Gb | Eng |
---|
我们只好放弃汽车。 | We'll have to dispense with a car. |
我只好解释原因来满足他的好奇心。 | I had to explain the reasons to satisfy his curiosity. |
因为缺乏一名运动员我们只好叫这个小男孩做我们的队员。 | In the default of one player we have to take the little boy as our team member. |
我们要是买不起汽车, 也就只好不用(汽车)了. | If we can't afford a car, we'll just have to do without (one). |
我那趟班机误点了, 我只好看书消磨时间[打发了两小时]. | My flight was delayed, so I killed time/killed two hours reading a book. |
既然你坚持,我就只好修改信用证。 | Since you insist, I must amend the letter of credit. |
我们时间很紧, 只好胡乱吃了顿小吃. | We were in a hurry so we had to make do with a quick snack. |
我们不必争论已经决定的事--只好听他的. | Let's not argue the toss we have to accept his choice. |
兴建新剧院的计画因资金短缺只好搁置起来. | The plans for a new theatre have had to be shelved because of lack of money. |
这家剧院光顾者寡只好关闭。 | The theatre has had to close for lack of support. |
我们只好匆忙找套房子--没有时间挑选了. | We had to find a flat in a hurry there was no time to pick and choose. |
那种新汽车因有机械缺陷只好撤出市场. | The new car had to be withdrawn from the market because of a mechanical defect. |
教堂里太挤了,所以只好用电器设备向人转播礼拜仪式。 | The church was crowded, so electrical machinery was used to relay the service out to the people. |
这里的膳宿供应也许不见得完全令人满意,但是我们只好随遇而安。 | The accommodation may not be all that we should like, but we shall have to make the best of it. |
他损失了所有的钱, 只好再从头做起. | He lost all his money and had to start again completely from scratch. |
我们只好等等看, 现在无能为力. | We shall just have to wait and see; there's nothing we can do at the moment. |
我因有约在先, 所以只好谢绝你的邀请. | I shall have to refuse your invitation because of a prior engagement. |
如果他们拒绝很快地作出诚心诚意的道歉,我们只好起诉了。 | If they refuse to make heart-felt apologies soon we will have to bring an action against them. |
聚会进行到一半,我太太发病了,我们只好赶紧离开。 | Halfway through the party my wife become ill and we have to leave in short order. |
遇有急用时, 我们只好动用积蓄. | If it comes to the push, we shall have to use our savings. |
遇有急用时,我们只好动用积蓄。 | If it come to the push, we shall have to use our savings. |
弹钢琴的人把乐谱忘了, 只好即兴伴奏. | The pianist forgot his music and had to improvise (the accompaniment). |
我们无能为力, 只好不安地坐 等候宣布结果. | There was nothing more we could do, so we just had to sit and sweat it out until the result was announced. |
|