back




1 New HSK word(s): HSK6 等候 + deng3hou4 to wait; to wait for
1 Old HSK word(s): C VA * deng3hou4 wait/ await/ expect

等候



Chờ đợi +
Grade E word(s):

等候 [deng3 hou4] warten, erwarten (V)



Häufigkeit: 4.39 Komposita



GbEngViet
乘客们拥挤在火车站上等候乘车。 Passengers thronged the station waiting for their trains.
他们以唱歌来减轻等候的厌烦. They alleviated the boredom of waiting by singing songs.
你得等候适当时机. You'll have to watch for the right moment.
孩子们眼巴巴地等候话剧开始。 With expectant faces, children are waiting for the drama to start.
他闪到一旁让那些等候的人过去。 He turned aside and let those who were waiting pass by.
那司机等候绿灯放行,让发动机空转著。 The driver waited for the green light, his engine racing.
咖啡馆人手不够, 所以我们不得不排队等候。 The cafeteria is short handed so we'll have to wait in line.
我们焦急万分地等候医生做出诊断。 We waited in great suspense for the doctor's diagnosis.
进入皇宫时先要在入口大厅等候, 由人带领进入正殿. You have to wait in a large entrance hall before being shown into the court proper.
我一整天都在家里等候你们的电视修理员来取电视机,但他失约了。 I've been waiting in all day for your television repair man to collect the set, but he didn't come as he promised.
我们无能为力, 只好不安地坐 等候宣布结果. There was nothing more we could do, so we just had to sit and sweat it out until the result was announced.