GbEng
他爷爷快七十岁了。 His grandfather is nearly seventy.
我爷爷在旧社会死于饥饿。 My grandpa died of hunger in the old days.
代我向玛丽、约翰,尤其向爷爷问好。 Give my regards to Mary, John and by especial to Grandpa.
我躺在床上回想王大爷给我讲的那番话。 I lay in bed and recalled the things Uncle Wang had told me.
老天爷好像成心捉弄人,很多人前来看比赛却偏偏下起瓢泼大雨。 Ironically, most people came to watch the match on the day it poured with rain.
爷爷,你装个妖怪! Be a monster, grandfather!
碰到这样容易的考卷, 那是老天爷的恩赐. To have such an easy examination paper was a gift from the gods.
这一切都是如此;但这件事的重要性如何呢,老爷? All this is so; but what of this, my lord?
高傲的,贵族的以符合老爷或作为老爷的尊贵的、高贵的方式的或具之特点的 In a dignified, noble fashion befitting or characteristic of a lord.
"我给孩子吃药的,大人,"姑娘哽咽地说,"老天爷作证,我并没有害人之心。" "I gave the baby the medicine, your honour, " sobbed the girl. "But as God is my witness, I meant no harm."
道格培里:老爷,弗吉斯先生讲起话来总是有点缠夹不清;他年纪大了,老爷,……可是说句良心话,他是个老实不过的人。 Dog-berry: Goodman Verges, sir, speaks a little off the matter: an old man, sir,…but, in faith, honest as the skin between his brows.