GbEng
目前的情况不得再继续下去了. The present state of affairs cannot be allowed to go on.
我一刻也不能再呆下去了。 I can't stay any longer.
群众高声喊叫把演讲人的声音压了下去。 The crowd shouted the speaker down.
我认为这些有趣的旧习俗应该保存下去。 I think these interesting old customs should be preserved.
我大声打了个呵欠,可他还是不停地讲下去。 I gave a loud yawn, but he just kept on talking.
陪审团的全体成员,你们现在必须退下去考虑应如何裁决。 Members of the jury, you must now retire to consider your verdict.
这个政治家发现饥饿的孩子们可怜的哭声让人不忍心听下去。 The politician found the piteous cries of the starving children unbearable.
父亲想到乡下去,可是孩子们吵着要去海滨。 Father wanted to go to the country, but the children were whooping it up for the beach.
你在那不停的噪声中怎麽能工作得下去呀? How can you continue to work/continue working with all that noise going on?
我们顺著草坡滑下去. We slid down the grassy slope.
他当初的积极性已淡下去了. His original enthusiasm has turned sour.
钢笔从我指缝中滑下去了。 The pen slips out of my fingers.
他使劲儿把食物咽下去, 嘴唇都扭曲起来. His lips worked as he tried to swallow the food.
有人从背后向我猛然一击,我重重地倒了下去。 Someone hit me from behind and I fell like a ton of bricks.
假如我再容忍你下去的话,我可能会一步步退化至成为老婆也未可知。 If I continue to endure you a little longer, I may by degrees dwindle into a wife.
有些工程师认为,既然为这一系统起作用已付出如此巨大的努力,明智的做法是短期内将这项工作继续下去,而不是从头再来。 Some engineers take the view that since so much effort has been put into making this system work it would be sensible in the short term to continue the same line rather than start afresh.
水汨汨地从塞孔中流下去. The water gurgled as it ran down the plug-hole.
他跳下去的时候扭伤了足踝。 He gave a wrench to his ankle when he jumped down.
那个东西掉在潮湿的沙子上, 然後沉了下去. It fell onto the wet sand, then sank (in).
船翻身沉了下去。 The ship rolled over and sank.
起初,我们没有现成的技术资料,但也设法照样干下去了。 At first, no ready technical data were available, but we managed to go without.
警方把暴乱镇压了下去. The police succeeded in quelling the riot.
她忍气吞声地继续进行下去。 She swallowed her anger and carried on.
脚下一滑就可能从悬崖上跌下去. One slip and you could fall off the cliff.
你如果老是这样下去,早晚要倒霉的。 If you carry on like this you'll come in for it sooner or later.
舞台灯光暗了下去, 这出戏的第一幕结束了. The stage lights (were) dimmed, and the play's first act was over.
这样无聊的读物你怎能看得下去! How can you bear to read such pap!
食物吞下去之前先要细细咀嚼。 You must chew your food well before you swallow it.
别为我担心,只管进行下去。 Don't worry about me. Just carry on.
你必须留心脚下才不会跌下去。 You must watch your step so as not to fall down.
你如果把工作坚持下去,最终会取得成功的。 If you persevere with work, you'll succeed in the end.
但是我们不必象对待其他矿藏那样把人送下去将油取出。 But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits.
城市遭到轰炸时, 儿童都疏散到乡下去了. The children were evacuated to the country when the city was being bombed.
现售货物;现在正在衰老下去的独裁者 Goods now on sale; the now aging dictator.
于是,村办学校继续办下去,至少暂时能这样,让我们为现在的职员高呼万岁! So the village school stays open, for the time being at least, and long live our present incumbent.