back




2 New HSK word(s): HSK2 + ye3 also; too; (in Classical Chinese) final particle implying affirmation HSK4 也许 + ye3xu3 perhaps; maybe
6 Old HSK word(s): A Adv * ye3 also/ too/ either A Adv * ye3xu3 perhaps/ probably/ maybe A * yi1_ye3 as soon as … then … A * lian2 dou1 ye3 even B * ji4 ye3 both … and …/ as well as C * jiu4shi4 ye3 that is to say/ in other words; that means



你去,我~去。

Cũng +

他~不会来了。

Có lẽ +
Grade E word(s):
也罢 也得 也好 也就是说 也是 也行 也有 再也不 之乎者也
也 [ye3] auch (Adv)



Häufigkeit: 99.89 Komposita



GbEngViet
也许下一次吧。 Maybe some other time.
他也学习汉语。 He studies Chinese as well.
我跳舞一点儿也不行。 I'm no good at dancing.
我累得再也走不动了。 I was too tired to walk any further.
她一点儿也不像那么大年纪. She doesn't look her age at all.
那店员一点也不怕麻烦。 The shop assistant was not in the least afraid of the trouble.
我一点也不明白你在说些什么。 I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.
万一下雨的话,我们也许得改变计画。 If the day turns out wet we may have to change our plans.
也许这本书会对你的研究有用处。 Perhaps this book will prove to be of some use to you in your studies.
我突然意识到可能再也见不着她了。 I was struck by the sudden realization that I would probably never see her again.
我再也不能忍受了。 I can't stick it any more.
他既不会读也不会写。 He can neither read nor write.
我一刻也不能再呆下去了。 I can't stay any longer.
如果我赶不上火车,那也没关系。 It doesn't matter if I miss my train.
即使你不喜欢这工作,你也得做。 Even though you do not like it, you must do it.
她穿那些衣服也并没显得更漂亮。 Those clothes do nothing to enhance her appearance.
我们既不将打篮球也不将打排球。 We are going to play neither basketball nor volleyball.
他对学校课外活动一点也不积极。 He doesn't take an active part in many school activities.
我喜欢滑雪, 同时也知道这非常危险。 I like skiing and in the meantime, I know it is very dangerous.
我们再怎样强调学英文的重要性也不为过。 We cannot emphasize too much the importance of learning English.
他的秘密至死也不为人知,因为他从未告诉过别人。 His secret died with him, for he never told anyone.
即使多年没有看见我的同学,我也马上认出了他。 Even though I hadn't seen my classmate for many years, I recognized him immediately.
你或许也会发现阅读已经变成是有趣的事,而不是工作。 You may also find that reading has become more fun than work!
亿万人的收入增加了,这是他们自己做梦也想不到的。 Incomes of millions upon millions of people have increased beyond their dreams.
同样的问题人们向他问得太多了,所以他的答案也是千篇一律。 He was asked the same question so many times that the answer became mechanical.
哦,也许我错了。 Oh, maybe I was wrong.
这小镇上什么事也没发生过。 Nothing ever happens in this town.
他们宁愿去钓鱼,也不愿待在家里。 They would rather go fishing than stay at home.
满是尘土的路弄得行人也满面尘土了。 The dusty road made the travelers dusty too.
咱们索性把蛋糕吃完吧, 也没剩多少了. We might as well finish (up) the cake; there isn't much left.
我一整天围着火热的炉子辛辛苦苦地做出这顿饭,可是他们现在几乎一点儿也没有吃。 I slaved away all day over a hot stove to produce this meal, and now they've hardly eaten any of it.
什么也不能推动一个按钟头收费的人,对他的平静的心情来说,时间的消逝是多么甜蜜啊。 Nothing can move a man who is paid by the hour; how sweet the flight of time seem to his calm mind.
他们也许妒嫉他的成功。 They may feel jealous of his success.
我宁愿考不及格,也不愿意考试作弊。 I would rather fail than cheat in the examination.
一般人也许会嘲笑他的音乐,但我们更了解它。 The multitude may laugh at his music, but we know better.
约翰甚至在夏天也不出门。 John doesn't go out even in the summer.
伦敦也被称为现代巴比伦。 London was also called the modern Babylon.
回去? 我宁可移居海外也不回去! Go back there? I'd sooner emigrate!
【谚】东也好,西也好,还是家最好。 East or west, home is best.
你真的一点也不关心你的将来? Do you really care nothing about your future?
这个女人说:"也许他又聋又哑吧。" "Perhaps he's deaf and dumb, " said the woman.
我喜欢夏天吃莴苣,我的兔子也喜欢。 I like to eat lettuce in summer, and so does my rabbit.
玛丽不但清扫房间而且也洗刷窗子。 Mary not only cleaned the room but (also) washed the window.
北极熊虽然会游泳,但也是陆栖动物。 Although they can swim, the polar bears are terrestrial animals.
我们要是买不起汽车, 也就只好不用(汽车)了. If we can't afford a car, we'll just have to do without (one).
