Gb | Eng |
---|
我们必须避免无谓的重复劳动. | We must avoid wasteful duplication of effort. |
她那些所谓的朋友对她的影响很坏. | Those so-called friends of hers are a bad influence on her. |
他们全家除他以外头发都是红的. 正所谓有例外才证明有规律嘛. | All his family have red hair except him. He is the exception which proves the rule. |
他对所谓的流行歌曲很感兴趣。 | He is very interested in what are called popular songs. |
他搜集以前的作品,编成了所谓的五经。 | He gathered earlier writings to prepare what are called the Five Classics. |
这种所谓的大减价不过是个骗局! | This so-called bargain is just a con! |
所谓的叛徒均已(从队伍中)清洗出去. | So-called traitors were purged (from their ranks). |
我花了50英镑在商场上买了一件所谓的便宜瓷器,结果却是一文不值。我只得把此事引以为训。 | I paid fifty pounds in the market for a so-called bargain piece of porcelain which turned out to be worthless; I'll just have to chalk it up to experience. |
他那副样子可谓是苦难的典型。 | He looked the personification of misery. |
我带你出去用餐, 花费多少都无所谓. | I'm going to take you out to dinner, no expense spared. |
你愿意告诉谁就告诉谁--对我来说都无所谓. | Tell whoever you like it makes no difference to me. |
因为选举结果多已公布, 可谓大局已定. | Now that most of the election results have been declared, it's all over bar the shouting. |
镇上有些所谓的娱乐, 但与城里的截然不同. | The town offers entertainments of a kind, but nothing like what you'll find in the city. |
不管你怎麽说(对我来说)都无所谓, 反正我不去. | It makes no difference (to me) what you say: I'm not going. |
他总是含糊至极,写出的东西可谓“模棱两可”。 | He is vague as may be; writing in what is called the"soaped-pig" fashion. |
贝尔的父亲甚至为聋人发明了一套所谓的“可见的语言”。 | Bell's father had even gone so far as to develop a system of so-called"visible speech" for the deaf. |
承包合同批给了总会计师的朋友, (可谓)各有好处、 串通一气. | The contract went to a friend of the chief accountant: it's (a case of) you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. |
形而上学,等于为我们本能地相信的东西找寻无谓的理由。 | Metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe on instinct. |
指实现后台处理。所谓后台处理是指非联机处理,或者说不是直接和计算机连接起来而进行联机操作。优先级高的程序先于特定的后台作业执行。 | Performing background processing which is not on-line or directly connected to the computer for on-line operation. High priority programs take precedence over specific background jobs. |
她很聪明, 可谓才智超人. | Her intelligence seems almost superhuman. |
你们无谓将友情保密--其实已尽人皆知了. | It's pointless trying to keep your friendship secret it's common knowledge already. |
我已决心应该让我的孩子们在他们的父亲的宗教里抚养成人,倘使他们能够了解何谓“宗教”的话。 | I am determined my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it be. |
|