Gb | Eng |
---|
人家告诉我她很可爱,可是她根本不是那样。 | People had told me she was very pleasant but she's nothing of the kind. |
在我国, 一般人家里没有集中供热设备. | People don't have central heating in their houses in my country. |
人家不看使用说明书, 我又有什麽办法呢? | Can I help it (ie Is it my fault) if people don't read the instructions? |
我不喜欢人家盯著瞧我. | I don't like being stared at. |
你愿意人家盯著你看吗? | Do you like being stared at? |
切勿追逐自己的帽子——人家会乐意为你追回来的嘛,何必去扫人家的兴。 | Never run after your own hat—others will be delighted to do it; why spoil their fun. |
对着英、美的一般大众当萧伯纳(挖苦人家),总比对着自己的家人当萧伯纳来得容易。 | It's easier to be a Bernard Shaw to the British or American public than it is to be a Bernard Shaw to your own family. |
人家让我挪动了车子。 | I was made to move my car. |
他讨厌人家影射他秃顶. | He resents any allusion to his baldness. |
一位绅士无论发生什么都不应对人家生气。 | A gentleman should not be down on others whatever happens. |
雅典人不介意人家聪明伶俐,只要他只对他自己施展那份聪明伶俐的劲儿就行了。 | The Athenians do not mind a man being clever, as long as he keeps it to himself. |
她(一点都)不喜欢人家说她丰满. | She didn't take (at all) kindly to being called plump. |
|