back


just + just when, just as exactly at the time of
justice + quality of being fair, equal, or just
adjust + To change so as to fit in with new conditions
adjustment + A small change to make something function better
justify + To give reasons why you did something or why it is right


42 New HSK word(s): HSK1 + qu4 to go; to go to (a place); to cause to go or send (sb); to remove; to get rid of; (when used either before or after a verb) to go in order to do sth; to be apart from in space or time; (after a verb of motion indicates movement away from the speaker); (used after certain verbs to indicate detachment or separation); (of a time or an event etc) just passed or elapsed HSK2 + jiu4 at once; right away; only; just (emphasis); as early as; already; as soon as; then; in that case; as many as; even if; to approach; to move towards; to undertake; to engage in; to suffer; subjected to; to accomplish; to take advantage of; to go with (of foods); with regard to; concerning HSK3 一样 + yi1yang4 same; like; equal to; the same as; just like HSK3 + cai2 ability; talent; sb of a certain type; a capable individual; only; only then; just now HSK3 刚才 + gang1cai2 just now; a moment ago HSK3 刚才 + gang1cai2 (just) a moment ago HSK4 正好 + zheng4hao3 just (in time); just right; just enough; to happen to; to chance to; by chance; it just so happens that HSK4 不仅 + bu4jin3 not only (this one); not just (...) but also HSK4 刚刚 + gang1gang1 just recently; just a moment ago HSK4 + dang1 to be; to act as; manage; withstand; when; during; ought; should; match equally; equal; same; obstruct; just at (a time or place); on the spot; right; just at HSK5 理由 + li3you2 reason; grounds; justification; CL:个/个ge4 HSK5 万一 + wan4yi1 just in case; if by any chance; contingency HSK5 + zheng4 just (right); main; upright; straight; correct; positive; greater than zero; principle HSK5 + yuan2 circle; round; circular; spherical; (of the moon) full; unit of Chinese currency (Yuan); tactful; to justify HSK5 个别 + ge4bie2 individual; specific; respective; just one or two HSK5 主持 + zhu3chi2 to take charge of; to manage or direct; to preside over; to uphold; to stand for (justice etc); to host (a TV or radio program etc) HSK5 + fang1 square; power or involution (mathematics); upright; honest; fair and square; direction; side; party (to a contract, dispute etc); place; method; prescription (medicine); just when; only or just; classifier for square things; abbr. for square or cubic meter HSK5 调整 + tiao2zheng3 to adjust; adjustment; revision; CL:个/个ge4 HSK5 道理 + dao4li5 reason; argument; sense; principle; basis; justification; CL:个/个ge4 HSK6 一如既往 + yi1ru2ji4wang3 just as in the past (idiom); as before; continuing as always HSK6 理直气壮 + li3zhi2qi4zhuang4 in the right and self-confident (idiom); bold and confident with justice on one's side; to have the courage of one's convictions; just and forceful HSK6 正当 + zheng4dang1 timely; just (when needed) HSK6 正义 + zheng4yi4 justice; righteousness; just; righteous HSK6 敷衍 + fu1yan3 to elaborate (on a theme); to expound (the classics); perfunctory; to skimp; to botch; to do sth half-heartedly or just for