Gb | Eng | Viet |
---|
他一句中文都不会说。 | He couldn't talk a word of Chinese. | → |
他欢喜得说不出来。 | In the fullness of his joy, he could hardly speak. | → |
我真是累极了,简直可以睡上一整天。 | I'm so tired I could sleep for a whole day. | → |
你多花点时间学习课文是有好处的. | You could with profit spend some extra time studying the text. | → |
我在人群中寻找她,但看不到。 | I looked for her in the crowd but couldn't see her. | → |
这家新工厂给自然环境带来的影响可能是灾难性的。 | This environmental effect of this new factory could be disastrous. | → |
老师帮助他上完了中学,但他无法完成大学的学业。 | The teacher helped him through high school, but he couldn't cut the buck in college. | → |
我们还以为那是最坏的情况呢,可没想到更糟的还在后面。 | We thought that the situation was as bad as it could be, but worse was to follow. | → |
他被家庭束缚,不能再到处去旅游了。 | He was fettered by his family and could not travel any longer. | → |
我们可以听到远处传来的车辆往来的嗡嗡声。 | We could hear the distant drone of the traffic. | → |
他们探索过各种途径,但是没有找到解决的办法。 | They exploded every avenue but could not find a solution. | → |
第一只小鸟醒来了,男孩还能听见珍珠鸡在他的前边叫着。 | The first bird woke and the boy could hear the guinea-fowl calling ahead of him. | → |
这块地毯已经脏得辨认不出原来的颜色了. | The carpet was badly stained, to such an extent that (ie so much that) you couldn't tell its original colour. | → |
我真希望我们能够看到更多新的电视节目,而不是翻来覆去的那几个老节目。 | I wish we could see more new programmes on television, not repeats all the time. | → |
请把账单给我好吗? | Could I have the bill, please? | → |
这老人没有手杖就走不了路。 | The old man could not walk without a stick. | → |
你能告诉我这些鞋子的零售价吗? | Could you tell me the retail prices of these shoes? | → |
请您告诉我怎样去联络律师? | Could you please inform me how to go about contacting a lawyer? | → |
你去开会之前,咱们能私下说句话吗? | Could we have a word before you go to the meeting? | → |
我们(各处)找了半天, 却找不到那本书. | We searched (around) for hours, but couldn't find the book. | → |
我的铅笔钝了,你能借我把刀子削一削吗? | My pencil is blunt, could you lend me a knife to sharpen it? | → |
她需要使请求语气柔婉,以便尽可能把它变成有礼貌与客气。 | She needed to soften her request to make it as polite and courteous as she could. | → |
奶奶简直不能相信这事。 | Grandma could hardly believe it. | → |
今天早晨我的汽车发动不起来了。 | I couldn't make my car start this morning. | → |
对不起,我来晚了。刚才我在开会,不能脱身。 | I'm sorry I'm late; I was at a meeting and couldn't get away. | → |
我不能承受和她分别。 | I could not stand parting from her. | → |
天在下雪,所以我无法外出。 | It was snowing, and so I could not go out. | → |
谁也料不到有这些奇怪的事情. | No one could have foretold such strange events. | → |
他可以招摇撞骗闯过任何难关。 | He could bluff his way through any difficulty. | → |
我们已经尽了一切可能来赶上他们。 | We have done all we could to catch up with them. | → |
我不能再忍受他那傲慢无礼的行为了。 | I could not endure the insolence of his behaviour. | → |
他重复了几遍直到记住为止. | He repeated it several times over (ie again and again) until he could remember it. | → |
她简化了指令以便于儿童理解。 | She simplified the instructions so that the children could understand them. | → |
任何人碰到那根电线都会遭到严重的电击。 | Anyone touching that wire could get badly shocked. | → |
我算是放了暑假了, 但却未能真正休息. | I had a kind of/sort of holiday in the summer but I couldn't really relax. | → |
我真想说一句, 叫他们谈话放严肃些.... | If I could intrude a note of seriousness into this frivolous conversation... | → |
着火的房子的冒出的烟在几个街区外都能看到。 | The smoke of the burning house could be seen many blocks away. | → |
