GbEng
我跳舞一点儿也不行。 I'm no good at dancing.
她一点儿也不像那么大年纪. She doesn't look her age at all.
那店员一点也不怕麻烦。 The shop assistant was not in the least afraid of the trouble.
我一点也不明白你在说些什么。 I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.
我再也不能忍受了。 I can't stick it any more.
他既不会读也不会写。 He can neither read nor write.
我一刻也不能再呆下去了。 I can't stay any longer.
我们既不将打篮球也不将打排球。 We are going to play neither basketball nor volleyball.
他对学校课外活动一点也不积极。 He doesn't take an active part in many school activities.
我们再怎样强调学英文的重要性也不为过。 We cannot emphasize too much the importance of learning English.
他的秘密至死也不为人知,因为他从未告诉过别人。 His secret died with him, for he never told anyone.
他们宁愿去钓鱼,也不愿待在家里。 They would rather go fishing than stay at home.
什么也不能推动一个按钟头收费的人,对他的平静的心情来说,时间的消逝是多么甜蜜啊。 Nothing can move a man who is paid by the hour; how sweet the flight of time seem to his calm mind.
我宁愿考不及格,也不愿意考试作弊。 I would rather fail than cheat in the examination.
约翰甚至在夏天也不出门。 John doesn't go out even in the summer.
回去? 我宁可移居海外也不回去! Go back there? I'd sooner emigrate!
你真的一点也不关心你的将来? Do you really care nothing about your future?
我一点儿也不行。 I'm no good.
他也不是技术员。 He's not a technician, either.
在这块不毛之地上什么也不能生长。 Nothing can grow in this barren land.
我的朋友都是男生,他们一点也不关心读书。 My friends were all boys who cared nothing about studying.
她说她再也不愿进入那所房子了。 She said she would never set foot in that house again.
有一点是肯定的, 你再也不能行走了. This much is certain, you will never walk again.
我再也不想到这个糟糕的地方来了. I have no intention of coming to this terrible place again!
她显然丝毫也不顾及别人以及别人的感情. She shows a total disregard for other people and their feelings.
我一点也不惊讶她的率直。 I'm not surprised at her frankness.
甚至在日落之后,气温也不见降低。 Even after sunset there was little moderation in the temperature.
她宁可辞职也不愿参与这种不正当的买卖. She would sooner resign than take part in such dishonest business deals.
就连你所能想到的最壮的人也不能光用手就将木头撕裂。 The strongest man (that) you can think of cannot tear the log apart with bare hands.
我宁愿照顾活人的肚子,也不愿以石碑的形式来照顾死者的荣耀。 I'd rather take care of the stomachs of the living than (take care of) the glory of the dead in the form of stone memorials.
我再也不做那种事了, 我已有了教训! I'll never do that again; I've learned my lesson!
赢不了也不要紧--只要你尽力而为。 It doesn't matter if you don't win just do your best.
把这件事当作你的教训, 再也不要玩火柴了! Let this be a lesson to you never to play with matches!
不畏缩的;坚定的表示既不害怕也不犹豫的;坚决的 Showing neither fear nor indecision; resolute.
我的汽车陷入泥中, 一动也不动[我无法使它移动]. My car's stuck in the mud, and it won't budge/I can't budge it.
你什麽也不用做--只管轻松愉快地享受旅游的乐趣. You don't have to do anything just lie back and enjoy the journey.
谁也不会相信那个借口. No one will buy that excuse.
我无论如何也不卖那幅画. I wouldn't sell that picture for all the world.
如今女子再也不接受此种待遇了. Women today no longer accept such treatment.
他这人疑心太重, 连自己的母亲也不相信. He's so suspicious he would distrust his own mother.
谁也不会象病金鱼的主人般觉得那样束手无策。 No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
弟兄两个我谁也不相信,他们都是一路货色。 I won't trust either of the two brothers; they are tarred with the same brush.
我宁可死,也不愿忍辱偷生。 I would rather die than live in disgrace.
谁也不怀疑她能胜任教师工作。 No one doubts her competence as a teacher.
跳舞的人旋转著, 裙子也不停地打转. Dancers spun in a swirl of skirts.
除了他的孙子之外, 这个老人谁也不想见。 The old man wanted to see nobody other than his grandson.
我宁可安于贫穷,也不愿用不当手段赚钱。 I would rather remain poor than get money by dishonest means.