show; barely enough to get by HSK6 苦尽甘来 + ku3jin4gan1lai2 bitterness finishes, sweetness begins (idiom); the hard times are over, the good times just beginning HSK6 索性 + suo3xing4 you might as well (do it); simply; just HSK6 司法 + si1fa3 judicial; (administration of) justice HSK6 跟前 + gen1qian2 in front of; close to; nearby; the time just before HSK6 + o4 oh (interjection indicating that one has just learned sth) HSK6 唯独 + wei2du2 only; just (i.e. it is only that...); all except; unique HSK6 见义勇为 + jian4yi4yong3wei2 to see what is right and act courageously (idiom, from Analects); to stand up bravely for the truth; acting heroically in a just cause HSK6 名副其实 + ming2fu4qi2shi2 not just in name only, but also in reality (idiom) HSK6 偏偏 + pian1pian1 (indicates that sth turns out just the opposite of what one would expect or what would be normal); unfortunately; against expectations HSK6 公正 + gong1zheng4 just; fair; equitable HSK6 公道 + gong1dao4 justice; fairness; public highway HSK6 交代 + jiao1dai4 to hand over; to explain; to make clear; to brief (sb); to account for; to justify oneself; to confess; to finish (colloquial) HSK6 辩解 + bian4jie3 to explain; to justify; to defend (a point of view etc); to provide an explanation; to try to defend oneself HSK6 调节 + tiao2jie2 to adjust; to regulate; to harmonize; to reconcile (accountancy etc) HSK6 调剂 + tiao2ji4 to adjust; to balance; to make up a medical prescription HSK6 冤枉 + yuan1wang5 to accuse wrongly; to treat unjustly; injustice; wronged; not worthwhile HSK6 凑合 + cou4he5 to bring together; to make do in a bad situation; to just get by; to improvise; passable; not too bad HSK6 恰到好处 + qia4dao4hao3chu4 it's just perfect; it's just right
29 Old HSK word(s): A Adv * cai2 just A Adv * zheng4 straight/ upright/ honest/ pure/ just A Adv * gang1 just/ barely/ only just A N * gang1cai2 a moment ago/ just now B Adv;Conj * qie3 just/ for the time being/ but also B VS * gan1cui4 clear-cut/ simple/ just B VS * zheng4hao3 just in time/ just right/ just enough B Adv * gang1gang1 just now B VA * tiao2zheng3 adjust/ regulate/ revise B VS;n * bu4ping2 indignant/ resentful/ injustice/ unfairness C * nao4zhe wan2r frolic/ be just kidding/ tease/ act in a frivolous manner C VA * hao3bi3 be just like/ may be compared to/ can be likened to C * zheng4 dang1 just-when/ just when/ just as/ just the time for C n;VS * zheng4yi4 righteous-justice/ righteousness/ justice/ just/ righteous C interj * o1 oh (I have just noticed/ I have just realized) C Adv * qia4qia4 just/ exactly/ precisely C VA * tiao2jie2 adjust-regulate/ adjust/ regulate C VS * yuan1wang wrong-mistreat/ treat unjustly/ wrong/ not worthwhile C N * fa3yuan4 court/ court of law/ court of justice/ tribunal C VS * shi4yi2 suitable/ fit/ appropriate/ just right C Adv * pian1pian1 against sb.'s wish/ contrary to expectations/ only/ just D Adv * zheng4qiao3 just in time D VA * you2ru2 just as/ like D * li3 zhi2 qi4 zhuang4 one is assured and bold with justice D * qia4 dao4 hao3 chu4 just right D * qia4 ru2 qi2 fen4 just right/ appropriate D n;VS * yuan1 injustice/ bad luck D VS * bu4gong1 unfair/ unjust D VS * gong1dao fair/ just

