Gb | Eng | Viet |
---|
别以为我能相信那件事. | You can scarcely expect me to believe that. | → |
不要指望一个星期就能学会一门外语. | You can't expect to learn a foreign language in a week. | → |
在出访外国之前要做好许多准备工作。 | There are a lot of preliminaries to be gone through before you can visit a foreign country. | → |
如果你到今晚把手头上的工作做完,你明天就可以休息。 | Provided/Providing (that) you clear your desk by this evening, you can have tomorrow off. | → |
盒式音像带上有个小窗, 能看见里面的磁带. | There is a little window in the cassette case so that you can see the tape. | → |
既然你无法回答这个问题,我们最好再问问别人。 | Since you can't answer the question, perhaps we'd better ask someone else. | → |
如果最后你能够有所成就, 你的努力就不会白费。 | Your efforts will not come to no avail, if you can achieve something at last. | → |
你如果可以正确有效地使用一个词,你就是了解它了。 | If you can use a word correctly and effectively you comprehend it. | → |
你认为你能来吗? | Do you think you can come? | → |
你肯定你九点能来吗? | Are you sure you can come by at nine? | → |
【谚】今天能够做的事,切莫拖延到明天。 | Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. | → |
电影院不远, 你可以走到那去。 | The cinema is not far, you can get there on foot. | → |
你不能自己去登山。 | You can't go mountain climbing by yourself. | → |
可以逼人服从, 却无法逼人生爱. | You can compel obedience, but not affection. | → |
距离六英里以外的东西很难看清. | At a distance of six miles you can't see much. | → |
你可以把这些磁带当作听力材料。 | You can use these tapes as aural material. | → |
你不能回避在这一事件中的责任。 | You can't retreat from the responsibility in this affair. | → |
你在夜晚可以看到星星,白天却看不到。 | You can see stars by night, but not by day. | → |
本身行为不正, 则不宜批评别人. | You can ill afford to criticize others when you behave so badly yourself. | → |
你不能穿那种衣服出席招待会--不太庄重. | You can't wear that to the reception it's not dressy enough. | → |
你可以从我的错误中得到教训,避免犯同样错误。 | You can profit by my mistakes and avoid them yourself. | → |
你真走运, 不用出席那死气沉沉的招待会. | You can thank your lucky stars (that) you don't have to go to this dreary reception. | → |
如果你往树后更远处看,就正好可以看见远处的村庄。 | If you look beyond the tress, you can just see the village in the distance. | → |
你欠我的债可以慢慢还。 | You can take your time to pay the debt you owe me. | → |
你可以接通全国计算机网络。 | You can plug into the national computer network. | → |
你放心好了, 本周末一定下雨. | You can rely upon it that it will rain this weekend. | → |
这是五镑的钞票--零钱不用找了. | Here's a five-pound note -- you can keep the change. | → |
就连你所能想到的最壮的人也不能光用手就将木头撕裂。 | The strongest man (that) you can think of cannot tear the log apart with bare hands. | → |
无通行证者不得擅入军事基地. | You cannot enter a military base without a permit. | → |
如果那么你们能生产品质这么优良款式有新颖的鞋子,它们在我们市场上将会大受欢迎。 | If you can produce fashionable styles of such fine quality, your shoes will win great popularity in our market. | → |
要是把眼睛闭上就什麽也看不见了。 | If you shut your eyes you can't see. | → |
使用两个镜子能看见自己的头的後部. | If you use mirrors you can see the back of your head. | → |
你可以尝尝这道咖喱菜,看看够不够辣。 | You can taste the curry to see if it's hot enough. | → |
不努力是考不及格的, 因此不要欺骗自己(以为可以及格). | You can't pass exams without working, so don't deceive yourself (into thinking you can). | → |
我是实事求是的人--知道不可能在一夜之间改变人们的看法。 | I'm a realist I know you can't change people's attitudes overnight. | → |
对不起, 你只能在八号窗口买旅行支票。 | I am sorry, you can only buy traveler's check at Window Eight. | → |
你绝不能投降。 | You can in no way surrender. | → |
你不能把油和水混合。 | You can't mix oil with water. | → |
今日事, 今日毕。 | Never put off what you can do today until tomorrow. | → |
你不关心妻子儿女是说不过去的. | You can't justify neglecting your wife and children. | → |
你们不能两人同时用这辆自行车--得轮流使用. | You can't both use the bike at once you'll have to take turns. | → |
警惕性是万万不可放松的. | You cannot afford to relax your vigilance for a moment. | → |
你今晚不能和我们一起去看戏, 真可惜. | What a pity that you can't come to the theatre with us tonight. | → |
你在良心上总不能认为那样的报酬算是合理的吧. | You cannot in all conscience regard that as fair pay. | → |
若你方能保证按期交货,我们要下大的订单。 | If you can guarantee punctual delivery, we shall place large orders with you. | → |
