Gb | Eng |
---|
那次失败是一次难以吞咽的苦果。 | The defeat was a bitter pill to swallow. |
她紧张地咽了一下,似乎那问题把她难住了。 | She gulped nervously, as if the question bothered her. |
服用药片很容易, 只须放在口中咽下即可. | Taking pills is easy; just put them in your mouth and swallow. |
吃东西不要狼吞虎咽. | Don't wolf down your food. |
他使劲儿把食物咽下去, 嘴唇都扭曲起来. | His lips worked as he tried to swallow the food. |
她用力咽了一下唾液, 转身面对那个控告她的人. | She swallowed hard, and turned to face her accuser. |
她咽下眼泪, 强作笑容. | She gulped back her tears and tried to smile. |
我准备做一次咽喉细菌培养,以便确诊。 | I am going to take a throat culture so we'll know for sure. |
她呜咽着叙述她自己悲哀的身世。 | She sobbed out an account of her sad life. |
她呜咽着诉说自已的孩子是怎样死去的。 | She sobbed out the story of the death of her child. |
德拉就这样做了。你知道,人生是由呜咽,抽泣和徽笑组成的,而其中主要的是抽泣。 | So Della did. You see, life You see, life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles- but mainly of sniffles. |
当我告诉他那个消息时我自己不知不觉地哽咽起来。 | I couldn't account for the lump in my throat when I told him the news. |
不管你的食物是蔬菜还是肉,在咽下以前咀嚼,是最重要的。 | It is most important to chew your food, whether vegetable or meat, before you swallow it down. |
"我给孩子吃药的,大人,"姑娘哽咽地说,"老天爷作证,我并没有害人之心。" | "I gave the baby the medicine, your honour, " sobbed the girl. "But as God is my witness, I meant no harm." |
|