Gb | Eng |
---|
那顿饭简直好极了。 | That meal was simply divine! |
我真是累极了,简直可以睡上一整天。 | I'm so tired I could sleep for a whole day. |
我总是分不出这对姐妹, 她们看上去简直一模一样. | I always confuse the sisters: they look so alike. |
想在这样大的暴风雪中去爬山简直是疯狂。 | It would be madness to try to climb the mountain in such a snowstorm. |
天文学家现在能看到的星星的数目,多得简直令人头晕目眩。 | The number of stars now visible to the astronomers makes one's brain reel. |
奶奶简直不能相信这事。 | Grandma could hardly believe it. |
那简直是浪费时间和精力. | It's a waste of time and energy. |
临近终点时,那几匹马齐头并进,简直分不出先后。 | As the horses raced towards the finishing post, there was nothing in it. |
这样浪费金钱简直是罪恶。 | It's a wicked waste of money. |
他们的谈判简直就是一场荒唐的笑剧,因为他们的领导们早就作出决定了。 | Their negotiations were a farce since their leaders had already made the decision. |
在远庄园欢度周末,使弗雷德和我极感高兴,我简直不知道眼前还有什么其他事情能比得上它。 | I can't think of anything Fred and I would enjoy more right now than a weekend at Far Acres. |
我简直无法叫她说话. | I can't get her to talk at all. |
假期简直是一晃而过。 | The holidays simply sped by. |
他是那样急躁,我简直拉他不住。 | He was so impatient that I could hardly hold him back. |
我没有秘书简直一筹莫展. | I simply can't get along without a secretary. |
你简直动人极了, 亲爱的! | You look simply divine, darling! |
你对合唱团毫无益处--你简直唱不成调! | You're no use in the choir you cant sing a note! |
这个宝石的价格十分昂贵--简直是个天文数字。 | The price of this gem is expensive -- as much so as astronomical figures. |
我发觉他的所作所为(不负责任)到了简直令人难以置信的地步. | I find his behaviour (irresponsible) beyond belief. |
唉!可怜的公爵!他担负的工作简直是数沙饮海;一个人站在他一边作战,就有1000人转身逃走。 | Alas, poor duke! the task he undertakes is numbering sands, and drinking oceans dry: Where one on his side fights, thousands will fly. |
我不应该雇用他们--简直是一群外行. | I shouldn't employ them they're just a bunch of amateurs. |
这位女秘书一心忙于勾引新来的经理,简直未觉察到办公室里人人都在暗中笑她。 | The secretary was so busy getting her hooks into the new manager, that she hardly noticed that everyone in the office was laughing at her. |
他的怪衣裳简直笑死人。 | His weird clothes really gas me. |
那个孩子不调皮捣蛋简直就受不了. | That child seems incapable of keeping out of (ie not getting into) mischief. |
在那之后,简直拦不住他,他觉得该是放弃原有的工作而全力以赴当作家谋生的时候了。 | After that, there was no holding him, and the day came when he felt he could chuck his job and to all out to make a living as writer. |
|