公道



小猫跑到房间里~了。

Đi +

我~知道他会来的。

Nó +

他跟爸爸长得~。

Như +

他 30 岁~读完大学。

Chỉ +

他~吃了药,现在睡着了。

Chỉ +

~是谁来的电话?

Chỉ +

这个帽子我戴~,不大也不小。

Chỉ +

我~去过那个城市,而且去过很多次。

Không chỉ +

不多不少,~十斤。

Chỉ +

大家选他~班长。

Khi +

Lý do +

Trong trường hợp +

N +

Vòng +

Cá nhân +

Lưu trữ +

Bữa tiệc +

Điều chỉnh +

Sự thật +

Như là luôn luôn +

Tự tin +

Hợp pháp +

Công lý +

Chiếu lệ +

Mưa đi +

Chỉ đơn giản là +

Công lý +

Phía trước +

Oh +

Sola +

Dũng cảm +

Một sự thật +

Vì Chúa +

Chỉ +

Công lý +

Tài khoản +

Biện minh cho +

Điều chỉnh +

Chuyển +

Sai +

Ứng biến +

Chỉ cần phải +
Grade E word(s):








GbEngViet
他刚请假走了. He's just gone on leave.
我正要找你。 Just the man I was looking for.
你只是说说而已。 You are just saying that.
我正准备打电话给你。 I was just about to call you.
还好我们没有跟着他。 It is just as well that we did not follow him.
你现在需要的就是放假。 A holiday will be just the thing for you.
别把刚才跟你说的事忘了。 Don't forget what I told you just now.
刚才你男朋友给你打电话了。 Your boyfriend called you just now.
我要去图书馆还这些书。 I'm just going to check in these books at the library.
我不喝酒, 给我来杯汽水吧. I won't have any wine; I'll just have (a) soda water.
我对座次表作了小小的调整。 I've made a few minor adjustments to the seating plan.
他没有回答,只是继续一点一点地吃东西。 He didn't answer, but just continued to nibble at his food.
别着急,安心养病。 Just take care of yourself and don't worry.
有头脑不仅指受过教育。 Brains are more than just education.
你刚才讲的话彻底离题了。 What you just said is completely off the track.
我刚好及时到会,才算没受责备。 I saved my bacon by arriving just in time for the meeting.
新学期开学前,我一直无所事事。 I'm just kicking my heels until the beginning of the new term.
老师要求学生们复述他们刚读的故事。 The teacher asked the students to retell the story they just read.
我得把电话号码记下来,以免待会儿忘记。 I'll just jot down their phone number before I forget it.
在共同反对非正义行为的斗争中, 我们都是同志. We are all brothers in the same fight against injustice.
先让我烤烤火暖和一下,然后我们开始谈话。 Just give me a minute to thaw out in front of the fire, then we can talk.
真是倒霉的日子。 It's just been one of those days.
我刚才把你的一个瓷器装饰品弄掉了。 I've just dropped one of your china ornamental.
我大声打了个呵欠,可他还是不停地讲下去。 I gave a loud yawn, but he just kept on talking.
我的周末过得很无聊--只是在屋子里 转转或者看看电视. My weekend was boring I just floated about (the house) or watched TV.
夕阳无限好,只是近黄昏。 The setting sun had boundless beauty, Just because the yellow dusk is so near.
你刚才指的是什么? What were you alluding to just now?
目前生意萧条不振。 Business is slack just now.
看看你都做了些什么! Just look at what you've done!
最初她只是微笑,後来才放声大笑。 First of all she just smiled, then she started to laugh.
我们刚才看见的那位同志是你的老师吗? Be the comrade whom we see just now your teacher?
我们要是买不起汽车, 也就只好不用(汽车)了. If we can't afford a car, we'll just have to do without (one).
我只是出于好奇,请问你买这辆车花了多少钱? Just to satisfy my curiosity, how much did you pay for your car?
瞧,我这是怎么搞的!它本是辆新车。我怎么办好呢? Just look what I have done! It was a new car. Whatever am I going to do?
哲瑞米是初出茅庐,所以我们并不指望他在这次比赛中表现得很好。 Jeremy's just being blooded, so we don't expect him to be very good at the game.
她用的时间正好不到四分钟。 Her time was just under four minutes.
在照相前,他调整了快门。 He adjusted the shutter before taking a photo.
我差点儿把对整个这件事的看法向他讲了。 I came near to telling him just what I thought of the whole business.
我不是说她真在外层空间--这只是打个比方. I didn't really mean she was in outer space it's just a figure of speech.
必须明确指出,部长的言论有两点是错误的。 Just for the record, the minister's statement is wrong on two points.
先把东西堆在那边。 Just dump everything over there.
