back




1 New HSK word(s): HSK4 恐怕 + kong3pa4 fear; to dread; I'm afraid that...; perhaps; maybe
1 Old HSK word(s): B Adv * kong3pa4 be afraid

恐怕



~要下雨了,你带伞了吗?

Tôi sợ +
Grade E word(s):

恐怕 [kong3 pa4] etwa, vielleichtbefürchten, dass



Häufigkeit: 25.21 Komposita



GbEngViet
有约在先,我恐怕不能与你共进晚餐。 I fear that a prior engagement will prohibit me from joining you in dinner.
在我看来,这次演出恐怕不能算是完全成功的。 I'm afraid that the performance was not a total success.
我恐怕没有抓住你的论据的思路。 I'm afraid I've lost the thread of your argument.
恐怕我的方位感很差,因此我容易迷路。 I'm afraid I haven't got a very good sense of directions, so I easily get lost.
恐怕我们要遇上暴风雨了。 I'm afraid we're in for a storm.
那位穿军装的人恐怕就是团长了。 The man in the army uniform will be the regiment commander.
唉,恐怕只能如此了。 Well, I think it will have to do.
假使亚当重返人间,他会懂得的恐怕只有那些老掉牙的笑话了。 If Adam came on earth again the only thing he will recognize will be the old joke.
世界性的饥饿问题是个极其难以解决的问题,我恐怕人们在我这一辈子都找不出解决的办法。 The question of world hunger is a very hard nut to crack. I doubt if we'll find the answer to it in my lifetime.
我们调查证实过了。恐怕我将不得不取消这笔生意,除非您降价。 That has been confirmed by our survey. I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the deal unless you reduce your price.
台湾恐怕没有蕴藏石油吧! Taiwan seems to contain no petroleum.
公司被迫裁员, 恐怕我是其中之一(冗员). The company is being forced to reduce staff and I fear I'm a likely candidate (for redundancy).