会相信那个借口. | No one will buy that excuse. |
他很自私, 不想把汽车借给我. | He's too selfish to think of lending me his car. |
她在协会中借助图片讲述其印度之行. | She gave the society an illustrated talk on her travels in India. |
他本来答应跟我们同往,但后来一直借故推辞了。 | He promised to go with us, but he has since begged off. |
我们有了孩子以后不可能再居住在单间套房里了,爹爹帮了我们大忙,把买房的定金借给了我们。 | It was impossible living in a one-roomed flat after we had the baby but Dad pulled the chestnuts out of the fire by lending us the deposit for a house. |
我还了抵押借款, 如释重负! | Paying my mortgage was an enormous weight off my mind! |
这种借口(让我)实在无法相信. | That excuse simply won't wash (with me). |
偶尔借点钱倒没什麽, 只是不要成为一种习惯. | It's all right to borrow money occasionally, but don't let it become a habit. |
谁也不能以不知法为借口而得到原谅——当律师的格外不行。 | Ignorance of the law excuse no man- from practicing it. |
如果你从那个坏蛋那里借债,可以肯定他会十分苛刻。 | If you borrow from the scoundrel, you may be sure he'll demand his pound of flesh. |
你可以随意借用我的车。 | You are welcome to use my car. |
她把自己收藏的画借给了美术馆。 | She loaned her collection of paintings to the gallery. |
借助现代技术, 这个目标已经达到. | It was achieved with the benefit (ie help, aid) of modern technology. |
借来的钱使他支撑到月底。 | The money he borrowed carried him through to the end of month. |
我们得找个借口不去参加聚会。 | We'll have to find a pretext for not going to the party. |
虚构,捏造虚构作品或捏造借口的行为 | The act of inventing such a creation or pretense. |
还魂尸借还魂术复活的尸体 | A corpse revived in this way. |
这家公司不久就能偿还所借的银行贷款. | The company will soon be able to repay its borrowings from the bank. |
他的一条腿跛了,走路借助于拐杖。 | He is lame in one leg and walks with the help of a crutch. |
|