她和他的感受相同。 She felt just the same as he did.
这仅仅是个大概数字。 This is just an approximate figure.
只有这次他是按时到了。 Just for once he arrived on time.
他只是在玩弄她的感情。 He's just trifling with her affections.
正义一定会战胜非正义。 Justice will prevail over injustice.
医生说肝脏稍有些毛病。 The doctor says it's just a touch of liver.
不幸的小伙子啊, 他刚刚死了妻子. Poor chap, his wife has just died.
别把镜头弄脏了, 我刚刚擦过. Don't smear the lens; I've just polished it.
他是不太可靠, 但我仍很喜欢他. He's not very reliable, but I like him just the same.
近来差不多样样东西都涨价。 In recent times the price of just about everything has gone up.
我叫她去刷牙, 她就跟我顶起嘴来. I asked her to go and brush her teeth and she just sassed me back.
他刚发表了英国鸟类生活观察报告. He's just published his observations on British bird life.
让我坐下歇一会儿,我刚得到一些坏消息。 May I sit down a minute? I've just had some bad news.
你不能以疲劳为理由就这样对待职工. Tiredness cannot possibly justify your treating staff this way.
我认为我们对这一问题已差不多是言无不尽了. I think we've just about exhausted that subject.
服用药片很容易, 只须放在口中咽下即可. Taking pills is easy; just put them in your mouth and swallow.
由于目前的价格情况,我方不得不调整报价。 Due to the present price level, we cannot help but adjust our offer.
他确实是想帮忙,然而事实上却只是帮倒忙。 No doubt he means to help, but in fact he just get in the way.
我想拦住他, 不让他进门, 可是他硬闯进来了. I tried to stop him coming through the door but he just barged (his way) in.
那个傻孩子从来不做事,只是整天游手好闲。 That silly child never does anything; he just fools about all day long.
我正在成人学校补习法语,到时好让他们大吃一惊。 I'm brushing up on my French at adult school just to surprise them.
只因为我的新书包和他的一模一样,他就说我学他的样。 He called me a copycat just because my schoolbag looks like his.
我们的职员少一些也能发挥同样效率, 这是言之成理的. It is arguable that we would be just as efficient with fewer staff.
画报的封面上印上美女不过是吸引顾客的一种生意眼。 The pretty girl on the cover of the pictorial is just a sales gimmick.
这张照片没有真实地反映出花园的丰富色彩. The photograph does not do full justice to (ie does not truly reproduce) the rich colours of the gardens.
如果你往树后更远处看,就正好可以看见远处的村庄。 If you look beyond the tress, you can just see the village in the distance.
在我回来途中,我停下来参观了这个县刚建立的两座工厂。 On my return journey, I stopped to see two factories the county had just established.
我不住地看手表,他却一个劲儿地讲个没完,他不能领会暗示。 I kept looking at my watch, but he just continued talking: he can't take a hint.
那老太太每天去买报纸, 不多时便觉乐在其中, 因为她主要是想和店主聊天. For the old lady buying the daily newspaper soon became an end in itself, since she really just wanted to chat with the shopkeeper.
他仅仅是涉足政治而已。 He just dabbles in politics.
那块石头差点儿砸到男孩。 The stone just missed the boy.
我每月的收入是200多磅。 My monthly income was just over 200 pounds.
学校就位于镇子的外面。 The school is situated just outside the town.
国际恐怖主义并不是近年才有的现象。 International terrorism is not just a recent phenomenon.
把无辜的人投入监狱显然是审判不公. Sending an innocent man to prison is a clear miscarriage of justice.
我们的秘书刚刚辞职, 下星期特别令人担心. Next week will be particularly fraught as we've just lost our secretary.
我想他反正会以养家为理由来进行辩解。 I suppose that, in justification, he could always claim he had a family to support.
他仅把结婚当作达到目的的手段, 他只是想要妻子的财产. He regarded his marriage merely as a means to an end: he just wanted his wife's wealth.
爱护主义,对大部分人来说,只不过是害怕不公正所苦罢了。 The love of justice be, in most men, nothing more than the fear of suffering injustice.
我们将迁往纽卡斯尔南部. We're relocating just south of Newcastle.
巧妙的广告诱使人花钱. Clever advertisements are just temptations to spend money.
他在黑暗中只能勉强辨认出道路。 He was just able to discern the road from the dark.