即使是最聪明的人也会陷入琐事与混乱之中。 The most brilliant person may be mired in detail and confusion.
人们一提到维也纳就会联想到华尔兹圆舞曲和咖啡馆. People connect Vienna with waltzes and coffee-houses.
我一点儿也不行。 I'm no good.
他也不是技术员。 He's not a technician, either.
你也好,我也好,都没错。 Neither you nor I am wrong.
在这块不毛之地上什么也不能生长。 Nothing can grow in this barren land.
再伟大的学者也没有办法解答这个难题吧。 The greatest scholar cannot solve this difficult problem.
我说几句好听的, 也许能说服他去做这工作. With a little flattery I might persuade him to do the job.
我的朋友都是男生,他们一点也不关心读书。 My friends were all boys who cared nothing about studying.
成年地做一种单调工作, 能把活人也做成机器人. Years of doing the same dull job can turn you into a machine.
就像其他老人一样,我祖父也老喜欢讲他当年的故事。 As is often the case with old people, my grandfather is fond of talking about good old days.
我不禁也有同样的想法。 I can not help think the same.
听众至少也有五千人。 The audience was not less than five thousand.
要求和她定个约会也没有用。 It is no good asking her for a date.
谁也料不到有这些奇怪的事情. No one could have foretold such strange events.
他专心读报, 连门铃也没听见。 He was too absorbed in the newspaper to hear the bell.
她是英国人, 但也有一些德国亲戚. She is British but also has German connections.
她说她再也不愿进入那所房子了。 She said she would never set foot in that house again.
有一点是肯定的, 你再也不能行走了. This much is certain, you will never walk again.
他老是把钱借给她,心肠也太软了。 He's always lending her money; he's too soft-hearted.
我再也不想到这个糟糕的地方来了. I have no intention of coming to this terrible place again!
许多学生缺席,特别是连班长也没来。 Many students were absent, notably the monitor.
她即使在最糟糕的时候也总是非常乐观. She was always optimistic, even when things were at their worst.
她显然丝毫也不顾及别人以及别人的感情. She shows a total disregard for other people and their feelings.
她的歌声优美,此外,她的舞也跳得不错。 She sings beautifully; what is (far) better/more, she dances well.
我会尽力帮忙,但我所能做的也是有限度的。 I'll help as much as I can, but there is a limit to what I can do.
阅览室有许多学生,也有一些消磨时间的人。 The reading room held many students, as well as a few time killers.
这件事明天可能宣布--也可能不宣布, 看情形吧. There may be an announcement about this tomorrow or not, as the case may be.
我们的职员少一些也能发挥同样效率, 这是言之成理的. It is arguable that we would be just as efficient with fewer staff.
我想您也许知道中国在对外贸易中采取了灵活政策。 I think you probably know that China have adopt a flexible policy in her foreign trade.
一个英国人,尽管只有他一个人,也会独个儿排成整整齐齐的一队。 An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one.
年代从某一具体日期算起的一段时间,也用作其年代系统的根据 A period of time as reckoned from a specific date serving as the basis of its chronological system.
社会是由形形色色的人组成。有些人很好,有些人很坏,也有些人介乎两者之间。 Society is made up of a variety of people; some are good, others (are) bad, and still others (are) in between.
我一点也不惊讶她的率直。 I'm not surprised at her frankness.
她也受到波及,但程度较轻。 She had also been affected, but to a lesser degree.
即使我们富裕了也仍应该厉行节约。 We should practice economy even if we are rich.
我使尽了浑身解数也劝不动他们. I tried every trick in the book but I still couldn't persuade them.
哪怕失业,我也要遵循自己的原则。 I shall stand by my principles even if it means losing my job.
他们因对手权柄在握, 反抗也没用. Their opponents had the whip hand and it was useless to resist.
你应该立即申请, 亲自去也好, 写信也好. You should apply immediately, in person or by letter.
甚至在日落之后,气温也不见降低。 Even after sunset there was little moderation in the temperature.
她宁可辞职也不愿参与这种不正当的买卖. She would sooner resign than take part in such dishonest business deals.
我也认为不卫生,但是我对病菌的抵抗力很高。 I don't think so, either, but my resistance to germs is high.
哪怕是出了再小的差错,老板也会对他横加斥责。 His boss will jump on every little mistake he makes, no matter how trivial.
就连你所能想到的最壮的人也不能光用手就将木头撕裂。 The strongest man (that) you can think of cannot tear the log apart with bare hands.
假如我再容忍你下去的话,我可能会一步步退化至成为老婆也未可知。 If I continue to endure you a little longer, I may by degrees dwindle into a wife.
我们当初若是稍微再多考虑一下, 也许就能买到我们真正想要的房子了. With a little more forethought we could have bought the house we really wanted.
大都市外面的生活步调往往是缓慢得多,这在其他国家也是真的那样。 Often life is much slower outside the big cities, as is true in other countries as well.
我宁愿照顾活人的肚子,也不愿以石碑的形式来照顾死者的荣耀。 I'd rather take care of the stomachs of the living than (take care of) the glory of the dead in the form of stone memorials.
