Gb | Eng |
---|
休息一下对你会有好处的。 | It'll do you good to have a rest. |
想像一下你又有钱, 又有名的情况. | Imagine yourself (to be) rich and famous. |
万一下雨的话,我们也许得改变计画。 | If the day turns out wet we may have to change our plans. |
我想进村林子里去凉快一下 | I'm going into the wood to cool off. |
我想讲一下这首诗的意义。 | I want to bring out the meaning of the poem. |
他在我背上拍了一下,请我去喝酒。 | He gave me a clap on the back and invited me for a drink. |
她拥抱了一下儿子,然后让他上床睡觉。 | She give her son a hug and put him to bed. |
电影导演测试了一下那位新演员的演技。 | The film director put the new actor through his paces. |
先让我烤烤火暖和一下,然后我们开始谈话。 | Just give me a minute to thaw out in front of the fire, then we can talk. |
汽车停止时震动了一下。 | The car stopped with a jolt. |
他们跟她开玩笑, 把她往游泳池里浸了一下. | They dunked her in the swimming-pool as a joke. |
咱们考虑一下搬家的利弊吧。 | Let's consider the pluses and minuses of moving house. |
每次她动一下腿,就发出一声呻吟。 | Each time she moved her leg, she let out a moan. |
木匠量了一下棚屋的尺寸, 立刻估计出它的大小。 | The carpenter ran his ruler over the shed and sized it up at once. |
我能试穿一下吗? | May I try it on? |
请你拼一下你的姓好吗? | Would you please spell your last name? |
请你为我翻译一下好吗? | Would you please interpret for me? |
游完泳后你愿意放松一下吗? | Would you like to have some relaxation after swimming? |
谁自愿来帮忙收拾一下这些盘子? | Can I have a volunteer to wash the dishes? |
把你们的学习室收拾一下,孩子们,"妈妈说,"你们把所有的书都弄得乱七八糟的了。" | "Tidy up your study, kids, "Mother said, "all your books are in a muddle." |
试一下不会有什么坏处的。 | No harm can come of trying. |
猜一下答案。 | Make a guess at the answer. |
她被针扎了一下。 | She pricked herself on a needle. |
她感到头皮上被扎了一下. | She felt a pricking on her scalp. |
咱们迟到了, 我必须催你一下. | We're late; I must hurry you. |
没带雨衣那就避一下雨. | Do keep out of the rain if you haven't a coat. |
我的手指叫针给扎了一下. | I gave my finger a prick with a needle. |
她的眼睛扫视了一下那个房间。 | Her eyes swept the room. |
比较一下这些三角形的面积. | Compare the areas of these triangles. |
让我们深入考虑一下这件事。 | Let's pore deeply on the matter. |
我建议你打听一下这项工作。 | I recommend that you inquire about the job. |
把发生的事情尽可能仔细地回忆一下. | Try to recall (to mind) exactly what happened. |
他们扬言要一下子取消整个项目. | They threatened to cancel the whole project at a stroke. |
我修改一下计划以便和你的计划相适应. | I will accommodate my plans to yours. |
我想征求一下你对这个计划的建议。 | I should like to ask for your advice about the plan? |
不要一下子全吃光留下一些以后再吃。 | Don't eat them all at once; save some for later. |
查一下火车时刻表中下一趟车的时间. | Look up the time of the next train in the timetable. |
在这一测验中你与专家较量一下技巧吧。 | Match your skill against the experts in this quiz. |
警察让我描述一下这事是怎样发生的。 | The police asked me to describe exactly how it happened. |
她紧张地咽了一下,似乎那问题把她难住了。 | She gulped nervously, as if the question bothered her. |
我最诚恳地请求你重新考虑一下你的立场. | I conjure you most earnestly to reconsider your position. |
他一下子就猜中了谜底. | He got the answer to the riddle as quick as a flash. |
他点燃一支香烟,镇定一下情绪。 | He lit a cigarette in order to calm his mind. |
咱们去参观一下这个地方,譬如说明天或是后天去。 | Let's go and visit the place, say tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. |
警察因麦克超速行驶而将他拦下,但警告了他一下就将他放了。 | The police stopped Mike for speeding but let him off with a caution. |
我们当初若是稍微再多考虑一下, 也许就能买到我们真正想要的房子了. | With a little more forethought we could have bought the house we really wanted. |
稍微向上挪一下. | Move up a bit. |
她用伞捅了那男子一下。 | She gave the man a prod with her umbrella. |
她在姑姑的脸颊上匆匆吻了一下。 | She gave her aunt a quick peck on the cheek. |
她用力咽了一下唾液, 转身面对那个控告她的人. | She swallowed hard, and turned to face her accuser. |
我们用了一下午的时间逛商店, 疲惫不堪地逛了一家又一家. | We spent the afternoon traipsing from one shop to another. |
她仅超过年龄限制一天,因此组织者通融了一下,接受她入会。 | She was only one day over the age limit so the organizers bent the rules and accepted her entry. |
