Gb | Eng |
---|
我得把电话号码记下来,以免待会儿忘记。 | I'll just jot down their phone number before I forget it. |
我向你们保证那是真事, 以免有人觉得奇怪. | Lest anyone should think it strange, let me assure you that it is quite true. |
他们拒绝同恐怖分子做交易,以免原则受到损害。 | They refused to compromise their principles by doing a deal with the terrorists. |
把那刀子放下,以免伤人! | Put down that knife before you hurt somebody! |
这些批评意见已修改得缓和些以免得罪人. | The criticisms had been watered down so as not to offend anybody. |
你必须非常小心地护理,以免伤口沾上污物。 | You must take the most scrupulous care to keep the wound free from the dirt. |
把沙司搅拌一下以免结块。 | Stir the sauce to prevent it lumping. |
你应该给缝纫机上点油,以免发出轧轧声。 | You should oil the sewing machine to stop the squeaking. |
她步子很轻, 以免惊醒孩子. | She trod lightly so as not to wake the baby. |
卡车突然转向以免撞著那孩子. | The lorry swerved sharply to avoid the child. |
市民可以免费使用这个图书馆。 | Citizens may have free access to the library. |
我们轻声谈话, 以免吵醒婴儿. | We spoke in whispers for fear of waking the baby/for fear (that) we might wake the baby. |
她拒绝向警方作陈述以免受连累. | She refused to make a statement to the police in case she incriminated herself. |
饭前不要吃糖以免影响食欲. | Don't spoil your appetite by eating sweets before meals. |
她把客货车向左一闪以免轧著狗。 | She pulled the van to the left to avoid a dog. |
|