谁也敬爱全凭一已之力奋斗成功的人,以此法获得成功当然比完全无法成功要好得多。 Everybody like and respects self-made men; it's a great deal better to be made that that way then not to be made at all.
往往日本人以自创的方法改良我们的机器。就像所有其他半导体公司一样,我们也陷于困境。 And often the Japanese have added proprietary engineering to improve our machines. Like all the other semiconductor firms, we are in a box.
导弹有极微小的偏斜也可能酿出大祸. The smallest deflection of the missile could bring disaster.
如果你作弊,考试及格也没什么价值。 There is little merit in passing the examination if you cheated.
哪怕是个有经验的登山者也会馅入困境。 Even an experienced cumber will get into trouble.
他是一个多面手,既是修理工,也是木匠,既是一个理发师,也是一个好裁缝。 He is a man of parts; he is either a repairman, or a carpenter, either a barber or a good tailor.
要是把眼睛闭上就什麽也看不见了。 If you shut your eyes you can't see.
我再也不做那种事了, 我已有了教训! I'll never do that again; I've learned my lesson!
他至少也该来道个别(然而却没来)。 He should at least have come to say good-by.
赢不了也不要紧--只要你尽力而为。 It doesn't matter if you don't win just do your best.
她花言巧语也未能打动他们卖掉别墅。 All her wiles were not enough to persuade them to sell the villa.
把这件事当作你的教训, 再也不要玩火柴了! Let this be a lesson to you never to play with matches!
不畏缩的;坚定的表示既不害怕也不犹豫的;坚决的 Showing neither fear nor indecision; resolute.
我的汽车陷入泥中, 一动也不动[我无法使它移动]. My car's stuck in the mud, and it won't budge/I can't budge it.
你什麽也不用做--只管轻松愉快地享受旅游的乐趣. You don't have to do anything just lie back and enjoy the journey.
既然你喜欢我的连衣裙而我也喜欢你的,咱们交换好吗? As you like my dress and I like yours, shall we do a swap?
我们即使有新闻自由,也并不意味著一切报道都真实可信、准确无误。 We might have a free press, but that doesn't mean all reporting is true and accurate.
玛丽一点也没有其他兴趣,她的全部生活都围绕着丈夫和孩子转。 Mary has no outside interest at all.Her whole life revolves around her husband and the children.
当一个候选人隔开马路也认得你的时候,离选举(的日子)也就不太远了。 The election is not very far off when a candidate can recognize you across the street.
我老喜欢在礼拜天起程旅行,因为无论走水路也好,走陆路也好,教堂里的祈祷将会保佑我的整个旅程。 I always like to begin a journey on Sunday because I shall have the prayers of the church to preserve all that travel by land or by water.
贴在窗上的海报写着:所有的电冰箱、洗衣机和吸尘哭降价5%,许多其它家用电器也赔血本出售。 The poster on the window read:5% reduction on all refrigerators, washing-machines and vacuum cleaners. Many other household appliances at cut-throat prices.
这个凡人叫阿拉喀涅,她有一手非凡的纺织和刺绣本领,每当这位少女干活儿时就连林中和喷泉中的神女们也都拥来观看。 That mortal was Arachne, a maiden who had attained such skill in the arts of weaving and embroidery that the nymphs themselves would leave their groves and fountains to come and gaze upon her work.
显然,美国运通在罗宾逊离开以后将成为较小的公司。可能出售它的希尔森·里曼兄弟公司,放弃成为“财务超级市场”的梦想。公司的作风也可能改变-从一个贵族和官僚作风的帝国变成一个较为实事求是的公司。 Clearly, AmEx will be a smaller company in the post-Robinson era. It is likely to sell its Shearson Lehman Brothers division, giving up dreams of becoming a"financial supermarket." Company culture, too, may change, from an aristocratic and bureaucratic empire to a company that is more down to earth.
她一点儿常识也没有. She hasn't an ounce of common sense.
谁也不会相信那个借口. No one will buy that excuse.
你一点也没让我为难. You didn't embarrass me in the slightest.
我现在讲的话,我相信也是在座许多同志的想法。 In what I am saying now I believe I speak also for many others present at this meeting.
即使下雨我们也要去。 We'll go even if it rains.
过去的事哭也是白费力气。 It is no use crying about the past.
也许就是路过顺便来看看。 Maybe he just came by to drop in.
他得到越多,想要的也越多。 The more he has, the more he wants.
我无论如何也不卖那幅画. I wouldn't sell that picture for all the world.
似乎什么事也没发生过似的。 It seems as if he had been working for hours.
布告贴得太高--谁也没法看. The notice is placed too high nobody can read it.
目光远大的人便也心胸开阔。 Those who take long views are broad-minded.
无论如何我们也只能听其自然。 Be that as it may, I'll leave it as it is.
如今女子再也不接受此种待遇了. Women today no longer accept such treatment.
她不只能说德国话也能说法国话。 She can speak not only German but also French.
