GbEng
他有权威,但并不想控制别人。 He has authority, but he doesn't try to dominate others.
老板现在不想见她。 She's rather unpopular with the boss at the moment.
我再也不想到这个糟糕的地方来了. I have no intention of coming to this terrible place again!
那个新闻工作者不想透露消息提供人的身分。 The journalist did not want to reveal the identity of his informant.
我心情愁闷, 不想和任何人讲话。 I am out of spirits and don't want to speak to anyone.
史密斯先生不想因坚持按市价购进而失去做买卖的机会。 Mr Smith did not want to lose his market by sticking to having it at the market price.
你难道不想夸夸我的新帽子吗? Aren't you going to admire my new hat?
我今晚不想念书。 I don't feel like studying tonight.
这会儿我不想出去散步。 I don't feel like a walk just now.
我不想打架. I had no stomach for a fight.
她不想伤害孩子的感情。 She hesitated to hurt the child's feelings.
但它不想某些酒那样上头。 But it do not go to the head as some drinks do.
他很自私, 不想把汽车借给我. He's too selfish to think of lending me his car.
除了他的孙子之外, 这个老人谁也不想见。 The old man wanted to see nobody other than his grandson.
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week."
靠自己刻苦奋斗而后成功的人,其所完成的工作,没有一个好到令女性不想给他稍加修改的程度。 No self-making man ever do such a good job that some woman do not want to make a few alteration.
我还不想公开我那些会引起争论的观点,宁可暂且随大溜。 Not wanting to make my controversial view know yet, I preferred to follow the crowd for a while.
我们不想聘用没有经验的工人。 We don't want to hire inexperienced worker.
关于这一专题,我打算只讲一个概况;我不想详谈细节。 I propose to give only a general survey of the subject; I shall not go into details.
学校训练和工作训练之间的差距确实是英国制度方面的一个最大失败。“一般地说,学校不想了解任何与工作中的人们有关的情况,”海斯先生说。 The gap between school training and work training is, indeed, one of the greatest failures of the British system."In general schools don't want to know anything to do with the world at work, " says Mr Hayes.