Gb | Eng |
---|
父辈应当被尊重。 | A sire should be respected. |
她一辈子搞戏剧。 | She is been in the theater all her life. |
她讲了一辈子中文。 | She has spoken Chinese all her life. |
我伯伯威廉上周去世了,他享年90岁奋斗一辈子了。 | My Uncle William passed away last week; he was ninety, and game to the end. |
老一辈的各类人都在那里. | Many representatives of the older generation were there. |
你应该对长辈和上级尊重些. | You should show greater respect for your elders and betters. |
他用长辈的口气劝告年轻的同事. | He adopts an avuncular tone of voice when giving advice to junior colleagues. |
我这一代人和我父辈及祖辈表现不同. | My generation behaves differently from my father's and grandfather's. |
世界性的饥饿问题是个极其难以解决的问题,我恐怕人们在我这一辈子都找不出解决的办法。 | The question of world hunger is a very hard nut to crack. I doubt if we'll find the answer to it in my lifetime. |
他一辈子都住在这里。 | He all lives here all one's life. |
女老前辈一个团体中最年长或地位最高的女性 | A woman who is the eldest or senior member of a group. |
他把一辈子的积蓄保藏在一口旧箱子里. | He's got his life savings stashed (away) in an old suitcase. |
新上任的警察局长很快就让人感觉到他不是平庸之辈。他的主张一付诸实施镇里犯罪情况就少多了。 | The new chief police officer quickly made his presence felt, and there was much less crime in the town after his ideas were put into practice. |
你能甘心一辈子失业吗? | Could you reconcile yourself to a lifetime of unemployment? |
也许我这么说可以更清楚一点:老一辈人一般都是保守的。 | Perhaps I can make that clearer by saying the older generation is generally conservative. |
|