当上了歌剧明星也决非事事如意。 Being an opera star is not all roses by any means.
最小的响声也会吓着这个胆小的孩子的。 The least noise would startle the timid child.
他这人疑心太重, 连自己的母亲也不相信. He's so suspicious he would distrust his own mother.
你太粗心了,居然连你妈妈的生日也忘了。 It was thoughtless of you to forget your mother's birthday.
他是地方行政官员, 也就是说是文官. He's a local government administrator, that is to say a Civil Servant.
这个老人再也担负不了对自己家庭的责任了。 The old man can hardly bear up to his family responsibility any more.
谁也不会象病金鱼的主人般觉得那样束手无策。 No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
他成了她的高级顾问--你要说是她的副手也未尝不可. He became her senior adviser her deputy, if you will.
我对于这个价格既没有表示惊异,也没想接受。 I neither expressed surprise at the price nor attempted to accept it.
弟兄两个我谁也不相信,他们都是一路货色。 I won't trust either of the two brothers; they are tarred with the same brush.
如果你们成天游手好闲,就永远也成不了好学生。 You will never be good students so long as you goof around.
我一点也没有吃惊,因为我早已料到会有那样的事。 I was not in the least surprised, for I had expected as much.
那些小男孩儿巴不得让那欺负人的坏蛋也尝点苦头. The smaller boys badly wanted to give the bully a dose of his own medicine.
他正在阅读一部引人入胜的惊险小说,什么也惊动不了他。 He is at an absorbing thriller and can't be disturbed.
我失掉这份工作也没有关系,我随时都能再找到工作。 It's no skin off my nose if I lose this job, I can always get another one.
起初,我们没有现成的技术资料,但也设法照样干下去了。 At first, no ready technical data were available, but we managed to go without.
那根巨大的分针不动了。我们等来等去,但一点儿动静也没有。 The big minute hand did not move. We waited and waited, but nothing happened.
学习英语就象建房子,打下扎实的基础是最基本也是最重要的一步。 Learning English is like building a house, laying a strong foundation is the first and most important step.
那家商店里没什么可买的。那里没有衬衫,没有背心,没有牛仔裤,也没有睡衣。 There was nothing to buy in the store. There were no shirts, no vests, no jeans, and no pajamas.
孩子们想玩多久就玩多久,他们没有事做,也没有人会责骂他们,总而言之,他们很快乐。 The children could play as long as they liked, they had no work to do, and nobody scolded them, in short, they were happy.
自我在精神分析学中指有意识的最直接地控制思想和行为,与外部世界联系也最多的那部分自我 In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.
物理学家们正在研究对环境危害少的发电新方法,与此同时,许多发电厂也在实现现代化以减少污染物质的释放量。 Physicists are studying new ways of generating electricity with less damage to the environment. In the meantime, many power plants are being modernized to give off less polluting material.
他再也抵抗不住了. He could resist no longer.
他们也想摧毁地下室。 Also they want to destroy the basement.
她很聪明, 倒也很谦虚. Though very intelligent, she is nevertheless rather modest.
我宁可死,也不愿忍辱偷生。 I would rather die than live in disgrace.
谁也不怀疑她能胜任教师工作。 No one doubts her competence as a teacher.
跳舞的人旋转著, 裙子也不停地打转. Dancers spun in a swirl of skirts.
我会寂寞,若非有鸟也有花。 I should be lonely, were it not for the birds and the flowers.
人民不惜付出任何代价也要争取和平. The people wanted peace at any price.
抄袭者,起码也有保存文物的功劳。 Plagiarists, at least, have the merit of preservation.
在无人岛上夸耀富有也是白费力气。 It is of no use boasting of being rich on a desert island.
除了他的孙子之外, 这个老人谁也不想见。 The old man wanted to see nobody other than his grandson.
我一定是瞎了眼, 连我们身临险境也看不出来. I must have been blind not to realize the danger we were in.
我宁可安于贫穷,也不愿用不当手段赚钱。 I would rather remain poor than get money by dishonest means.
甚至他最知己的朋友也劝阻他去寻求更高的职位。 Even his closest friends discouraged him from seeking higher office.
若生产成本增加, 则价格也要相应提高. If production costs go up, there will be a pro rata increase in prices/prices will increase pro rata.
弱者被逼太甚,也会进行抗争,你最好还是给她一条出路。 Even a worm will turn. You had better give her a way out.
我想看见他受辱,他使别人吃苦,也让他吃同样的苦。 I like to see him in the dust, suffering as much as he had made others suffer.
在一年中的这个时候,下霜也是可能的,虽然可能性并不大。 Frost is possible, although unlikely, at this time of year.
在这期间,随着岁月的流逝,他的生活也照例跟着起了变化。 In the meanwhile, time did not roll on without effecting his usual changes.
你千万别穿戴成那样子出去. 那会让你祖母躺在坟里也不得安生. You can't go out dressed like that. It's enough to make your grandmother turn in her grave!