你千万别穿戴成那样子出去. 那会让你祖母躺在坟里也不得安生. | You can't go out dressed like that. It's enough to make your grandmother turn in her grave! | → |
你愈早戒烟愈好。 | You cannot quit smoking too soon. | → |
在瀑布下游附近可以过河. | You can cross the river a short distance below (ie downstream from) the waterfall. | → |
如果你们能多给我们一些佣金,就可以便于我方推销。 | It will be easier for us to push the sale if you can give us more commission. | → |
你对合唱团毫无益处--你简直唱不成调! | You're no use in the choir you cant sing a note! | → |
国防开支可削减不得--那可是关天关地的事! | You can't cut spending on defence that's sacrosanct! | → |
我和你换换地方吧[咱们换换地方吧, 这样你就能靠近窗户]. | Let me change places with you/Let's change places so you can be next to the window. | → |
前面肯定有险阻,你可以向前也可以后退,你将怎么办啊? | The danger is certainly a lion in the path; you can go ahead or turn back. Which will you do? | → |
"告诉你的朋友们你一天吃不了三大餐。""我可不想使他们不高兴,最好还是入乡随俗-何况只有一周的时间。" | "Just tell your friends you can't eat three enormous meals a day." "I wouldn't like to offend them. When in Rome, better do as the Romans do-especially as it's only for a week." | → |
苏联外长谢瓦尔德纳泽星期五来华盛顿。他将带给里根一封戈尔巴乔夫的亲笔信……。你尽可以打赌一定是有关几乎吹的高峰会。 | Soviet foreign minister Eduard Shevardnadze is coming to Washington on Friday. He'll be bringing Ronald Reagan a letter from Mikhail Gorbachev himself…But you can bet the rent it'll be about the summit that almost wasn't. | → |
在大多数的主要交叉路口,都有一幅街道(朗巴德街、俄亥俄街、市场街等等)的详图刻在人行道的石头上。只要你低头看一下,就知道自己所在的位置了。 | At most of the important crossings there is a plan of the streets(Lombard Street; Ohio Street; Market Street; and so on)cut into the stone of the sidewalk so that you can look down and see where you are. | → |
等我们检查完你的文件就退还给你. | You can have your files back after we've checked them. | → |
人的本性难移. | You can't change human nature. | → |
这场战争的结局难以预料. | You can't foretell how the war will end. | → |
你可以看到夜空中的星群。 | You can see stars in clusters in the night sky. | → |
你如果不会签名,画一个十字也可以。 | If you can't sign your name, make a cross instead. | → |
天气晴朗时, 从塔顶上能看到很远的地方. | On a clear day you can see for miles from the top of the tower. | → |
如果你不能用现金购房, 也可以分期付款。 | If you can't pay for the house in cash, you can buy it on installment. | → |
您既然不能降价,那这笔交易不如就拉倒吧。 | Since you cannot reduce the price, we may call off the deal(business) as well. | → |
首次订购时,本人将提供信用照会资料给您。 | My credit references will be provided if you can make an initial order. | → |
儿子,别担心,作不出来就算了。告诉你老师,别忘了诗人是天生的,不是教出来的。 | Stop worrying if you can't do it, son, and tell your teacher to remember that poets are born, not made. | → |
这里您可以看到两名工人,他们刚刚割好三大马车金黄色的通心粉小麦杆。 | Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cart-loads of golden brown macaroni stalks. | → |
你可以看到小孩在河对岸玩耍。 | You can see children playing on the other side of the river. | → |
我得把你送进监狱直到你的案子进行审理,除非你可以找个人保释你。 | I shall have to put you in prison until your case can be heard, unless you can find anyone to go bail for you. | → |
违法者必受惩罚. | You cannot break the law with impunity. | → |
你犯的这种罪不可能被处以绞刑. | You can't hang for such a crime. | → |
你一定要断了嫁给汤姆的念头. | You can give up all/any thought of marrying Tom. | → |
用廉价的仿制品骗不了行家. | You can't fob an expert off with cheap imitations. | → |
如果你找不到别人,我同意为球队上场打球,但我先告诉你,我的球艺因久不练习已经生疏。 | If you can't get anyone else I don't mind playing for the team, but I warn you that I'm not in practice. | → |
雨伞可放於入口处. | You can leave your umbrella in the entry. | → |
你可以极目远眺,看到海岸。 | You can see as far as the coast. | → |
你可以得到一笔拨款来修缮住房。 | You can get a grant to improve your house. | → |
我不打算放弃我的假日来迁就你, 你不听也得听! | I'm not giving up my holiday to suit you, so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it! | → |
他一旦下了决心就毫不动摇[无法使他改变(意见)]. | Once he's made up his mind, he never budges/you can never budge him (from his opinion). | → |
在我们办公室里可以看到有某种(令人不寒而栗的)不安迹象. | You can see signs of (a creeping) malaise in our office. | → |
如果能收到你们寄来的I-20表格,确认我已被录取,我随即启程前往。 | If you can send me the I-20 form indicating my acceptance, I can prepare to leave at once. | → |
|