那些初期的反叛活动只不过是大规模革命行动的演习。 The earlier revolts had just been dress rehearsals for full-scale revolution.
那个冒失的新秘书兴冲冲地蹦跳到我跟前,问我是否在这里工作。 That cheeky new secretary just pranced up to me and asked if I worked here!
尝一点儿这种乳酪吧! Just have a taste of this cheese!
约翰刚刚跟女朋友吹了. John has just split up with his girl-friend.
这种所谓的大减价不过是个骗局! This so-called bargain is just a con!
我刚煮好咖啡--你能抽空儿喝点儿吗? I've just made some coffee have you time for a quickie?
赢不了也不要紧--只要你尽力而为。 It doesn't matter if you don't win just do your best.
什麽事都不要依靠他--他光会说空话。 Don't rely on him to do anything he's just a talker.
他急忙伸出手臂把她扶住,她才没有跌倒。 He flung his arm out just in time to stop her falling.
不应该在梯子下面穿过, 人们都是这麽说说罢了. It's just (a) superstition that you shouldn't walk under ladders.
婚姻首先是一种契约,它必须以公正为制约。 Marriage is, first of all, a contract which must be governed by justice.
你什麽也不用做--只管轻松愉快地享受旅游的乐趣. You don't have to do anything just lie back and enjoy the journey.
每一个演员在临到开始表演之前都会心惊“腿”震。 Every actor has cold feet just before the beginning of a show.
我没有真正地看过这本书,只是浏览了一下看是关于什么的罢了。 I haven't read the book properly, I just flipped through it to see what it was like.
灵魂出窍,亡魂显现活着的人在其临死前出现的作为预兆的鬼魂 An apparition of a living person that appears as a portent just before that person's death.
雷蒙:他说没什麽,他只是把我的脚踝浸在一些中药里,然后贴上一块膏药。 Raymond: He didn't say anything. He just soaked my ankle in some herbal medicine and then put a patch on it.
她写道:亲爱的詹姆斯,刚听说你妻子过世了,我真不知道该怎样表达我的悲伤之情。 Dear James, she wrote, I have just heard of your wife's death. I can't tell you how sorry I am.
我花了50英镑在商场上买了一件所谓的便宜瓷器,结果却是一文不值。我只得把此事引以为训。 I paid fifty pounds in the market for a so-called bargain piece of porcelain which turned out to be worthless; I'll just have to chalk it up to experience.
刹帝利四个印度种姓中的第二级,负责执法和维护社会安定。在古代印度,它由皇族和武士阶层构成;在现代印度,它表示职业、统治和军事阶层 The second of the four Hindu classes, responsible for upholding justice and social harmony. In ancient India this was the royal or warrior class; in modern India, the professional, governing, or military class.
你真是太好了。 You're just wonderful.
我就给你开一张药方。 I'll just give you a prescription.
这会儿我不想出去散步。 I don't feel like a walk just now.
做事要有是非观念和正义感. Be guided by your sense of what is right and just.
他提出这种要求,只能说是正当的。 It's only just that he should claim it.
他的回答只不过是把我的讲义重复了一遍。 His answer is just a rehash version of my lecture.
他们都是自愿的, 完全是因为喜欢做而做的. They're all volunteers, doing it just for the love of the thing.
我们刚刚订婚. We've just got engaged.
这正如我所猜测的. It was just as I had conjectured.
我不在乎,就随你了。 I don't mind, just as you like.
我们拥护自由和正义。 We stand up for the cause of liberty and justice.
也许就是路过顺便来看看。 Maybe he just came by to drop in.
这条裙子的款式正当时令。 The style of this skirt is just in season.
这只是玩具枪, 不能发射子弹. This is just a toy gun: it doesn't shoot.
他抢走我手中的提包就跑了. He just grabbed the bag from my hand and ran off.
你不关心妻子儿女是说不过去的. You can't justify neglecting your wife and children.
我极力控制住自己没对他喊叫起来。 I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.
我们正要去度假,他却偏偏摔断了腿。 He must needs break a leg just before we go on holiday.
这种书桌的高低可以按照你的需要调节。 This kind of desk can be adjusted to the height you need.
他教导说,战争有正义的和非正义的两种。 He taught that wars can be just or unjust.
我认为他侵占我的停车位肯定是有意和我作对。 I'm sure he took my parking space just to spite me.
她测验勉强及格. She only just scraped through the test.
我们不妨买一只新煎锅。 We may just as well buy a new frying pan.