也许要经过若干年这家新公司才能在市场上取得稳固的立足点。 It may be many years before the new company can gain a secure foothold in the market.
她再与也不会干涉你了,你有了独立自主权,你已经有了你自己出入大门的钥匙。 She won't interfere with you any more; your independence is achieved and you have won your latchkey.
无产阶级工业社会中挣工资的阶级,他们既没占有资本也没有生产资料,必须通过出卖劳动谋生 The class of industrial wage earners who, possessing neither capital nor production means, must earn their living by selling their labor.
她一点也不害怕悬挂式滑翔。 Hang-gliding holds no fears for her.
谎言再多也掩盖不了事实真相。 No amount of lies can cover up reality.
我宁愿被嘲笑,也不愿和他吵架。 I would rather be laughed at than quarrel with him.
饥荒十分严重,援助也只是杯水车薪。 The famine is so bad, aid can only scratch the surface.
谎言打击真理,真理也必须反击谎言。 The lie lays at the truth and the truth must lay at the lie.
我今年22岁了, 也就是说, 我是 1975年出生的。 I am 22, that is to say, I was born in 1975.
这场戏大部分内容是用韵文写成的, 但也有一些是散文形式的. Most of the scene is written in verse, but some is in prose.
他是一个能忍耐的人,但就连他也没法忍受那种挑衅了。 He is a patient man, but not even he could sit down under that kind of provocation.
世间的女性,甚至尼姑,都情愿失掉贞操也不愿失掉声誉。 Any woman in the world, even a nun, will rather lose her virtue than her reputation.
也无须柏树来荫覆。 Nor shady cypress tree.
我的脚怎麽也够不著踏板. My feet can hardly reach the pedals.
我宁可挨饿也不吃那种东西! I'd rather go hungry than eat that!
花这麽一点钱也要去请示, 真烦人. It's annoying to have to get authorization for spending such piddling amounts of money.
英语的元音字母有a,e,i,o,u,有时也包括y。 The vowels in the English alphabet are a,e,i,o,u, and, sometimes, y.
加紧干吧!如果不快点,我们永远也完不成的。 Shake a let there! We'll never finish if you don't hurry up.
不及物的既不主动也不被动的;不及物的。用于指动词 Neither active nor passive; intransitive. Used of verbs.
我谈到的陆军方面, 如作适当变动, 也适用於海军. What I have said about the army also applies, mutatis mutandis, to the navy.
那调皮孩子哪儿去了? 我看, 他到哪儿也做不出好事来. Where's that naughty child now? I'm sure he'll be up to no good wherever he is.
让联赛中最差劲的队打败了? 这是永远也忘不了的事! Beaten by the worst team in the league? They'll never live it down!
即使灯泡中的空气被抽出,钨丝也会慢慢地蒸发。 Even with the air pumped out the bulb, the tungsten filament slowly vaporizes.
他说他受过折磨拷打, 从他身上的伤疤看来倒也可信. The scars on his body lent colour to his claim that he had been tortured.
她为人厚道、慷慨大方,倒也弥补了她偶尔发点儿脾气。 Her kindness and generosity cancel out her occasional flashes of temper.
即使周围的人都惊惶不已, 她也总是保持著超然的镇静. Even when those around her panic she always maintains an Olympian calm.
谁也不能以不知法为借口而得到原谅——当律师的格外不行。 Ignorance of the law excuse no man- from practicing it.
我没有适合那种场合的礼服,也许穿深色西服还行吧? I have no formal clothes for the occasion. Perhaps I can get by in a dark suit?
为了她的缘故,也为了约翰,我热切地希望她能被找到。 For her sake, as well as for John's, I hoped fervently that she might still be found.
既没打电话也没写信给我们;既非植物也非动物的生命形态 Has neither phoned nor written us; life forms that are neither plants nor animals.
前面肯定有险阻,你可以向前也可以后退,你将怎么办啊? The danger is certainly a lion in the path; you can go ahead or turn back. Which will you do?
这里的膳宿供应也许不见得完全令人满意,但是我们只好随遇而安。 The accommodation may not be all that we should like, but we shall have to make the best of it.
"这就是那些历史关头之一,"罗杰说:"这关头也许会改变历史的进程。" "This is one of those moments, "Roger said, "which might change the course of history."
敝人也提请师范学院教育系鲍尔教授作证明人,已得到他的同意。 I am also permitted to refer to Professor Raymond Powell of the Education Department at the Normal college.
如果他真地要你当众收回海口,那你也是活该;你本不该那样自吹自擂。 It serves you right if he did make you eat the leek in public; you should not be so boastful.
我们的新型洗衣粉顾客都很满意, 成千上万的人不可能都错了, 您也不妨试一试好吗? Thousands of satisfied customers can't be wrong, so why don't you try our new washing-powder?
我所问的那个家伙起先一声也不响,上下打量我,注意到我衣衫褴褛,然后他说:“稍等一会儿。” The fellow I spoke to made no answer at first, looked me up and down, noticed that I was almost in rags, then said," Just a minute."