在他们讨论我的前途时,我恨不得能偷偷旁观。 | I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they discuss my future. | → |
其实用不着在清晨3点钟就把我叫醒吧. | I could have done without being (ie I wish I hadn't been) woken up at 3 o'clock in the morning. | → |
回程用的时间比平时长, 因为飞机不能飞越战区. | The journey back took longer than normal, because the plane could not overfly the war zone. | → |
那个聪明的男孩把他老师所能教他的所有的知识都吸收了。 | The clever boy absorbed all the knowledge his teacher could give him. | → |
我不可能及时赶到会场,除非我赶上了较找的一班火车。 | I couldn't have got to the meeting on time -- unless I had caught an earlier train. | → |
虽然她彻底地用力擦洗那只旧壶,但她无法把它完全洗干净。 | Although she scrubbed the old pot thoroughly, she could not make it look completely clean. | → |
在战争前那些美好的岁月里,似乎没有任何东西能打破我们平静的生活进程。 | It seemed nothing could disturb the even tenor of our existence in those happy prewar days. | → |
我感到浑身血液在沸腾。 | I could feel blood pulsing through my veins. | → |
他声称他可以使鬼魂现身. | He claimed that he could make ghosts materialize. | → |
我使尽了浑身解数也劝不动他们. | I tried every trick in the book but I still couldn't persuade them. | → |
这些收音机制造厂的产品打不开销路。 | The radios producers could not find a market for them. | → |
这两块粘合得真好, 几乎看不出接缝. | The two pieces were stuck together so well that you could hardly see the join. | → |
我想他反正会以养家为理由来进行辩解。 | I suppose that, in justification, he could always claim he had a family to support. | → |
这些大森林的毁坏会带来生态上的严重后果。 | The destruction of these big forests could have serious ecological consequences. | → |
这场争论对我来说太深奥了,我一点都搞不明白。 | The argument was too intellectual for me; I couldn't follow a word of it. | → |
我的判断经常出错,但是我对祖国的忠诚是无可置疑的。 | My judgement was frequently faulty, but my loyalty to the nation could not be questioned. | → |
我们当初若是稍微再多考虑一下, 也许就能买到我们真正想要的房子了. | With a little more forethought we could have bought the house we really wanted. | → |
导弹有极微小的偏斜也可能酿出大祸. | The smallest deflection of the missile could bring disaster. | → |
他能感觉到他们对他拙劣作品的讽刺语调。 | He could feel their sarcastic tone about his poor work. | → |
她关于那个司机已经喝醉的证词无可辩驳。 | Nothing could refute her testimony that the driver was drunk. | → |
他的儿子是一个三岁就能弹奏钢琴的早慧儿童。 | His son is a precocious child who could play the piano at the age of three. | → |
他们在他床的四周放上屏风,以便医生给他检查。 | They put a screen around his bed so that the doctor could examine him. | → |
他用光明正大的方法得不到的东西, 就采取卑鄙的欺诈手段. | When he couldn't get what he wanted openly and honestly, he resorted to low cunning. | → |
我们作了一次战略性退却,以便我们能积蓄力量再次进攻。 | We made a strategic withdrawal, so that we could build up our forces for a renewed attack. | → |
你能扶我上楼梯吗? | Could you help me up the stairs? | → |
请你把这封信复印一份好吗? | Could you Xerox this letter please? | → |
我不太明白,你能再解释一下吗? | I didn't quite follow; could you explain it again? | → |
到处都是灰尘, 他不停地打著喷嚏. | With all that dust about, he couldn't stop sneezing. | → |
你把议事日程表给(我)复印二十份好吗? | Could you run (me) off twenty copies of the agenda? | → |
对不起打扰一下, 请问去车站怎麽走? | I'm sorry to bother you, but could you tell me the way to the station? | → |
关於日期[什么时候见面], 我们未能取得一致意见. | We couldn't agree on a date/when to meet. | → |
我可以听见他在隔壁屋子里(不停地)锤打东西. | I could hear him hammering (away) in the house next door. | → |