你千万别穿戴成那样子出去. 那会让你祖母躺在坟里也不得安生. You can't go out dressed like that. It's enough to make your grandmother turn in her grave!
她再与也不会干涉你了,你有了独立自主权,你已经有了你自己出入大门的钥匙。 She won't interfere with you any more; your independence is achieved and you have won your latchkey.
她一点也不害怕悬挂式滑翔。 Hang-gliding holds no fears for her.
我宁愿被嘲笑,也不愿和他吵架。 I would rather be laughed at than quarrel with him.
世间的女性,甚至尼姑,都情愿失掉贞操也不愿失掉声誉。 Any woman in the world, even a nun, will rather lose her virtue than her reputation.
我宁可挨饿也不吃那种东西! I'd rather go hungry than eat that!
不及物的既不主动也不被动的;不及物的。用于指动词 Neither active nor passive; intransitive. Used of verbs.
谁也不能以不知法为借口而得到原谅——当律师的格外不行。 Ignorance of the law excuse no man- from practicing it.
我们的新型洗衣粉顾客都很满意, 成千上万的人不可能都错了, 您也不妨试一试好吗? Thousands of satisfied customers can't be wrong, so why don't you try our new washing-powder?
我所问的那个家伙起先一声也不响,上下打量我,注意到我衣衫褴褛,然后他说:“稍等一会儿。” The fellow I spoke to made no answer at first, looked me up and down, noticed that I was almost in rags, then said," Just a minute."
大体上说,这里的气候还是很宜人的,夏天不太热,冬天也不太冷。 On the whole, the climate here is quite pleasant, neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter.
你对地位真是一点儿也不在乎。 You don't really care a fig about status.
无论如何我也不同他调换地方。 I would not change places with him for all the world.
我再也不会容忍他的无理要求了。 I won't stand for his unreasonable demands any longer.
他固执己见,什么也不能让他改变。 He is wedded to his own opinion and nothing can change him.
我也不相信我们的相关力量正在增长。 I don't believe that our relative strength is increasing.
随着生产量的增长, 需要原材料的供应也不断增长。 With the production going up, an increasing supply of raw materials is needed.
他为人诚实,不计较面子,对于别人的批评一点也不在乎。 He has an honest nature and a thick skin, and never cares a bit about other people's criticisms.
他宁愿送分数,也不愿要求利益。 He would rather give away a point than claim an advantage.
她情愿玩玩蜜蜂也不愿与愚人为伍。 She will rather fool with a bee than being with a fool.
一些独居的男人宁肯靠罐头食品过日子,也不愿自己烧饭吃。 Some men on their own will live out of tins rather than cook meals for themselves.
有人说布什因选举大会开得不好以及竞选方法不佳而受害。可是即使两者都做得较好,结果也将是一样。我想根本问题也不在于经济。 Some will say Mr. Bush was done in by a bad convention and a bad campaign. But if both had gone better the outcome would have been the same. And I don't think it all came down to the economy, either.
这旅馆既不宽敞也不舒服. The hotel is neither spacious nor comfortable.
人生,再好也不过是汪洋苦海罢了。 Life is, at best, a sea of trouble.
她对别人对她行为的多方谴责一点也不在乎。 She cares nothing about the condemnations of her action.
我宁愿在花园锄草,也不愿在运动场上跑来跑去。 I would rather hoe in the garden than run about on the playground.
向他投掷! 我谅你也不敢! Throw it at him! I dare you!
什麽也不能引诱我参军. Nothing would tempt me to join the army.
这孩子要有人督促, 否则她什麽也不干. One has to push the child or she will do no work at all.
“我们或许再也不能在湖里游泳了。"--“为什么不能呢?" "We may never swim in the lake again." --- "Why not?"
"如果他不努力,他将永远也不会实现有所成就的抱负。" "If he's lazy, he'll never fulfil his ambition to achieve anything."
那场运动后,自耕农再也不能拥有并在他们自己的土地上耕耘了。 The yeoman could never own and work on their land after the movement.
还是老生常谈的事: 谁都想让房子整洁, 可谁也不愿意亲自整理. It's the same old story: everybody wants the house tidy, but nobody wants to tidy it himself.
我对艺术一窍不通,我没见过什么大人物,我也不进好裁缝铺,这些全与我无缘。我不是出自他所认为的社会上层。 I don't know anything about art, and I haven't met any grand people, and I don't go to a good tailor, and all that, I'm not what he calls out of the top drawer.