嗜中性染料的不一定非用酸性或碱性染剂染色不可的,也易于用中性染剂染色的,尤其指白细胞 Not stained strongly or definitely by either acid or basic dyes but stained readily by neutral dyes. Used especially of white blood cells.
你对词汇的把握程度反映了你的智力水平,当你通过学习掌握了更多的词汇析时候,偿大脑的思维能力也会啬。 The extent of your vocabulary indicates the degree of your intelligence. Your brain power will increase as you learn to know more words.
欧洲新闻界常把里根先生描绘成钉住卡扎菲上校不放,譬如说对叙利亚则睁一眼闭一眼。据说叙国也有化学武器,并与恐怖活动有关。 And in the European press, Mr. Reagan was frequently portrayed as fixated on Colonel Qaddafi, turning a blind eye, for example, to Syria, which is also said to have chemical weapons and has also been tied to terrorism.
她也在冒这样的风险. She runs the same risks.
大多数孩子都喜欢吃糖果,但也有一些例外。 Most children like sweets, but there are some exceptions.
大体上说,这里的气候还是很宜人的,夏天不太热,冬天也不太冷。 On the whole, the climate here is quite pleasant, neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter.
谁也没记著应当签名. Nobody remembered to sign their names.
半条命也比全无气息强。 Half a life is better than no breath.
有所得也可能有所失. What you gain on the swings you'll probably lose on the roundabouts.
你对地位真是一点儿也不在乎。 You don't really care a fig about status.
无论如何我也不同他调换地方。 I would not change places with him for all the world.
我再也不会容忍他的无理要求了。 I won't stand for his unreasonable demands any longer.
什么也动摇不了他要当律师的决心。 Nothing can weaken his resolve to become a lawyer.
你如果不会签名,画一个十字也可以。 If you can't sign your name, make a cross instead.
他固执己见,什么也不能让他改变。 He is wedded to his own opinion and nothing can change him.
油料作物的产量也有了明显的增长。 Oil-bearing crops have also registered marked increases.
观众静得连别针落地的声音也能听见. The audience was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop.
我也不相信我们的相关力量正在增长。 I don't believe that our relative strength is increasing.
随著新主席的到来, 公司也开始有了起色. With the advent of the new chairman, the company began to prosper.
高明的律师也许能找到回避那一条款的办法. A clever lawyer might find ways of getting round that clause.
如果你不能用现金购房, 也可以分期付款。 If you can't pay for the house in cash, you can buy it on installment.
即便是在管理最好的家庭,事故有时也会发生的。 Accidents sometimes happen even in the best regulated families.
他的工作不仅要处理难题而且也要应付突来的挑战。 His job is not only to dispose of problems but (also) to meet unexpected challenges.
这位著名的戏剧演员即便是在死后,也仍受到人们的喜爱。 This famous comic actor is loved by the people even after his death.
没有比时间更贵重的东西,但也没有比它更受轻视的东西。 Nothing is more valuable than time, but nothing is less valued.
随着生产量的增长, 需要原材料的供应也不断增长。 With the production going up, an increasing supply of raw materials is needed.
他为人诚实,不计较面子,对于别人的批评一点也不在乎。 He has an honest nature and a thick skin, and never cares a bit about other people's criticisms.
即使要通报紧急请求,不经允许闯到国王面前也是危险的。 It is dangerous to intrude into the King's presence without permission, even to make an urgent request.
她断定那笔钱用得不是地方,而我们在经济上遇到的困难却也似乎说明她言之有理。 She claimed that money had been wasted and our financial difficulties seemed to prove her point.
在英国,一些反对党的领袖是政府成员,有人建议美国也采用类似的作法。 In Britain, some opposition party leaders are members of the government, and some say that a similar device should be adopted here.
我了解你提出的这个计划的所有优越性,但是现在首要的问题是我们没钱投入,再说也没用。 I am aware of all the advantages of the scheme you propose, but we haven't the money to put down in the first place, and there's an end of it.
我的工作虽苦,但也有所补偿。 My job is hard, but it has its compensation.
他宁愿送分数,也不愿要求利益。 He would rather give away a point than claim an advantage.
她情愿玩玩蜜蜂也不愿与愚人为伍。 She will rather fool with a bee than being with a fool.
没有提拔,跟钱有关的事一点好处也没沾上。 No promotion...no nothing as far as money go.
也许太空的智慧生物已经访问过地球。 Maybe the earth has been visited by intelligent creatures from outer space.
第二天早上我发现秧苗挺立着,一点也没损坏。 The next morning I found the shoots standing up straight, not bit damaged.
这个商店可用支票和信用卡付帐, 当然也收现金. The shop will accept cheques and credit cards, not forgetting (ie and also) cash, of course.
纵使大众也曾偏向正途也罢,那总是出于错误的原因。 If the multitude ever deviate into the right, it is always for the wrong reason.
一些独居的男人宁肯靠罐头食品过日子,也不愿自己烧饭吃。 Some men on their own will live out of tins rather than cook meals for themselves.