他的拒绝是那样委婉得体,所以我们并未感到不快。 | His refusal was worded in such a graceful way that we could not be offended. | → |
安娜不会游泳, 在游泳池的深水区里挣扎著. | Anna couldn't swim and was left floundering (about/around) in the deep end of the swimming-pool. | → |
我以为能负担得起那费用, 後来认真估算了一下才知道过於昂贵. | I thought I could afford it, then I costed it out properly and found it was too expensive. | → |
你认为那个冬季——那个叫做不愉快的冬季——十之八九会现再次出现吗? | Do you think there is a likelihood that winter-the winter of discontent as it was called-could be repeated? | → |
说不定他已经死了. | For all I know he could be dead. | → |
我突然想到一个办法可以让我们改进这种局面. | It suddenly struck me how we could improve the situation. | → |
他装作一本正经,可是你看得出他是在开玩笑。 | He pretended to be serious, but you could tell that he had hi tongue in his cheek. | → |
我们可暂时担当这项工作。 | We could undertake the work for the time being. | → |
听了这话,他不由得笑了起来。 | Hearing the words, he couldn't keep from laughing. | → |
你能觉察出他们之间有对立情绪. | You could sense the antagonism between them. | → |
医生无法解释高烧何以持久不退。 | The doctor couldn't explain the persistence of the fever. | → |
医生无法解释高烧何以持久不退. | The doctor couldn't explain the persistence of the high temperature. | → |
人群向后退开,让救护车可以开过去。 | The crowd bore back so that the ambulance could pass. | → |
电线快磨破了,使用起来可能有危险。 | The electric wire is fraying and could be dangerous to handle. | → |
因为尺子被书盖住了,所以我没找到它。 | I could not find my ruler because it was covered up by the books. | → |
得知他痛苦的遭遇后,我忍不住同情他。 | After learning of his sufferings, I couldn't help sympathizing with him. | → |
他来看他们是不是在尽量加紧进行这项工作。 | He came to see whether they were doing all they could to rush the work. | → |
他使劲向我做手势, 可是我不明白他的意思. | He was gesticulating wildly at me, but I could not understand what he was trying to tell me. | → |
他的业务对手都知道不可指望他这样无情的人会手软. | His business rivals knew they could expect no quarter from such a ruthless adversary. | → |
他个头很大, 夹在我和窗户之间, 我看不见外边的东西了. | He interposed his considerable bulk (ie body) between me and the window, so that I could not see out. | → |
孩子们想玩多久就玩多久,他们没有事做,也没有人会责骂他们,总而言之,他们很快乐。 | The children could play as long as they liked, they had no work to do, and nobody scolded them, in short, they were happy. | → |
他再也抵抗不住了. | He could resist no longer. | → |
我晕船, 恨不得立刻上岸. | I'm no sailor and I couldn't wait to reach dry land. | → |
她的声音中能听出有些颤抖. | You could hear the quaver in her voice. | → |
我一想到他就忍不住颤抖。 | I could not repress a shiver whenever I thought of him. | → |
脚下一滑就可能从悬崖上跌下去. | One slip and you could fall off the cliff. | → |
火车上挤得我都喘不过气来。 | There was such a crush on the train that I could hardly breathe. | → |
他把诗中记得住的都背诵出来了。 | He recited as much of the poem as he could remember. | → |
他是那样急躁,我简直拉他不住。 | He was so impatient that I could hardly hold him back. | → |
那辆货车遭罢工者抵制而无法卸货. | The lorry had been blacked by strikers and could not be unloaded. | → |
多亏你来帮忙--不然我们真没法办. | It's a good job you were there to help we couldn't have managed without you. | → |
她泪眼蒙蒙,几乎不能认出自己的儿子。 | She could hardly recognize her son through the mist of tears that filled her eyes. | → |
他们极力装出情愿的样子撤回了反对意见. | They withdrew their objections with as good a grace as they could manage. | → |
