back




0 New HSK word(s):
1 Old HSK word(s): C * gan3 shang4 catch up with/ be in time for

赶上




Grade E word(s):
赶上 迎头赶上
赶上 [gan3 shang4] einholen; nachholen (V)erreichen (V)gutmachen (V)



Häufigkeit: 7.78 Komposita



GbEngViet
我们已经尽了一切可能来赶上他们。 We have done all we could to catch up with them.
要想赶上其他同学, 我得特别努力才行。 I have to work hard to catch up with the other students.
他与世隔绝一个月,力图把功课赶上去。 He shut himself away for a month to catch up on his academic work.
我们很早就动身去车站以便赶上头班火车。 We left for the station so early as to catch the first train.
我不可能及时赶到会场,除非我赶上了较找的一班火车。 I couldn't have got to the meeting on time -- unless I had caught an earlier train.
`你没赶上公共汽车吗? 不要紧, 五分钟後就来一辆.' Did you miss the bus? Never mind, there'll be another one in five minutes.
我快跑为的是要赶上火车。 I run fast so that I may catch the train.
他今早睡过了头,所以这会儿他千方百计要赶上那班火车。 He overslept this morning, so now he is trying to rush for his train.
你要是现在走, 可能正赶上交通拥挤的时刻. If you go now, you're likely to hit the rush hour.
竞争,好胜心争取赶上或超过另一个的努力或野心 Effort or ambition to equal or surpass another.
快速巡逻艇迅即赶上那艘旧货船. The fast cruiser soon overhauled the old cargo boat.