投资是一项风险事业,就是那些懂行的人有时也会栽跟头。 Investment is a hazardous business; even those who are in the swim sometimes come a cropper.
正如人类发现的许多事物一样, 原子能既可用来为善, 也可用以作恶. Like many discoveries, atomic power can be used for good or evil.
即使要求很高的市场对不同种类的商品,也需要有各种档次的货色和价格。 Even highly demanding markets require a wide range of quality and price levels for any group of products.
他过去毫不留情地欺侮他的秘书,但是如被逼太甚,最温顺者也会反抗的,结果有一天她不辞而别了。 He used to bully his secretary without mercy, but even a worm will turn and one day she walked out and left her job without even saying goodbye.
有人说布什因选举大会开得不好以及竞选方法不佳而受害。可是即使两者都做得较好,结果也将是一样。我想根本问题也不在于经济。 Some will say Mr. Bush was done in by a bad convention and a bad campaign. But if both had gone better the outcome would have been the same. And I don't think it all came down to the economy, either.
魔鬼所逼,不得已也。 Needs must when the devil drives.
这家商店也销售廉价珠宝。 The shop sells baubles as well.
这旅馆既不宽敞也不舒服. The hotel is neither spacious nor comfortable.
登一则招聘广告,也许有用。 Insert a want ad, and it may help.
人生,再好也不过是汪洋苦海罢了。 Life is, at best, a sea of trouble.
蒂姆成了传播媒介的焦点, 却也满不在乎. Tim appeared unabashed by all the media attention.
她几个星期也琢磨不透他那封奇怪的来信. She's been puzzling over his strange letter for weeks.
就是最佳质量的橡胶也会因老化而腐烂。 Even the best quality rubber will perish with age.
窃贼把夜班守卫员捆住, 把他的嘴也堵住了. The thieves left the night-watchman tied up and gagged.
她对别人对她行为的多方谴责一点也不在乎。 She cares nothing about the condemnations of her action.
我扣动了扳机,可是枪打不响,那鹿也就逃走了。 I pulled the trigger, but the gun hung fire and the deer escaped.
我宁愿在花园锄草,也不愿在运动场上跑来跑去。 I would rather hoe in the garden than run about on the playground.
雷吉参与了这个公司的创办,公司发展了,他也获利了。 Reg had got in on the ground floor, and as the firm had progressed, so had he.
亲眼看见这一派兴旺繁荣景象的穷人们也开始想沾光发财了。 The poor, who can see this boom with their own eyes, are starting to want their share of the cake.
如果是女人,在她走向刑场的半路上,也可能会要求一点时间来化妆。 If a woman were on her way to her execution, she will demand a little time to put on make- up.
不久克里特将接纳收容你,那是养育了我的地方,我们的新房也将安的那里。 So Crete shall presently receive thee, Crete that was mine own foster-mother, where thy bridal chamber shall be.
当然,父亲会经常供给一些零钱,但是叔叔和婶婶也总是额外收入的源泉。 Father, of course, provides a regular supply of pocket-money, but uncles and aunts are always a source of extra income.
对许多小女孩来说,童话故事构成了她们的梦幻世界,她们小小的生活天地也系于神话仙境。 For most little girls fairy tales are the stuff that dreams are made of, and their little lives are bounded by the fairyland.
也许最重要的是,这些选举将使大众认识新面孔,尤其是来自反对党阵营的。这样投石问路将会测如候选人的影响力,建立知名度,并过滤问题。 Perhaps most important, these elections will put new faces before the public, especially from the opposition camp. This testing of the waters will measure the impact of the candidates, build name recognition and sift the issues.
向他投掷! 我谅你也不敢! Throw it at him! I dare you!
什麽也不能引诱我参军. Nothing would tempt me to join the army.
我怎麽也看不明白你的笔迹. I can never read your writing.
约翰拥有一部轿车,我也有。 John owns a car and so do I.
他跌下来也并未气馁,继续攀登。 He continued the climb, undaunted by his fall.
【谚】没有了名誉也就没有了生命。 Take honour from me and my life is done.
即便是天涯海角我也要跟随他。 I will follow him to the uttermost parts of the earth.
这孩子要有人督促, 否则她什麽也不干. One has to push the child or she will do no work at all.
这个错误证明他也是个凡人;人的脆弱 A mistake that shows he's only human; human frailty.
给你施麻醉後, 你就什麽也感觉不到了. You'll be under (an) anaesthetic, so you won't feel a thing.
她说什麽东西也没被偷, 那不过是掩饰罢了. She said nothing was stolen, but that's just a cover-up.
随着选举临近,党组织的活动也如火如荼。 The party organization is moving into top gear as the election approaches.
我不打算放弃我的假日来迁就你, 你不听也得听! I'm not giving up my holiday to suit you, so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!
“我们或许再也不能在湖里游泳了。"--“为什么不能呢?" "We may never swim in the lake again." --- "Why not?"
我父亲小酌之後,就变得开朗可亲些,话也说得多了。 My father expanded a little when he have have a drink, and start to talk more freely.