他无法消除自己的疑心, 总觉得妻子不忠. | He could not divest himself of the suspicion that his wife was being unfaithful. | → |
若时机不当, 一言不慎, 可能毁掉整个计画. | One indiscreet remark at the wrong moment could ruin the whole plan. | → |
很遗憾要打扰你一下,我想问问我们什么时候能聊聊。 | I'm sorry to trouble you, but I wondered if we could have a word some time. | → |
我真希望我的灵魂有个窗户,使得你能够看到我的一些感情。 | I wish there was windows to my soul, so that you could see some of my feelings. | → |
我能看到他们的家依旧是那个地方孤独的和无家可归的人的避风港。 | I could see that as of old their house was a port of call for all the lonely and the lost of the district. | → |
他移居到一个遥远的国家,在那里他觉得能摆脱仇敌,可以平平安安地生活。 | He emigrated to a distant country, where he felt he could live in safety from his enemies. | → |
在那段时间里由于我的鼻子不太通气,晚上常常醒来感到口里和喉咙干得难受。 | Because I couldn't breathe properly through my nose at that time, I used to wake up at night with my mouth and throat as dry as paper. | → |
有一所房子的模糊轮廓依稀可辨. | The dim outline of a house could be made out. | → |
大气中如果没有氧和氮,人就无法生存于地球了。 | If it were not for oxygen and nitrogen in the air, no man could live on the earth. | → |
他是一个能忍耐的人,但就连他也没法忍受那种挑衅了。 | He is a patient man, but not even he could sit down under that kind of provocation. | → |
杰克试图警告她,可是风怒浪吼,他无法让她听见她说的话。 | Jack tried to warn her but couldn't make his voice heard above the roar of wind and water. | → |
等到他被迫向朋友乞讨时, 他觉得自己的境况已糟到无以复加的地步了. | When he was forced to beg from his friends he felt he had touched bottom and could sink no lower. | → |
我还没有告诉我的太太她买衣服花钱太多,她先下手为强反问我为什么花那么多钱去买新钓鱼竿。 | Before I could tell my wife she had spent too much for the dress, she stole my thunder by asking why I spent so much for the new fishing rod. | → |
如果请费尔南德斯走路,教育局可以付钱马上终止合约,或是让他做满任期。费尔南德斯按规定可以在十九万五的年薪之外,还可以领未用病假和其他福利折合现金四十万元。 | If Fernandez is shown the door, the board could either buy out his contract immediately or allow him to serve out his term. Fernandez is set to collect$400, 000 in past sick pay and other benefits on top of his$195, 000 salary. | → |
那个字你再拼一遍好吗? | Could you spell that word out for me again? | → |
别靠近! 那建筑物随时可能倒塌. | Keep back! The building could collapse at any moment. | → |
我们把讨论的要点归纳一下好吗? | Could we have a run-through of the main points discussed? | → |
朦胧中她只看见树木的轮廓. | She could see only the outline(s) of the trees in the dim light. | → |
地点某物所在或可在的地方:地点 | A place where something is or could be located; a site. | → |
他的儿子已长那麽高了, 他不禁惊叫起来. | He could not help exclaiming at how much his son had grown. | → |
【谚】狐狸吃不到葡萄,就说葡萄酸。 | "The grapes are sour", as the fox said when he could not reach them. | → |
请你将诗人逝世的消息转播给公众好吗? | Could you relay the news of the poet's death out to the public? | → |
那些忠实於她的人都认为她不会做坏事. | She could do no wrong (ie do nothing wrong) in the opinion of her devoted followers. | → |
教师的嗓音很高, 孩子们都不禁咯咯地笑起来. | The children couldn't stop giggling at the teacher's high-pitched voice. | → |
我们爬上小丘的顶端,由此可以俯瞰城市。 | We climbed to the top of the small elevation, from which we could look at the town. | → |
那囚犯挣扎著(要摆脱那些逮他的人), 却未能逃脱. | The prisoner struggled (against his captors) but couldn't escape. | → |
裁减军备协议难以达成, 症结在於如何证实(如检查武器确已销毁). | Verification (eg Checking that weapons have been removed) could be an obstacle to an arms agreement. | → |
