Gb | Eng |
---|
你与其要他减价还不如求助于一棵树。 | You might as well ask the tree for help as request him to reduce the price. |
我躺下来与其说是要睡觉,倒不如说是要思考。 | I lay down not so much to sleep as to think. |
与其说她善良不如说她单纯。 | She is not so kind as simple. |
我与其嫁给他,倒不如去死算了。 | I may as well die as marry him. |
他是那么聪明,使我自愧不如。 | He's so clever, he makes me feel inferior. |
那是我以前最喜欢的饭馆,但近来烹饪水平已大不如前了。 | It used to be my favourite restaurant but the standard of cooking has fallen off recently. |
与其给折扣,不如减价。 | Better reduce the price than allow a discount. |
只知道一点点,不如完全不晓得。 | You might as well not know a thing at all as know it only a little. |
既然雨下得这么大,你与其离开倒不如待在这儿。 | Since it is raining hard, you may as well stay here as leave. |
学校教育的最大用处,与其说是教你事物,不如说是教你学习的方法。 | The great use of a school education is not so much to teach you things as to teach you the art of learning. |
他那么聪明,让我自愧不如。 | He's so clever, he makes me feel inferior. |
我们在整个冬季战役中始终不如对手. | We were outmanoeuvred and outfought throughout the winter campaign. |
一般认为像木工和烹饪之类的实用课程不如数学重要. | Practical lessons, like woodwork and cookery, are not considered as important as maths. |
【谚】与其补救于已然,不如防止于未然。 | Prevention is better than cure. |
经过这许多年月, 他的体力不如从前了. | His strength has diminished over the years. |
与其说是海洋分割这个世界,不如说是统一这个世界。 | The oceans do not so much divide the world as unite it. (=The oceans do not divide the world so much as unite it.) |
她的细致工作使得其余所有的人自愧不如。 | Her careful work put all the rest to shame. |
与其说成功在于运气不如说是辛勤努力。 | Success lies not so much as in luck as in hard work. |
与其说给人面包很有帮助,倒不如说教导他如何谋生才重要。 | It is not so helpful to give someone some bread as to teach him how to make a living. |
一个人的伟大与其说是由他的财富来判断,倒不如说是由他的品德来判断。 | One's greatness lies not so much in his wealth as in his character. |
唉,我看什么都不如偶尔受点挫折更能使你明白你是多么的幸运了。 | Ah well, I suppose there's nothing like an occasional setback to make you realize how lucky you really are. |
【谚】与其锈坏,不如用坏。 | Better to wear out than rust out. |
预防胜于治疗(治病不如防病)。 | Prevention is better than cure. |
【谚】与其夸夸其谈,不如埋头苦干。 | It is better to do well than to say well. |
风景不如你描述的那么好。 | The scene is nothing like what you described. |
您既然不能降价,那这笔交易不如就拉倒吧。 | Since you cannot reduce the price, we may call off the deal(business) as well. |
与其说他聪明倒不如说他勤奋。 | He is not so clever as diligent. |
与其撤约还不如延期装运。 | Better to postpone the shipment than to cancel the contract. |
他在气力方面和我相等, 但在智力方面却不如我。 | He equals me in strength but not in intelligence. |
虽然事情进行得不如意, 玛丽还是继续尝试。 | Though things went against Mary, she went on trying. |
许多医生推荐含有丰富食物纤维的天然食物,因为它有助于防止便秘,以取代万不得已而使用的泻药。原因显而易见-治病总是不如防病。 | Many doctors prefer a natural food, rich in dietary fibre, which will help you to avoid constipation, rather than having to resort to purgatives. The reason is obvious-prevention is always better than cure. |
|