我靠父母扶养勉强过活. I can just scrape along on what my parents give me.
别把档案弄乱了, 我刚整理好. Don't mess the files around, I've just put them in order.
我正打算出去一会儿,可我舅舅来了。 I was just going out for a bit when my uncle came.
我其实是个教师,写作只是我的兼职。 Actually I'm a teacher, my writing is just a sideline.
有一男子遭人毒打, 路人只在一旁观看. Passers-by just looked on as a man was viciously attacked.
王宫发言人刚宣布了一项声明. The palace (ie A spokesman for the king, queen, etc) has just issued a statement.
我们只要给他稍加点分, 他就能勉强及格. If we mark him up a tiny bit, he'll just get through.
他们恰在发洪水之前离开, 走得真是时候. Their departure just before the floods was providential.
我见她打扮得像个小丑,把我笑得直不起腰来。 I just curled up when I saw her dressed as a clown.
多亏您们的帮助,我们才成功完成了工作。 Owing to you help, we have just successfully completed work.
边缘地带刚刚超出或恰好在某特定地区的地带 A region just beyond or at the edge of a settled area.
这家小公司推出新产品获得成功,因为这种新产品恰好是大众所需要的。 The small company hit the mark with its new product because it was just what the public wanted.
我想他会拒绝的。我恰恰认为她是个固执已见的人,做这种事当然不合乎她的习惯。 I expected her to refuse. I just thought of her as set in her ways, and this sort of thing certainly wasn't among her habits.
你继续这样大量吸烟,就是在自掘坟墓。 You are just digging your own grave if you go on smoking so heavily.
我希望的是长久恩爱, 而不是一夜露水之欢. I was hoping for a lasting affair, not just a one-night stand.
他无法适应这个大都市的现代生活的忙碌。 He can't adjust himself to the whirl of modern life in this big city.
他们难以理解儿子竟放弃了收入颇丰的稳定工作. They found it hard to justify their son's giving up a secure well-paid job.
玩具销售额在圣诞节前夕达到最高峰, 现已逐渐下降. Toy sales peaked just before Christmas and are now decreasing.
如果合同一方可以任意对待履约而使对方蒙受损害,当然不能认为公正。 It is unjust if one party should treat a contract arbitrarily at the expense of the other.
哦,你真是太好了! Oh, you're just wonderful!
只要给他一个桶子和一把铲子, 他就高兴极了! Just give him a bucket and spade and he's in seventh heaven!
可能下雨--你最好带把伞, 以防万一(下起来). It may rain you'd better take an umbrella (just) in case (it does).
彗星和其他的行星同样是太阳家族的成员。 Comets are just as much members of the sun's family as (are) the other planets.
她从容地掏出钱夹付了一千镑现金, 多麽豪爽! She just took out her purse and paid a thousand in cash: what a cool customer!
常把蒙著眼睛手持天平的女人当作正义的象徵. Justice is often personified as a blindfolded woman holding a pair of scales.
起初我还以为他很 腆, 後来我才发觉他是不爱理人. At first I thought he was shy, but then I discovered he was just not interested in other people.
他们用一周时间教速成英语课程, 那几天可真紧张! They teach you English in an intensive course lasting just a week; it's quite an intensive few days!
就用手指头指着名单往下看,看是不是所有的人的名字都在上面,好吗? Just run your finger down the list and see if all the names are there, will you?
法官的本分是执行法律(主持正义),惟其所行者,却是在拖延(其执行)。 The duty of a judge is to administer justice, but his practice is delay it.
差劲……我刚刚开始认为他有潜力,他却丢下一切转到别处工作了。 Darn...just when I start think he have potential, he just drop everything and took another job elsewhere.
正如铁锈会腐蚀铁一样,沉溺资产阶级生活方式会消磨掉一个人的革命意志。 Just as rust eats away iron, indulgence in bourgeois ways of life may eat away one's revolutionary will.
唉,又是倒霉啦!假如我是被养大当帽子工人的,生下来的孩子可能都没带头颅来的吧。 Just like my luck! If I had been bred a hatter, little boys would have come into the world without heads.
我所问的那个家伙起先一声也不响,上下打量我,注意到我衣衫褴褛,然后他说:“稍等一会儿。” The fellow I spoke to made no answer at first, looked me up and down, noticed that I was almost in rags, then said," Just a minute."
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week."
就跟往常一样。 Just the same as always.
