back




1 New HSK word(s): HSK5 要不 + yao4bu4 otherwise; or else; how about...?; either... (or...)
3 Old HSK word(s): C Conj * yao4bu4 if-not/ otherwise/ or else/ or C Conj * yao4buran2 if-not-so/ otherwise/ or else/ or C Conj * yao4bu2shi4 if-not-be/ if the fact weren't that/ hadn't/ shouldn't

要不



Bạn +
Grade E word(s):
要不得
要不 [yao4 bu4] andernfalls, anderenfalls, andererseits, ansonsteno. : oder, od. : oder



Häufigkeit: 4.4 Komposita



GbEngViet
只要不吃得太多,你可以吃任何东西。 You may eat anything, so long as you don't eat too much.
你可得安静点儿了,要不然我没法计算了。 Do keep quiet or you'll throw me out in my calculations.
大脑需要不断地供血。 The brain needs a continuous supply of blood.
别说了, 要不你把我全搞糊涂了. Stop talking, or you'll muddle me (up) completely.
要不是报纸,我们都赶不上时代了。 Without newspaper, we would get behind the times.
你得去上班了, 要不然就要失去这份工作了. You must go to work or ,else you'll lose your job.
别摇晃瓶子, 要不沉淀就都搅起来了. Don't shake the bottle or you will disturb the lees.
我要不时地再给你们介绍一些成语。 I'll give you some more idioms from time to time.
要不是我的工作没做完, 我真想去。 I would like to go only that I haven't finished my work.
除非有钱,要不然我是不会买房子的。 Unless (being) rich, I am not going to buy a house.
可别让他谈起政治来, 要不然他一谈就得一个晚上. Don't set him off talking politics or he'll go on all evening.
我们得跑著去, 要不就太晚了. We must run, otherwise we'll be too late.
另一候选人的主要不利条件是她的年龄问题. The other candidate's main disadvantage is her age.
要不是这位好心的向导,我可能就在山中迷路了。 Had it not been for the kind guide, I might have got lost in the mountains.
要不然他还会在教书,因为他的心仍然在课堂上和他的学生们在一起。 Otherwise he would still be teaching, because his heart and soul were still in the classroom with his students.
要不是隔著这座公寓大楼, 大海的景色就可以从这里一览无遗. You'd have a good view of the sea from here except for the block of flats in between.
把瓶盖儿盖好, 要不汁液就洒出来了. Put the cap back on the bottle, otherwise the juice will spill.
你别找茬儿闹事, 要不然我就叫警察了! Don't give me any aggro or I'll call the police!
要不是因为下雨, 我们的假日一定过得很惬意. But for the rain we would have had a nice holiday.
小毛孩子, 别跟我来这一套, 要不然有你後悔的. Don't try anything on with me, kid, or you'll be sorry.
先生,你要不要试穿一下这件夹克衫,看看尺寸是否合适? Would you like to try this jacket on for size, sir?
你最好把我的书给我,否则我的测验将要不及格了。 You'd better give me my book, otherwise I'll fail my test.
我告诉孩子们必须遵守家规,要不他们就会失去目前享有的某些自由。 I've told my children they must toe the line with regard to house rules or lose some of the freedom they presently enjoy.
她需要不时给予提示. She needed an occasional prompt.
马上把化肥给我们送来,要不,我们小麦播种就要给耽误了。 Send us the fertilizer at once, or our wheat sowing will be held up.
要不是办像酿酒厂或保险公司这样的副业,他们没有多少人只靠艺术就能过的舒舒服服。 Few of them managed to make a good living out of their art alone, without running a sideline such as a brewery or an insurance office.
盖上果酱瓶! 要不准得招黄蜂. Cover the jam! It's sure to invite the wasps.
奶酪蛋糕非常可口。要不要来一块? The cheesecake is very tasty. Can I bring you a piece?