我很想听听可能会发生什麽变动, 但是(关於这一点)不管怎麽打听, 他们就是不说. | I wanted to hear about possible changes, but I couldn't draw them (on that). | → |
现在我不会唱歌了,但我年轻的时候会。 | I can't sing now, but I could when I was young. | → |
我确实没法断定。 | I really couldn't tell. | → |
这种事谁都难免。 | It could happen to anybody. | → |
前景好得不能再好了. | The prospects couldn't be rosier. | → |
他尽其所能去赢得他的好感。 | He did all he could to win his favor. | → |
沙漠一直伸展到视线的尽头. | The desert continued as far as the eye could see. | → |
黑暗中我看不清那东西是什么。 | I couldn't tell what it was in the dark. | → |
天渐渐黑了,我看不见字,无法再阅读了。 | It was getting dark and I couldn't see to read. | → |
古时认为一般金属能变成黄金. | In former times it was thought that ordinary metal could be transmuted into gold. | → |
观众静得连别针落地的声音也能听见. | The audience was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. | → |
提供虚假资料可能导致合同失效. | The making of false statements could result in the invalidation of the contract. | → |
他本来能买那辆车的,但没多久他的公司就倒闭了。 | He could have bought the car, but soon his company went bankrupt. | → |
他原本能按预定进度做完这件事的,但不知怎地却落后了。 | He could have finished it on schedule, but somehow he fell behind. | → |
在最近的这次危机中,没有一家银行能帮助那些处于困境的公司渡过难关。 | In the recent crisis no banks could manage to bail out the companies feeling financial pressure. | → |
他与顾客的关系是事务性的,理所当然不可能跟他们之间有多少个人感情。 | His relations with his clients were also cut and dried, very little personal feeling could in the nature of things come into them. | → |
我希望时光能够倒退回去,我可以重新去过学生时代的生活。我后悔当初不够努力,没有通过更多的考试。 | I wish I could put the clock back and relive my schooldays; I regret not having tried harder and passed more exams. | → |
她激情已逝, 无从心回意转. | Nothing could rekindle her extinct passion. | → |
桥已毁坏, 我们无法过河. | The bridge was destroyed so we couldn't get across (ie cross) the river. | → |
他心乱如麻难以镇定下来. | His mind was in such a whirl that he could hardly compose his thoughts. | → |
我们没有地方躲避这场风暴. | There was nowhere we could take cover (ie go for protection) from the storm. | → |
没有什么能使他丧失对人性的信心。 | Nothing could extinguish his faith in human nature. | → |
这些收音机制造厂产品打不开销路. | The producers of the radios could not find a market for them. | → |
经济制裁不能阻碍那个国家的发展。 | The economic sanctions could not prevent the development of that country. | → |
如果能把这篇文章登在你的期刊上我将很高兴。 | I should be glad if you could insert this article into your periodical. | → |
比较富裕的农民这时购买化肥,但合作社却买不起。 | The richer peasants were buying chemical fertilizer, but the co-op could not afford it. | → |
比尔不肯参加球赛,因为他知道他的球艺不好,而他又爱面子。 | Bill would not play in the game because he knew he could not do well and he wanted to save face. | → |
我梦见我能飞翔. | I dreamt (that) I could fly. | → |
她得知自己不能怀孕. | She was told she couldn't conceive. | → |
他追赶窃贼却未捉住. | He chased (after) the burglar but couldn't catch him. | → |
老虎的踪迹仅依稀可见. | Only faint traces of the tiger's tracks could be seen. | → |
他无法说明他旷课的原因。 | He could not account for his absence from school. | → |
我感到了猫在我的腿上蹭来蹭去。 | I could feel the cat rubbing up against my leg. | → |
至于地平学说,我相信我能驳斥它。 | As for the Flat Earth theory, I believe I could refute it. | → |
普罗特斯一个能任意改变自己外形的海神 | A sea god who could change his shape at will. | → |