这张卡片正好能装进那个信封里. This card just fits nicely into that envelope.
我父亲刚出去散步,但半个钟点后就要回来。 My father has just gone for a walk, but he'll be back in half an hour.
他把大部分东西都搬走了,只留下一些零星杂物。 He's moved most of his stuff, there are just a few odds and ends left.
她正在闹别扭呢。 She is just being difficult.
我眼下的处境十分不妙。 I'm in a tight corner just at present.
别为我担心,只管进行下去。 Don't worry about me. Just carry on.
他说人们的指控是不公正的。 He said that the people's accusation was unjust.
更改小小的改变,调正或限制 A small alteration, adjustment, or limitation.
这片建筑还只是仅有主梁的骨架. The block is still just a skeleton of girders.
我脑中有一闪念, 以为他要拒绝了. Just for an instant I thought he was going to refuse.
新征召的军人刚配备好个人装具。 The new intake of soldiers has just been kitted out.
我们只好等等看, 现在无能为力. We shall just have to wait and see; there's nothing we can do at the moment.
那球被正站在边界线内的守场员接住了. The ball was caught by a fielder standing just inside the boundary.
今年我们忙得要命--我需要有一段假期放松一下. This year has been frantically busy for us I need a holiday just to wind down.
她的社会主义信念来自她对社会上不公平现象的痛恨。 Her socialist beliefs were born of a hatred of injustice.
以提高功效为依据可以证明采取这种措施是正确的。 Such action can be justified on the grounds of greater efficiency.
情况很可怕,可是还一个劲儿地议论让人觉得更可怕。 The situation is frightful, but it's just piling on the agony to keep discussing it.
如果你不喜欢分配给你的任务,干脆不要做,而不要草率从事。 If you do not like the assignment, just do not do them, but do not scamp them.
当你不再仅仅限于文字和静止图片时,网上生活会丰富多彩得多。 Life on-line can be a much richer experience when you aren't restricted to just written words and still pictures.
微调装置精密仪器上被设计用以增进精密校准或测量的一个辅助装置 An auxiliary device designed to facilitate fine adjustments or measurements on precision instruments.
这里您可以看到两名工人,他们刚刚割好三大马车金黄色的通心粉小麦杆。 Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cart-loads of golden brown macaroni stalks.
我正想洗出一两块抹布。 I just want to wash out one or two rags.
她来串门只是为了打发时间。 She stopped by just to pass the time of day.
几个证人的陈述并不一致。 The witnesses' statements just don't agree with each other.
六个月监禁的判决极其不公。 The sentence of six months imprisonment was most unjust.
那个凶手向司法部门投案自首。 The murderer delivered himself up to justice.
那不是深宅大院, 只不过是个小农舍. It's not a very grand house, just a little cottage.
他的用意不是这个,只是做做样子罢了。 He doesn't really mean it; it's just an act.
我不应该雇用他们--简直是一群外行. I shouldn't employ them they're just a bunch of amateurs.
守门员用手掌将球托出了球门的横木。 The goalkeeper just managed to palm the ball over the crossbar.
我正巧路过,所以我想不妨进来坐几分钟。 I was just passing, so I thought I'd blow in for a few minutes.
警方必须竭尽全力追捕罪犯,将他们绳之以法。 The police must do all they can to bring criminals to justice.
他并不是病得不能来工作,他只是在泡病号。 He's not so ill that he can't come to work; he's just swinging the lead.
棚户区之行使我深切地感到那里的人民何等的贫穷。 A trip through the shanty town brought home to me just how poor the people are.
英国司法运作的前提是被告在被证明有罪之前是清白的。 British justice works on the premise that an accused person is innocent until he's proved guilty.
垫版印刷过程中的一个准备步骤,即通过调理和平整版面以确保印刷清晰 The operation of preparing a form for printing by adjusting and leveling the plates to ensure a clear impression.
我们的房子只住我们两人实在太大了,所以我们利用周末抽空外出看看是否有合适的套房,想买一套。 Our house is too large for just the two of us and so we spent part of the weekend seeing over some flats with a view to buying one.
公正是仁政的要素. Justice is an important element of good government.
我就是觉得这件事莫名其妙。 I was just wondering about that myself.
我在给蛋糕最后加一点点缀。 I'm just putting the finishing touches to the cake.
