GbEng
财务上出现问题延误了我们的建设计画。 Financial problems have set back our building programme.
财务董事派人带话说,她因不能出席会议而向大家道歉。 The Finance Director sends her apology and is unable to attend the meeting.
销售开始下跌,公司财务不久便出现赤字,他们只得把那幢大楼卖掉。 Sales began to drop and the company was soon in the red. They had to sell the building.
显然,美国运通在罗宾逊离开以后将成为较小的公司。可能出售它的希尔森·里曼兄弟公司,放弃成为“财务超级市场”的梦想。公司的作风也可能改变-从一个贵族和官僚作风的帝国变成一个较为实事求是的公司。 Clearly, AmEx will be a smaller company in the post-Robinson era. It is likely to sell its Shearson Lehman Brothers division, giving up dreams of becoming a"financial supermarket." Company culture, too, may change, from an aristocratic and bureaucratic empire to a company that is more down to earth.
我们(在财务上)受到一些严重挫折. We suffered some serious (financial) reverses.
他说他的工会——运输工会504分会——历年来在合约上做了“极大的让步”以协助泛美[航空公司]纾解财务困难。“结果全然没用,”他哀伤地说。 He said his union, Local504 of the Transport Workers Union, made"massive contract givebacks" over the years to help Pan Am with its financial troubles."It was all to no avail, " he lamented.
我职掌财务。 I am in charge of financial affairs.
我们遇到一些财务困难。 We met some financial embarrassment.
我们应该密切注意财务问题. We must take a hard look at our finances.
按我目前的财务状况我是不可能买车的。 My present finances preclude the possibility of buying a car.