Gb | Eng | Viet |
---|
我们有时候吃大米, 不吃土豆. | We sometimes eat rice instead of potatoes. | → |
除非出现奇迹, 不然我们现在是输定了. | Short of a miracle, we're certain to lose now. | → |
专心工作, 不要说话. | Attend to your work and stop talking. | → |
你真走运, 不用出席那死气沉沉的招待会. | You can thank your lucky stars (that) you don't have to go to this dreary reception. | → |
我想拦住他, 不让他进门, 可是他硬闯进来了. | I tried to stop him coming through the door but he just barged (his way) in. | → |
那老太太每天去买报纸, 不多时便觉乐在其中, 因为她主要是想和店主聊天. | For the old lady buying the daily newspaper soon became an end in itself, since she really just wanted to chat with the shopkeeper. | → |
我心情愁闷, 不想和任何人讲话。 | I am out of spirits and don't want to speak to anyone. | → |
她干起活来倒是相当不错, 不过有时需要加以督促. | She is a fairly good worker, but she needs prodding occasionally. | → |
她熨衬衣时样子呆板, 不动脑筋. | She was quite mechanical and unthinking in the way she ironed the shirts. | → |
我们的口号是: `要循序渐进, 不要剧烈变革.' | Our watchword is: Evolution, not revolution'. | → |
那件大衣很合身、 不合身、 很瘦、 很宽松等. | The coat was a good, bad, tight, loose, etc fit. | → |
那强盗厉声叫道: `不许动, 不然就打死你.' | One false move and you're a dead man,' snarled the robber. | → |
警察告诫围观者, 不要靠近燃烧 的建筑物. | Police warned bystanders to keep away from the blazing building. | → |
`你没赶上公共汽车吗? 不要紧, 五分钟後就来一辆.' | Did you miss the bus? Never mind, there'll be another one in five minutes. | → |
那一定是别人的外衣, 不是我的. | That must be somebody else's (ie some other person's) coat; it isn't mine. | → |
在我们家 不容许吸烟. | We don't allow smoking in our house. | → |
这只是玩具枪, 不能发射子弹. | This is just a toy gun: it doesn't shoot. | → |
他很自私, 不想把汽车借给我. | He's too selfish to think of lending me his car. | → |
我再说一遍: 跑道尚未畅通, 不能起飞. | I repeat: the runway is not clear for take-off. | → |
他只顾自己, 不关心我们. | He's too self-absorbed to care about us. | → |
要把球接住, 不要让它落地. | Try to catch the ball before it lands. | → |
他很真诚, 不由得我不信任他. | His sincerity inclines me to trust him. | → |
我觉得她非常冷淡, 不好相处. | I find her very aloof and unfriendly. | → |
这块湿地不够坚实, 不能在上面走. | This wet ground is not firm enough to walk on. | → |
我三番五次地告诉过你, 不要做那种事. | I've told you again and again not to do that. | → |
我们向经销商出售汽车, 不卖给一般人. | We sell cars to the trade, not to the general public. | → |
国际法这一领域, 不熟悉其复杂性则寸步难行. | International law is a minefield for anyone not familiar with its complexity. | → |
他伸手捂住她的嘴, 不让她叫喊. | He put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming. | → |
把他说成是英雄、 天才、 笨蛋, 不一而足. | He was variously described as a hero, a genius and a fool. | → |
把文章写在练习簿里, 不要写在草稿纸上. | Write the essay in your (exercise-)books, not on rough paper. | → |
法律适用於所有的人, 不分种族、 信仰或肤色. | The laws apply to everyone irrespective of race, creed or colour. | → |
`感谢你让我们观赏你所收藏的画.'`同欢共赏, 不胜荣幸.' | `Thank you for showing us your collection of paintings.' `It's my privilege (ie I am honoured to do so).' | → |
|