只要一按电钮,机器就会开动。 Just press the button and the machine will start.
这次审判是对公正的一次拙劣的模拟 The trial was a parody of justice.
我刚才还在琢磨著这条路多长啊. I was just thinking (to myself) what a long way it is.
那不是稀有的鸟, 只不过是普通的麻雀. It isn't a rare bird, just a common or garden sparrow.
他很快使自己适应了这个国家炎热的天气。 He adjusted himself very quickly to the heat of the country.
最新的进展情况已向大众传播媒介发表。 The latest developments have just been released to the media.
他就是这么个家伙,自甘堕落去骗老人们的几文钱。 He's just the kind that would stoop to swindle old people out of a few pence.
我并非真正主张应该有死刑, 只是故意唱唱反调罢了. I don't really believe in capital punishment, I'm just playing the devil's advocate.
所以真珠质的厚度就像脸上化妆品,不久就会磨薄了。 As a result, nacre thickness is sometimes just a cosmetic layer that can wear thin over time.
他经常说他对文学有浓厚的兴趣,其实这不过是附庸风雅而已。 He is always talking about his deep interest in literature, but it's just a pose.
只因为莫尔不能为自己辨护,米尔便乘机攻击他,这是不公正的。 It was unfair for Mill to attack More just because the latter could not answer( him) back.
我想我们今天的讨论大家都谈得差不多了。让我的秘书来送诸位出去吧。 I think that just about concludes our discussion. Let my secretary show you out.
挡板,调节风门一种可调节的薄片,如在熔炉或火炉的通气管中的,用来控制气流 An adjustable plate, as in the flue of a furnace or stove, for controlling the draft.
你不知道. 你只管猜! You don't know. You're just guessing!
他许诺的都是空话. His promises were just so much meaningless talk.
【谚】先还债,后慷慨。 Be just before you are generous.
他和妻子吵架後就把她抛弃了。 He had a row with his wife and just walked out on her.
她看起来彷佛刚从外太空回来似的。 It looks as if she had just come back from outer space.
她说什麽东西也没被偷, 那不过是掩饰罢了. She said nothing was stolen, but that's just a cover-up.
该珠宝公司不过是进行非法的钻石交易的幌子。 The jewellery firm is just a front for their illegal trade in diamonds.
我们无能为力, 只好不安地坐 等候宣布结果. There was nothing more we could do, so we just had to sit and sweat it out until the result was announced.
他由於仪表堂堂而当选,但他尚须证明决非徒有其表。 His good looks won him the election but he has still to prove that he's not just a pretty face.
罗马教廷公使职位低于罗马教皇使节的梵蒂冈的外交使者或代表 A Vatican diplomatic envoy or representative ranking just beneath a nuncio.
明信片上只写了“祝你过得很愉快”,“真希望你在也这儿”或诸如此类的话。 The card just said"Having wonderful time.""Wish you were here" or some such things.
现代的新闻工作,以“最庸俗者生存”这伟大的达尔文式的原则来为自己的存在辩护。 Modern journalism justify its own existence by the great Darwinian principle of the survival of the vulgar.
水门事件包括共和党官员滥用权力、违背公众信任、贿赂、蔑视国会及企图防碍司法的丑闻 A scandal involving abuse of power by public officials, violation of the public trust, bribery, contempt of Congress, and attempted obstruction of justice.
警察局说该局反对非执法人员私自执法,可是辖区警员及当地居民对该[警卫]公司的策略颇感兴趣。 The Police Department says it opposes vigilante justice, but officers on the beat and neighborhood residents say they are enthusiastic about the company's tactics.
历史可以证明,德国人在1944年12月的反攻巴尔吉之战中使出了最后的力量,从那时起,他们的失败只不过是时间问题而已。 History may prove that in Dec.1944, the Germans shot their bolt at the Battle of the Bulge; after that, their defeat was just a matter of time.
"她们另外见了一次以后,南希觉得戈尔巴乔夫太太是一个不折不扣的共产党,"一位友人回忆说,"她总要宣传教条。" "After their other meeting, Nancy felt that Mrs. Gorbachev was a Communist through and trough, " a friend recalled, "and that she just wanted to spout doctrine."
的确,新闻媒介及公众对法国橄榄球队选拔员的尊重,几乎同法国政治家受到的尊重不相上下,当然,那也并非多大的荣耀。 Indeed French rugby selectors receive just about the same respect from their Press and public as do French politicians, which, of course, isn't saying much.