狐狸躲在猎狗抓不到它的灌木丛中。 | The fox hid in the thicket where the dog could not reach it. | → |
爸爸尽一切可能来满足我的需求和欲望。 | Daddy did all he could to fill my needs and desires. | → |
他这个人太懒惰,真想在他屁股上踢一脚。 | He is so lazy; he could do with a good kick up the rear. | → |
她为抛弃婴儿事辩称自己抚养不起. | She rationalized her decision to abandon her baby by saying she could not afford to keep it. | → |
那小孩假装会看书,但他把书都拿颠倒了。 | The boy pretended he could read, but he was holding the book upside down. | → |
我们来到了岔路口,不能决定走哪一条岔路。 | We came to a fork in the road and could not decide which fork we should take. | → |
他们聘请了能请到的最好的律师为他们陈述案情. | They employed the best lawyer they could get to plead their case. | → |
我不愿让他参加俱乐部,因为他有点捣蛋的味道。 | I couldn't care for him to join the club, because he is sort of mischievous. | → |
只因为莫尔不能为自己辨护,米尔便乘机攻击他,这是不公正的。 | It was unfair for Mill to attack More just because the latter could not answer( him) back. | → |
在那之后,简直拦不住他,他觉得该是放弃原有的工作而全力以赴当作家谋生的时候了。 | After that, there was no holding him, and the day came when he felt he could chuck his job and to all out to make a living as writer. | → |
在数据保密学中,通过合法访问数据的进程将数据传输给未授权的用户的过程。例如,编译程序在编译期间便可能泄漏专用程序。 | In data security, the transmission of data to unauthorized users by processes with legitimate access to data. A compiler, for example, could leak a proprietary program whilst it is being compiled. | → |
你怎么可以这么粗鲁呢? | How could you be so rude? | → |
是否可替我更换座位? | Could you change my seat, please? | → |
请你阐述这一理论,行吗? | Could you elaborate on this theory? | → |
这个动词可以用进行式吗? | Could this verb be used in progressive form? | → |
你能甘心一辈子失业吗? | Could you reconcile yourself to a lifetime of unemployment? | → |
这老人想把痰咯出来但他不能。 | The old man tried to spit up sputum, but he could not. | → |
我们可以回到最初有关集资的问题上吗? | Could we get back to the original question of funding? | → |
请把你的各项开支列在这张表格上,好吗? | Could you detail all your expenses on this form? | → |
你怎麽竟然做出这种事? 你难道不知羞耻吗? | How could you do such a thing? Have you no shame? | → |
你要是到商店去,可以给我捎些香烟来吗? | If you're going to the shops, could you bring me back some cigarettes? | → |
当我告诉他那个消息时我自己不知不觉地哽咽起来。 | I couldn't account for the lump in my throat when I told him the news. | → |
想起自己坎坷的一生,他不由仰天长叹。 | He could not but look up to the sky and sigh deeply when his lifetime of frustrations passed through his mind. | → |
我们无能为力, 只好不安地坐 等候宣布结果. | There was nothing more we could do, so we just had to sit and sweat it out until the result was announced. | → |
我头脑[记忆]里(完全)是一片空白--连一个答案也想不出. | My mind/memory was a (complete) blank I couldn't think of a single answer. | → |
那场运动后,自耕农再也不能拥有并在他们自己的土地上耕耘了。 | The yeoman could never own and work on their land after the movement. | → |
我想我很可能得到这份工作, 可是假设鲍勃也申请的话, 那[他]可能使我的计画落空. | I think I'm likely to get the job, but if Bob applies for it too it/he could queer my pitch. | → |
作为居住场所,这个岛似乎为他提供了人们所想望的一切——除了谋生的条件之外。 | As a place to stay, the island seemed to him to offer all that the heart could desire except the means of earning a living. | → |
工会与资方的最后谈判行将终结,双方努力争取在限期前达成协议。否则,发行187年的《纽约邮报》将被迫永远停刊。 | Last-ditch talks headed down to the wire as union and management raced a deadline which could force the New York Post to close down today for good after187 year. | → |
|