Gb | Eng |
---|
她无疑是本市最好的律师。 | She is easily the best lawyer in the city. |
练习开始前,你最好设定一个目标。 | You'd better set a goal before you start the drill. |
既然你无法回答这个问题,我们最好再问问别人。 | Since you can't answer the question, perhaps we'd better ask someone else. |
【谚】东也好,西也好,还是家最好。 | East or west, home is best. |
什么是解决这个问题的最好方法? | What's the best way to tackle this problem? |
你最好听听我要说些什么。 | You had better hear what I'll say. |
就英语作文而言,练习是最好的方法。 | So far as English composition is concerned, practice is the best way. |
碎骨是最好的肥料之一。 | Crushed bones make one of the best fertilizers. |
采取任何你认为最好的措施。 | Take whatsoever measures you consider best. |
你最好替我们去问问有没有房间。 | You had better see about rooms for us. |
大家认为最好暂时放弃这个想法。 | It was thought best to drop the idea for the time being. |
你最好不要碰这些衣服,好避免传染病。 | You'd better not touch these coats to avoid contagion. |
无限的耐心使她成为这个医院最好的护士。 | Her endless patience made her the best nurse in the hospital. |
一个学生犯了错误不要光去责备他,我们最好帮助他改正错误。 | Instead of railing at a student for his mistakes, we had better help him to correct them. |
信中夹钞票最好寄挂号. | It's wise to register letters containing banknotes. |
据说法国人是世界上最好的园丁。 | It is said that the Frenchman may be the best gardener in the world. |
最好的队员都投奔大俱乐部去了,留给他们这些不怎么样的球员。 | The best players have gone off to the big clubs, leaving them the dross. |
我们最好在树篱下躲一躲等雨停。 | We had better get under the lee of the hedge until the rain stops. |
我看最好还是给你做些化验。 | I think we'd better give you a few test. |
最好保持冷静。 | The best thing is to keep cool. |
最好是不服用药物自然入睡。 | It is better to sleep naturally than taking medicine. |
你最好给电线裹上绝缘胶布。 | You'd better put some insulating tape on electric wires. |
弱者被逼太甚,也会进行抗争,你最好还是给她一条出路。 | Even a worm will turn. You had better give her a way out. |
你可曾想到被你最好的朋友出卖? | Did it ever occur to you to be betrayed by your best friend? |
可能下雨--你最好带把伞, 以防万一(下起来). | It may rain you'd better take an umbrella (just) in case (it does). |
这个男孩非常机灵,是我最好的徒弟—任何东西我只需教他一遍就行了。 | He's as clever as paint, that boy, and the best apprentice I ever had—I never had to show or tell him anything more than once. |
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" | "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week." |
雨伞在冬季最好卖. | Umbrellas sell best in winter. |
最好的导体是银,铜居第二。 | The best conductor is silver. Copper comes next. |
你最好不要冒险投资这么多。 | You had better not invest so much money at your peril. |
他最好发奋图强,否则会失去工作。 | He had better clean up his act, or he will be out of a job. |
如果我们想准时到达那里,我们最好加快速度。 | We'd better speed up if we want to get there in time. |
他的书对这一问题的论述是最好的,仅次于我的书。 | His book is the best on the subject after mine. |
你最好把我的书给我,否则我的测验将要不及格了。 | You'd better give me my book, otherwise I'll fail my test. |
没有任何指示,我只能按我认为最好的方法去做了。 | Failing instructions I did what I thought was best. |
即便是在管理最好的家庭,事故有时也会发生的。 | Accidents sometimes happen even in the best regulated families. |
那个德国姑娘在100米比赛中刷新了自己以往最好的成绩. | The German girl improved on her previous best performance in the 100 metres. |
他最好的乐曲创作灵感来自怀念他的母亲。 | His best music was inspired by the memory of his mother. |
如果领子不牢稳,你最好用别针把它别住。 | If the collar won't stay in place, you'd better pin it back. |
你最好变换一下饮食,不要总吃同样的东西。 | It's better to vary your diet rather than eat the same things all the time. |
孩子们经常有他们自己的天地,你最好不要干涉他们的事。 | Children are often in a world by themselves. You'd better not interfere in their business. |
他为他的案子聘了该州最好的律师。 | He retained the best lawyer in the state to defend his case. |
在聚会上, 你最好同你的对手和睦相处。 | It is better to be at peace with your rivals at the party. |
大多数人都以他们最好的朋友的自卑感为乐。 | Most people enjoy the inferiority of their best friend. |
他们聘请了能请到的最好的律师为他们陈述案情. | They employed the best lawyer they could get to plead their case. |
贝蒂穿着最好的服装来参加聚会,她理所当然地引起了广泛的注意。 | Betty came to the party dressed to kill and she certainly was the center of attention. |
巴鲁克先生讲述了他所认为的禁止抽鸦片烟的最好方法,大家都热烈赞同。 | Mr Baruch stated what he thought the best method of suppressing opium smoking and the people heartily entered into his views. |
她要买店里最好的水果而(跟店主)讨价还价. | She dickered (with the shopkeeper) for the best fruit. |
他以为他的构思最好,可是还是差了一点;它只得了二等奖。 | He thought his idea was the best, but it was a near miss; it only won second prize. |
回想一下工人阶级生活的一些惯例:就拿衣服来说,坚持穿最好的衣服。 | Recall for a moment some of the routines of working-class life; as to clothes, the persistence of the Sunday suit. |
|