我要把原有的油漆全部铲去,并要涂上新的内涂层和上光剂。我要彻底地干一下,决不马马虎虎。 | I want all the existing paint stripped off and new undercoat and gloss applied. I want a thorough job, with no half measures. |
关于这个问题,你能指点我一下吗? | Can you enlighten me on this subject? |
我脑子一下子记不住这麽多信息. | My brain can't hold so much information at one time. |
我不太明白,你能再解释一下吗? | I didn't quite follow; could you explain it again? |
你能给我形容一下那个窃贼的模样吗? | Can you give me a description of the thief? |
我们何不开瓶香槟酒庆祝一下呢? | Why don't we crack open a bottle of champagne to celebrate? |
好好收拾一下的确会使房子焕然一新. | A good clean will really freshen (up) the house. |
我稍微整理了一下思路, 然後回答说.... | After a few seconds to unscramble my thoughts, I replied... |
对不起打扰一下, 请问去车站怎麽走? | I'm sorry to bother you, but could you tell me the way to the station? |
还好。顺便问一下,你母亲怎么样?她好吗? | Not bad. By the way, how is your mother? Is she all right? |
他在漆黑的电影院里被什么人的脚绊了一下,差点儿摔倒了。 | He tripped over someone's foot in the darkened cinema and almost fell. |
我以为能负担得起那费用, 後来认真估算了一下才知道过於昂贵. | I thought I could afford it, then I costed it out properly and found it was too expensive. |
我没有真正地看过这本书,只是浏览了一下看是关于什么的罢了。 | I haven't read the book properly, I just flipped through it to see what it was like. |
我们把旅客登记簿翻了一下,发现我们的采购员三天前就已登记了。 | Looking through the reception book of the hotel we found our purchasing agent had booked in three days before. |
万一下雨,他们就不能去了。 | In case of rain, they can't go. |
你看来累了. 你需要好好休息一下. | You look tired. You need a good rest. |
我们要面对面的研究一下这种情况。 | We must discuss the situation eyeball to eyeball. |
这地板需要好好清扫一下。 | This floor needs a good sweep. |
既然有空,我可以享受一下音乐。 | Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while. |
年轻的军官一心取胜,他并不害怕与自己的将军比试一下。 | He was so vain and reckless that he would break a lance or two with his general. |
火花塞要清理一下了. | The sparking-plugs need cleaning. |
他用拳头猛击了一下桌子. | He struck the table a heavy blow with his fist. |
他这样做时,指头微微颤动了一下。 | His fingers trembled while doing so. |
把嘴张大,让我看一下你的喉咙。 | Open your mouth wide so that I can look at your throat. |
护士在缝合伤口前先清洁一下伤口。 | The nurse cleansed the wound before stitching it. |
在火上一下子添上很多煤, 反而能把火闷死. | If you put too much coal on the fire at once you'll smother it. |
车厢间隔里没有别人, 我正好能伸胳膊伸腿舒坦一下. | Since there was no one else in the compartment I was able to spread myself. |
很遗憾要打扰你一下,我想问问我们什么时候能聊聊。 | I'm sorry to trouble you, but I wondered if we could have a word some time. |
把汤搅拌一下. | Give the soup a stir. |
把沙司搅拌一下以免结块。 | Stir the sauce to prevent it lumping. |
我可以量一下您的尺寸吗? | Can I take your measurements? |
我们把讨论的要点归纳一下好吗? | Could we have a run-through of the main points discussed? |
您能为我们考察一下市场前景吗? | Can you explore the market possibility for us? |
去伦敦之前,我必须好好温习一下英文。 | I must brush up my English before I go to London. |
公司经过几年的迅速发展之後, 该整顿一下了. | The time has come for the firm to consolidate after several years of rapid expansion. |
先生,你要不要试穿一下这件夹克衫,看看尺寸是否合适? | Would you like to try this jacket on for size, sir? |
`我们变动一下计划好吗?'`不行, 我们要按原计划行事.' | `Shall we change the plan?' `No dice, we'll stick with the original one.' |
草案准备好了。请审核一下细节内容,看看是否全部条款都合适好吗? | The draft is prepared. Will you please check the particulars and see if everything is all right? |
他在那高低不平的地面上才走了几步,就被绊了一下,直挺挺地跌趴在地上。 | He had not gone many steps before he stumbled on the uneven ground and fell flat on his face. |
在大多数的主要交叉路口,都有一幅街道(朗巴德街、俄亥俄街、市场街等等)的详图刻在人行道的石头上。只要你低头看一下,就知道自己所在的位置了。 | At most of the important crossings there is a plan of the streets(Lombard Street; Ohio Street; Market Street; and so on)cut into the stone of the sidewalk so that you can look down and see where you are. |
请把这个问题给我讲解一下. | Please explain this problem to me. |
那个有毛病的电灯开关把我电了一下. | I got an electric shock from that faulty light switch. |
他买了那个新产品想试用一下。 | He bought the new product to give it a trial. |