"如果他不努力,他将永远也不会实现有所成就的抱负。" "If he's lazy, he'll never fulfil his ambition to achieve anything."
我头脑[记忆]里(完全)是一片空白--连一个答案也想不出. My mind/memory was a (complete) blank I couldn't think of a single answer.
我那辆旧汽车原指望卖上 1000 英镑, 後来少卖了很多也认了. I had hoped to get 1000 for my old car but had to settle for a lot less.
也许我这么说可以更清楚一点:老一辈人一般都是保守的。 Perhaps I can make that clearer by saying the older generation is generally conservative.
那场运动后,自耕农再也不能拥有并在他们自己的土地上耕耘了。 The yeoman could never own and work on their land after the movement.
不要因为我说你的头发是姜黄色就大发雷霆-你也知道事实就是这样。 Don't get into a wax because I said you hair is ginger-you know that it is.
还是老生常谈的事: 谁都想让房子整洁, 可谁也不愿意亲自整理. It's the same old story: everybody wants the house tidy, but nobody wants to tidy it himself.
铜合金铜与锡、锑、磷或其物质构成的一种合金,含锡,也可不含锡 Any of various alloys of copper, with or without tin, and antimony, phosphorus, or other components.
明信片上只写了“祝你过得很愉快”,“真希望你在也这儿”或诸如此类的话。 The card just said"Having wonderful time.""Wish you were here" or some such things.
我想我很可能得到这份工作, 可是假设鲍勃也申请的话, 那[他]可能使我的计画落空. I think I'm likely to get the job, but if Bob applies for it too it/he could queer my pitch.
"这个探测队接着把整个山洞彻底地搜寻了一遍,但是,除了一只空铁皮箱以外什么也没找到。" The party then searched the whole cave thoroughly but did not find anything except an empty tin trunk.
没有一件事情比得上有朋在远方更使这地球显得如此广大的了;他们构成纬度,也构成经度。 Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make latitudes and longitudes.
人类思考的最大的忧郁,也许是:大体上,人的慈善行为究竟有益抑或更为有害,是一则疑问。 The most melancholy of human reflections, perhaps, is that, on the whole, it is a question whether the benevolence of man does most harm or good.
马尔盖特英国东南部一自治市,位于伦敦的东部。是一个著名的海滨度假胜地,轻工业也较发达。人口121,900 A municipal borough of southeast England east of London. A popular seaside resort, it also has light industries. Population, 121,900.
"你知道吗?自从玛丽的父亲病了,她一次也没有开车去看他。""我相信,她原来就是一个无情无义的女孩。" "Do you know that Mary hasn't once driven over to see her father since he has been ill? ""I can well believe it. She always was a heartless girl."
其功能可以利用程序建立或改变的,有时也称智能的(例如“一个可编程终端”,“一个可编程的机床”)。 Also, sometimes, intelligent. With a function that can be established or changed by means of a program;("a programmable terminal";"a programmable machine tool").
绅士可能有钱、或者可能依赖朋友过活;绅士的准则是,无论他怎么穷也罢,他依然是拒绝做任何有用的工作的。 A gentleman may have money or may sponge on his friends; the criterion of a gentleman is that however poor he may be he still refuses to do useful work.
其他共和国现在公开抱怨新俄罗斯帝国主义,同时以前的那些头儿们也假惺惺地为违反“人权”一掬同情之泪。 Leaders of other republics mutter openly now about a new Russian imperialism, while former chieftains shed crocodile tears over the violation of"human rights."
我对艺术一窍不通,我没见过什么大人物,我也不进好裁缝铺,这些全与我无缘。我不是出自他所认为的社会上层。 I don't know anything about art, and I haven't met any grand people, and I don't go to a good tailor, and all that, I'm not what he calls out of the top drawer.
蒂卡尔危地马拉北部的一座玛雅废城,曾是玛雅城市中最大也可能最古老的一座。挖掘和修复该废墟的工作始于1956年 A ruined Mayan city of northern Guatemala. It was the largest of the Mayan cities and may also be the oldest. Excavation and restoration of the ruins began in1956.
科技英语的一个重要的,也许是令人惊奇的特点是:无论是书面的传达,还是口头的交流,二者都是可以作为正式文体而通用的。 An important and perhaps surprising feature of technical English is that its normal style is common to both written and spoken communication.
的确,新闻媒介及公众对法国橄榄球队选拔员的尊重,几乎同法国政治家受到的尊重不相上下,当然,那也并非多大的荣耀。 Indeed French rugby selectors receive just about the same respect from their Press and public as do French politicians, which, of course, isn't saying much.
他的妻子琼是一个健壮、浅薄的女人,也是孩子们随和的母亲。当她一听说自己高贵的地位时,便立刻想入非非,暗自打算为她的年轻漂亮的女儿找一个显赫、门当户对的婆家。 And no sooner had Joan, his handsome, shallow-minded wife, the easy-going mother of his many children, heard of her exalted estate than her romantic soul began secretly to devise a brilliant and fitting alliance for her beautiful young daughter.