我登台演出前总要温习一下台词. | I always run over my lines before going on stage. |
这种坏事不是一下能扫除干净的。 | Such evil practice cannot be swept away at once. |
一下起雨来, 观众就纷纷找地方躲避. | The spectators scurried for shelter as soon as it began to rain. |
一下起雨来,观众就纷纷找地方躲避。 | The spectators scuttled for shelter when it began to rain. |
利息一下降给公司带来了一个新的问题。 | Falling interest rates present the firm with a new problem. |
今年我们忙得要命--我需要有一段假期放松一下. | This year has been frantically busy for us I need a holiday just to wind down. |
我们先把这件事仔细研究一下,再把它列入议事日程。 | Let's thrash the matter over before putting it on the agenda. |
我想了解一下贵方是否继续引进先进技术和成套工厂设备。 | I wonder whether you will go on import some advanced technology and complete plant. |
我知道你不喜欢他,但你至少要照顾一下面子去参加他公司的开典仪式。 | I know you didn't like him, but at least have the decency to go to his opening ceremony of the company. |
我每天尽量腾出一些时间锻炼一下身体. | I try to set aside a few minutes each day to do some exercises. |
你最好变换一下饮食,不要总吃同样的东西。 | It's better to vary your diet rather than eat the same things all the time. |
菜要择, 汤要加热. 还得摆上餐具, 把酒冰镇一下. | There are the vegetables to peel and the soup to heat. Then there's the table to lay and the wine to cool. |
我想把的房子扩建一下,但我的抵押已经全部用完,因此我不得不搁数年再说了。 | I would like to build an extension to my house, but I'm up to the hilt on my mortgage so I'll have to leave it a few years. |
他在我腹部撞了一下。 | He gave me a butt on the stomach. |
他淫荡地对她眨了一下眼。 | He gave her a lewd wink. |
他跌倒了,膝盖重重撞了一下。 | He fell and banged his knee. |
你用手电筒照一下这抽屉里面。 | Shine your torch into the drawer. |
我希望你们权衡一下一切利弊。 | I want you to consider all the pros and cons. |
那头凶猛的狮子一下子就挣脱了锁链。 | The fierce lion burst free from the chains. |
让我们来检查一下浆果,把梗和叶子拣掉。 | Let's pick the berries over for stems and leaves. |
他感慨万千,用力握了一下她的手,离开了她。 | Overcome with emotion, he pressed her hand and left her. |
锅炉内壁要洗刷一下,除去钙质沉淀物。 | The boilers will have to be scoured out to remove the calcium deposits. |
哦,对不起。允许我更正一下,这件古董绝对是真的。 | Oh, I'm sorry, but if I may correct you, this is absolutely real. |
我是抱着把正反两方面的意见都掂量一下的愿望探讨这个问题的。 | I have approached this subject with a desire to weigh the pros and cons connected with it. |
我并非真的想同我儿子打一场艰苦的网球赛,因此就敷衍了一下,让他赢了前两局。 | I didn't really want to play a hard game of tennis with my son, so I went through the motions and let him win the first two sets. |
当飞机上的灯一下子熄灭时,旅客显得很紧张,但当机长告诉他们这只不过是一次电气故障,很快就会修好时,他们才放下心来。 | The passengers became alarmed when the lights went out on the plane, but the captain put their minds at rest when he told them it was only a minor electrical fault and it would soon be repaired. |
她踌躇了一下,然後继续走。 | She hesitated and walked on. |
你把这些靴子好好擦一下好吗? | Would you put a good shine on these boots? |
他停顿了一下然後继续讲话. | He paused for a moment, and then continued his speech. |
她掐了他(胳膊)一下, 把他叫醒. | She gave him a pinch (on the arm) to wake him up. |
附带说一下,约翰下星期要回家。 | Incidentally, John's coming home next week. |
在克丽丝汀欺骗了他後,比尔评估一下现状。 | Bill take stock of the situation after Christine cheat on him. |
我们得把申请书仔细筛选一下以甄别优劣. | We have to sift through the application forms very carefully to separate the wheat from the chaff. |
哦!对了!我为什么不到学校的就业咨询处去查询一下呢。 | Oh, well why do not I check out the campus employment office? |
国外游客都想访问一下缆车的终点站——渔民之埠。 | Fisherman's Wharf, a place all foreigners want to see, is at the end of the ride. |
我应该先审慎打探一下这家公司的底细, 然後您再签字. | I should make a few discreet enquires about the firm before you sign anything. |
我试图将账目核实一下,但变更或销掉账目实在太多,真是令人头痛。 | I tried to check the accounts but there are so many entries altered or crossed out that it makes one's mind boggle. |
回想一下工人阶级生活的一些惯例:就拿衣服来说,坚持穿最好的衣服。 | Recall for a moment some of the routines of working-class life; as to clothes, the persistence of the Sunday suit. |
|